• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pascal Cygan (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scruzgooner

moose_87 said:
im actually quite sad about this.......in a weird way. He was a true pro, didnt deserve all the stick he got. i kind of had a soft spot for him because no matter how much stick he got he always gave his best and never moaned. Good luck to him i say.
All the best pascal! i will always remember your 2 goals against fulham.
agreed. he was always trying his hardest given the talent he had, which obviously wasn't first or second choice in our team. but he was a solid part of 49 unbeaten and 26-12-0, so he can't have been as bad as all that.

good luck to you, pascal. show spain how you've earned your nickname "pascal zidane"...

choi12911

scruzgooner said:
moose_87 said:
im actually quite sad about this.......in a weird way. He was a true pro, didnt deserve all the stick he got. i kind of had a soft spot for him because no matter how much stick he got he always gave his best and never moaned. Good luck to him i say.
agreed. he was always trying his hardest given the talent he had, which obviously wasn't first or second choice in our team. but he was a solid part of 49 unbeaten and 26-12-0, so he can't have been as bad as all that.

good luck to you, pascal. show spain how you've earned your nickname "pascal zidane"...

Just saw the replay on TV when we got thrashed by Man Utd in 2005 at Highbury. Cygan was ****ing awful. Yes, he is THAT bad. I'm happy we offloaded him for 2 million pounds. On the other hand, he had a great attitude and never complained.

usheray

No one ever appreciates hard working, loyal players like pascal, people like ****s like ****ley, thanx pascal

carlos_sm

A great pro, he was always triyng to give the best for the team, his quality???, perhaps not so much, but he always played with a lot of heart and and im for that

gstew

Pascal,

Thank you for your service. You were a very good player for Arsenal and I am sorry to see you go. But I am happy that you are going to a team that values you so much (2 million for a 32 year old) and I expect you to play first team football for a competitive La Liga side. A great way to end your career.

I would also like you to know that most Gooners supported you and respected you. But the dissatisfied ones are always the loudest. They will soon choose another player to vent their ire at. It appears that the abuse that used to be hurled at you will be redirected to a combination of Hoyte and Adebayor. And next, they will turn on Freddie. Well, IMO these aren't true fans....they are just people who try to tear down others to feel as if they are raising themselves. But considering your professionalism, you will always be better than them.

gunner_down_under

2 mill, ****in idiots!....I mean, what a bargain!

great backup and never complained, but frankly he wouldn't have had much to back up his complaints!

Can't ever forget his goal line clearance off Totti and his brace against Fulham!

A Bientot Zinedane Cygan!

we have another reason to watch Villareal play!, they've stolen our French Connection!

Muppy

I feel sad for some reason. I always liked the guy for the reasons mentioned already. I'll actually have a way better impression of Cygan when he was at Arsenal than Cole.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i am happy we got rid of cygan. even though he is loyal, he is not good enough.

thanks alot for his service here, we would never forget his brace vs fulham and his MOTM performance in community shield vs man utd

RaMi

Day of Mourning !!! Bye Pascal forever in our hearts you were the best left footed central defender that Wenger ever played on the left wing!!

omega man

Personally i think we conned Villareal for 2 mil! All the same i hope he does well and as said above he was a good professional.

non flying dutchman

Good luck pascal zinedine cygan..

You will be missed....honest

I personally think the spanish league will suit him down to the ground with the slower pace and lack of physical nature, he was awesome in the french league and his best performances for us were in europe so I think villareal have got a good player for 2 million.

I don't think he would have even made one appearence this season, as djourou has overtaken him in the pecking order and senderos is ahead of the both of them, so he'd moved from 4th to 5th choice, and with the emergence of connolly it was the right time I think.

mjp81

Farewell Pascal.

You were pretty crap, but no one can deny your professionalism and willingness to get on with your job without complaining.

I'll never forget the two goals against Fulham - the only time I've heard an Arsenal goal at Highbury celebrated with laughter.

Adios and good luck!

Rohit

Established Member
Good,i won't shudder now as i did every time the ball came close to him.

But i just loved him in a way,never been to a game but i can hazard a guess he did get a few jeers for basically being selected by Wenger.

I liked him in way.

cesc18

good luck pascal
this has to be the transfer coup of the off season even ahead of west ham 2m for cygan

always liked his proffesionalism
in a wierd way i d miss zinedine :lol:

scruzgooner

choi12911 said:
scruzgooner said:
moose_87 said:

Just saw the replay on TV when we got thrashed by Man Utd in 2005 at Highbury. Cygan was f****g awful. Yes, he is THAT bad. I'm happy we offloaded him for 2 million pounds. On the other hand, he had a great attitude and never complained.
i saw that last night, too. ugh. that said, cole wasn't exactly a wonder to behold, either.

Fredrock

I could never fathom the stick he got from some of the fans on this forum. I know he wasn't the most skillful player we've seen, :D , but he never complained about not playing or being played out of position (unlike an other player which sets this forum alight with his signing), he always gave his best, and he was never that crap. A model professional, good luck Pascal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom