• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Kluivert

Status
Not open for further replies.

eikaz

if kluivert and reyes come to the squad..epl title is in our hand..make a bid to kluivert..don't to concatrate to bring angel in highbury.. :D

Gunner4life09

Kluivert and Henry will make all the other PL strike force look like Division 2. plus wif pires and freddie down the flanks we'll be best. wait we already are.

Sammer

Established Member
True, if Kluivert has the right attitude.

He is a known trouble-maker, plus he has a reputation for being a lazy-ass money hunter with a questionable character.

Arsène will have to straighten him out.

Arjan

Sammer said:
True, if Kluivert has the right attitude.

He is a known trouble-maker, plus he has a reputation for being a lazy-ass money hunter with a questionable character.

Arsène will have to straighten him out.

Sammer, it is easier to remember bad things then it is to remember good things.

You are right, but he arguably is one of the best and proven strikers in the world, for less then 20% of what we paid for Francis Jeffers :roll:

Sammer

Established Member
I agree with you Arjan that his capability is top-class, no doubt.

In fact, I personally remember him scoring brilliantly against Germany the last time we played the Netherlands (and lost 0-3 :evil: ).

But I am just questioning, if he has the right character to be a Gooner.
Sure, if he just leaves the money-hunting-diva attitude aside, I would love to see him play next to Titi.

But he has that other side to him. So it will have to be a "minimized-risk"-deal for Arsène if he signs him.

Arjan

I think he is like a cat in a cage in Barcelona, he needs the freedom, he needs a change of envirnoment.
It will bring out the best in him. And the whole of Arsenal for that matter.
He'll have lots of media attention, which means quieter weeks for the rest of the squad, opponents fear him, more space for our wingers and titi. He is strong and he great header, two things that opponents do not expect of arsenal forwards.

Sammer

Established Member
How old is he anyways?

Maybe playing for a well-managed club like Arsenal will settle things with Kluivert.

Arjan

is he 26? He is born on exactly the same date as Van Nistlerooy,
but I don't know his age either :wink:

lewdikris

Established Member
Odd innit - he's 8 months older than Titi, yet he's been around forever, whereas Titi's only recently stepped up to the absolute world class level Kluivert seemed to step down from 3-4 years ago.

He is SOO talented. But Wenger will only go for him if he thinks he can sort him out mentally.

If anyone can though, Le Boss can. Kluivert needs a man manager of real skill ... Wenger is the best man manager in the world, no question.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
TBH I don't think Wenger's interested in Kluivert. I think Reyes, Angel, Smith, Defoe and especially Eto'o are more likely targets.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
one very tired mod. here but just on sky news about whats in the paper.
we signed him or rather signed pre agreement sorry im very tired and only half listerning
son and hubby just returned from the game

JazzG

Established Member
She is saying some papers are reporting he has signed a pre-contract agreement with us. That is odd, I didn't you could sign one when your contract doesn't expire soon.......

goonerlove

Well.. the legalese is probably questionable in that situation. I suppose it is possible for someone to sign a "letter of intent" for once a contract is complete, but I have no idea how it works in the EPL.

I doubt that there is anything to that anyways...

Goonerlove

Archie The Leper

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.98fm.ie/news/sport/sport_details.asp?story_id=97342" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.98fm.ie/news/sport/sport_det ... y_id=97342</a>

Don't know how much truth there is in this but the money seems about right

just the link please

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Re: We sign Kluivert (apparently)

Archie The Leper said:
http://www.98fm.ie/news/sport/sport_details.asp?story_id=9

BTW Archie, where are those jokes from in your signature? They are very funny

just the link please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom