• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Kluivert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammer

Established Member
That´s exactly what I was trying to say.

Arsenal is not ManU or Chelski. Team spirit is one of our most important assets. Wenger will NOT put our current spirit at risk by paying Kluivert 100 grand/week.

namliam

I`m not sure how much Henry Pires and Vieira earns, but if Kluivert earns significantly more, it would be an open invitation for internal strife. Not only is Arsenal a team where team spirit is important, Pires Vieira and Henry all thrive on being the 'main men' and in all fairness to Kluivert, he is no comparison to Henry at the moment. If he earns more, I wonder what that would do to Henry's overall attitude. I really hope Kluivert just dosent come.

Sammer

Established Member
Trust me, he won´t - at least not under the bogus conditions we were just talking about. 100 grand/week = complete bollocks. For Titi maybe, but not kluivert.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
kluivert- You beat me to that! I also have big respect for Balague, he seems to know what's going on and rarely sensationalises (IMHO), so if he's saying it, it must be pretty damn near to a done deal

Can I also point out that a certain S. Campbell, whilst being far from the most talented player in the side, is the main man when it comes to wages- due to the manner of his signing. I don't think Thierry and Paddy would cry about Kluivert's proposed wages, as they earn more than enough and would respect the fact that Kluivert has been signed to help the side.
Moreover, does anyone really believe Arsenal would pay that much to someone?

JazzG

Established Member
Campbell isn't our highest paid player, in his first season he got a nice signing on fee, some papers added that to his year wages and worked out he gets 100k a week.

AFCG7

Established Member
This could be the same as Campbell.. when he signed he was given a nice signing on fee since his transfer was free from Sp**s.. what it worked out to was 100 000 a week if u divided the fee by the time he signed for... doesnt mean his salary is 100,000.
This could be the same with Kluivert..maybe we are giving him a sign-on fee as well..which when calculated,added to his normal salary, could work out to 115000 a week. IN that case i reckon we'll be paying Barca 1.2 and Kluivert somewhere around 2-3 million for a 4 yr or 3 yr deal... so total transfer would be between 4-5 million.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
OneteaminLondon said:
Ahhhhh, right- so how much is he earning, do we know?

At the moment at barcelona he get 100 mill a week. He will get less here, so forget all the doom and gloom regarding Paddy and Titi getting jealous. Sol earns more than the rest and no one hates him.

JazzG

Established Member
OneteaminLondon said:

50k-60k, if we work on 60k a week that means Sol got around £2mill for signing on.

Webdesignlab said:
OneteaminLondon said:

At the moment at barcelona he get 100 mill a week. He will get less here, so forget all the doom and gloom regarding Paddy and Titi getting jealous. Sol earns more than the rest and no one hates him.

100mill a week :shock: No wonder they are in financial trouble! :p

jc8gooner

I may be a bit naive, but I never imagine that the players talk to each other about how much they earn. They probably keep it to themsleves don't they?

A

Anonymous

No way in hell kluvert would get 100k+.

Even though i want him, not for that money. If thats what he is looking for, then chelsea can have him. He can sit with Bogarde on the bench and count his money

Actually i have been thinking, do we need a player who parties all night ?

Kluivert would surely be a player who could strenghten the squard further but this possible wage is unreasonable. It would destroy the whole wage-structure and players who are better than Kluivert is (Henry, Pires, Vieira) wouldn't understand why they get less than he.
I think his quality an the pitch is unquestioned even if the last two seasons he was no longer that good. So I would welcome him at Arsenal but if he demands this wage he can stay where he is now or join Chelsea...

laolu

Kluivert at Arsenal 4 115k a week is ****

I guess we want the creditors to come calling for us like they did for Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom