• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pascal Cygan (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame24

Established Member
man when i was watching that 04 team against inter i missed it so much

we were so ****ing good

pires, ljungberg, henry, campbell, cole, dennis, wiltord, kanu, keown, toure, vieira

hopefuly the new batch makes me feel the same.

i just dont see arsenal yet when i see most of our players, when that happens we will be back.

cygan cost us a lot but he didnt moan and seemed like a nice guy.

cloista

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we actually make a profit on Pascal, originally cost us just £1million if memory serves.

Cult Hero definitely.

IBL

Established Member
Farewell you 50p-headed Star Trek Zinedine Cygan cult legend!

OK he wasnt that good but what a model pro, never complained, did his best everytime he played, kept the other players around him on their toes -- and we got 2mil for him somehow! Good luck to him in Spain, break that whining little gits legs.

Great tribute video by the way, there wasnt even any need to show any of the clips in slow motion :D

JazzG

Established Member
Always did a good job for us in the CL but in the PL he got caught out due to his lack of pace, he will do very well in Spain and I wish him all the best. Never complained and got on with the job, gained a very unfair repuation but didn't do that bad.

Good luck Pascal!

gunnerturk

Good bye and good luck monsieur Cygan. Your football quality was not up to Arsenal level but your commitment, personality and professionalism was well worth every penny.

cassius

i think people remember his errors more than the good things he did for the club...which is a shame...in total honesty - he was nowhere near as bad as people made out

i have no doubt he will thrive in the continental game where he is more suited - he didnt win french player of the year for nothing...

he kept his head up and never complained about playing out of position and always played the role of a team player to a tee

all the best

Taozhe

Great team player who I was actually not happy to see leave. He'll be a backup player missed. Gives his all in the pitch even when touted as a backup and emergency utility man.

Best of luck to him.

jaguars4ever

mjp81 said:
Farewell Pascal.

You were pretty crap, but no one can deny your professionalism and willingness to get on with your job without complaining.

I'll never forget the two goals against Fulham - the only time I've heard an Arsenal goal at Highbury celebrated with laughter.

Adios and good luck!
Serioulsy? I can't remember celebration, but did the Higbury Faithful actually laugh? :lol:

arifkeshavjee

I just wanted to share something funny with you. I am in Istanbul at the moment, and on the 31st August, 2 of the football dailies had Cygan on the front cover saying he would move to Besiktas!! Just goes to show he might be appreciated elsewhere (and also shows that newspapers write crap all over the world, not just in England).

2requiem

this is a bit shady, but i must say, when i heard cygan was sold on that fantastic day, that' when i knew our summer was gonna be a good one!!

junialum

Cygan is a great defender. Frankly speaking. No ****. He just wasn't cut out for the English game. He was French defender of the year when he came over.

Gurgen

Established Member
French Player of the Year in Ligue 2 that is...

Steve Sidwell was Player of the Year in the Championship last season, doesn't mean he's good enough for Arsenal.

cassius

Gurgen said:
French Player of the Year in Ligue 2 that is...

Steve Sidwell was Player of the Year in the Championship last season, doesn't mean he's good enough for Arsenal.

no - it was ligue 1 actually

i think he won because he was a big reason that lille finished in a champions league spot - and you cant get CL places in the second division...

wowwow.

i cannot beleive what i am reading, while i agree when somebody leaves the club in otherwise good terms unlike cole there is a need to eulogize him but common people. Say thank you cygan and leave it at that, but to say we will miss him or "Cygan is a great defender." or this "Great team player who I was actually not happy to see leave. He'll be a backup player missed" is blinkered to say the least, he was crap there is no other way of putting it, i am talking gus ceaser crap, steady eddie Mc'gdrd crap, he was so **** i am willing to bet he cost us more points pro rata then any other player in arsenal's history and thats why Arsène wenger got rid of him, cause even djourou who before this season played a handful of games jumped in front of cygan, he was crap and there is just no other way to spin this thing, but that dose not stop me from wishing you pascal all the best, ronaldinho must be having nighmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom