• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pascal Cygan (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoinkster

I would've liked to have kept pascal zidane, he's not like gallas, he won't ***** if he's played out of position and always gives his all.

I'll miss u zidane

asajoseph

Established Member
Can't hate him, but can't say I'm not slightly pleased he'll never play left-back for us again.

Bonne Chance Pascal!

Army of Me

Established Member
cheerio cheerio cheerio!

another useless player bites the dust.

so thats reyes down. cygan down. who's left that i don't like...

moose_87

im actually quite sad about this.......in a weird way. He was a true pro, didnt deserve all the stick he got. i kind of had a soft spot for him because no matter how much stick he got he always gave his best and never moaned. Good luck to him i say.
All the best pascal! i will always remember your 2 goals against fulham.

DC Gunner

Established Member
Good luck to him, I can't say I liked his playing but really never hated him. His demeanor was always of someone who cares, good luck to him. :)

Gort

Good luck to him. A true team player who just got on with it without complaining.

In some ways, Spain might suit him better.

stripey

Why sell him?

Who do we have to replace him.

Senderos injured, Campbell now at Pompey.

Where is out strength in depth?

A 19 year old Swiss defender, who else?

I dont know what is going on AW let Campbell go for nothing, 2 mill for Pascal is sound business sense if you have a ready made replcement, we dont.

Mmmm

Thommybhoy

Established Member
O.K. Our defenders now are:
Clichy, Hoyte, Flamini, Senderos, Kolo Toure, Djourou, Eboue, Lauren.
Looks good, but I must say left side doesn't give me confidence.... I really hope that they will prove me wrong.
PS Gallas doesn't want to play LD anymore or was this just a rumour?

Trick

He did supply me with some head-in-hand moments, which now I can look back on and laugh, so..... GOOD LUCK PASCAL. :)

qs

Established Member
I had just said to my girlfriend I felt sorry for Pascal as Gallas coming put him out of the first 4 centre halves. As inept as he was he was a good guy who gave his all and never complained about not getting chances or being asked to play out of position. He did an admirable job at left back last season. I wish him luck in the future.

Cant believe we got £2 million for him. :lol:

lars2006

Whats goin' on tonight? Just come home and all of a sudden two players are out, one in for sure and one awaiting a deal. :shock:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
stripey said:
Why sell him?

Who do we have to replace him.

Senderos injured, Campbell now at Pompey.

Where is out strength in depth?

A 19 year old Swiss defender, who else?

I dont know what is going on AW let Campbell go for nothing, 2 mill for Pascal is sound business sense if you have a ready made replcement, we dont.

Mmmm

I think you've forgotten about Matt Connolly who is in my view one of the best young defenders in the country. A very commanding centre-back with exceptional reading of the game, almost Terry-esque.

That means we've got;

Toure, Senderos, Gallas, Connolly, Djourou

5 centre backs, four of them internationals and one almost certain to be.

Good enough for me!

Canuck

Established Member
Good luck Pascal.
A true professional.

Another vote of confidence from Wenger for the likes of Djourou, Connolley and O'Ceurill.

Army of Me

Established Member
i can't believe we got £2mil for him... surely somebody sneezed while writing the cheque and added an extra zero on the end?

JazzG

Established Member
Was never as bad as some muppets here made him out as being and in the CL he put in some great performances for us. His pace is what let him down in the PL

Wish him the best in Spain, hope he does well there.

Who remembers his debut away to PSV? Came on very early for the injured Sol and earned a man of the match performance.

Will never forget his mammoth performance away at Roma as well, cleared one off the line from Cassano when we were 1 down if i remember correctly as well.

Never complained about being left on the bench, greet professional.

Arnie

weeeeeeeehhhhhaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!

Thank god he is gone, i can breathe easy from now on!!!

(good luck, you were a nice guy, yada-yada-yada)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom