• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

efurze

The thing that gets me is that Real aren't that good! Why does Pat think a bunch of aging Geriatricos has a better chance of winning the CL than Arsenal who, if Chelsea hadn't beaten them for the first time in 17 tries, would probably have won it last year! Arsenal are young (mostly), close-knit, with top-3-in-the-world players in at least 5 positions, and are getting better!

Real didn't win anything last year, and this year they're a year older not a year better. Arsenal came close to the CL last year and they're definitely better this year. What's Paddy thinking?

A

Anonymous

Vieira is not leaving :D:D:D

Wenger: "I can catagorically say there has been no agreement between us and real, I can't say any more."

not sure if quote is 100% right but thats wot i just read on teletext :D

n_henry

Ok, I'm very late, but I understand that now, Wenger's come out and refuted Arsenal accepting Real's laughable offer?

And he's still confident Paddy will stay?

Vieira, SAY SOMETHING. Heck, even Freddie today immediately rubbished rumours he wanted to leave!

Alexone234

Sorry but had Pat left on a free this summer, his wage would be beyond the realm of the others, he would be on £125k per week minimum. Besides, I know this is against all odd, but I still think he is going to stay.

This whole thing seems too conveluted to be a simple transfer move, speculation, hiccups, rumour and rebuffs. I think that he may be tempted, but in the end the is still hope he will be a gunner next season.

He has done nothing so far, he has said nothing so far, and some of us are willing to turn on Pat after 8 years of service. I would say that there is less integrity in those who are abusing Vieira, than in the actions he is accused of doing.

lee1001

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
is a decision still being made? i think vieira has already made up his mind to leave. the delay is down to disagreements over a transfer fee. if this move eventually falls through and vieira has to stay, any future words of committment to the club will be hard to swallow.

Exactly well said...is there anybody so naïve and stupid that they actually think Vieira is staying??

Within 24 hours of Freddie being linked away from Arsenal he has come out and categoricaly denied any possibility of moving.
As for the excuse that Vieira feels he doesn't need to publicly admit his intentions every year...well that is the biggest crock of **** i have ever heard. Bollocks, he owes to the fans and the club itself to dismiss the rumours and get back to preparing for the start of the season IF he DOES want to stay.
However if he does want to go then I don't completely hate the guy and i still respect him because i am sure he is staying silent to help the club generate as much money for Arsenal FC in the transfer and i will wish him the best on his departure.

Vieira has told the club he wants to leave as we would never sell him willingly. Real and Arsenal are in talks to sell him. FACT...i don't care if nobody has said the exact words but everybody knows this is the case. If it wasn't Real Madrid would have said we don't want him and Arsenal or Vieira or both would have said I/he is not leaving.
Although the newspapers generally do make up their stories. EVERY newspaper in the land has at some point reported Vieira is leaving. And again although we shouldn't believe everything they say, it is obvious that some of them DO have connections with the club or personnel working within who have confirmed it is very likely that Vieira is on his way.

The only point i am willing to except from the people in this forum who think he is staying, is that the deal could fall though and he will end up staying. However if he does stay, to me and im sure to many other arsenal fans it will be clear that he doesn't want to be at the club any more. He will never be the same Vieira we all admire and idolise, just another midfielder in the ranks. As for the captaincy?? I can't see how can possibly remain captain any more.
For these reasons i think it unlikely the deal will fall through as Arsenal won't want to keep a player who is not committed 100%.

Its time to stop kidding yourself fellow gooners, Vieira will be going and we need to start looking to the future. Im sure Wenger already is and will make us even stronger and i am still very excited about the coming season.

CMS

if all the players had left the media said that leaves, there would be no player at arsenal anymore...

lee1001

Established Member
CMS said:
if all the players had left the media said that leaves, there would be no player at arsenal anymore...

I agree, but the fact that this saga has gone one for so long and still no denials form Vieira, Arsenal and Real suggests he is leving.

Alexone234

mind you, if all the players that denied rumours REALLY stayed, each club would be brimming with players. Beckham wasn't leaving, oh, there he goes, Smith wasn't going to United, opps, sorry wrong again.

If there is one thing we are sure of, the media talk crap, in fact, its not that they only talk crap, but they print both rumour and truth which devalues any real journalism.

n_henry

Alexone234 said:
mind you, if all the players that denied rumours REALLY stayed, each club would be brimming with players. Beckham wasn't leaving, oh, there he goes, Smith wasn't going to United, opps, sorry wrong again.

If there is one thing we are sure of, the media talk crap, in fact, its not that they only talk crap, but they print both rumour and truth which devalues any real journalism.

I agree, but surely Vieira's silence since the beginning indicates that he at the very least is considering moving? We know that Arsenal would never sell him unless he himself wanted to go. So, he could end this whole farce by simply saying what he wants to do.

With Beckham last year, he came out and said he wanted to stay with Man U, but the Fergie was willing to sell....

I know that players and managers can't respond to every story that the media reports, but surely this whole fiasco has gone on long enough to warrant at least a comment from Paddy? :? Freddie, even, has come out immediately and refuted rumours he wanted to leave.

lee1001

Established Member
Spike said:
All it takes is a simple quote. Freddie did it today, it only takes 1 minutes! :evil:

Spike...

What happens if Vieria does want to go and he is staying silent to try and force more money out of Real?

Do you think he should still come out and say his intentions then?

I don't, despite the pain of his silence.

Alexone234

Spike said:
All it takes is a simple quote. Freddie did it today, it only takes 1 minutes! :evil:
How do we know Freddie said he is staying? Were these rebuttles not printed in the same rags spreading the rumours in the first place? Maybe the rumours are true and the denial is false? Maybe the denial is to ensure he gets more money when prised away from the club?

I find it funny that we chose to believe what we chose to believe, regardless to fact, truth or anything else.

Has Freddie ignored the rumours, would he now be leaving???

KingReyes

Established Member
Alexone234 said:
Sorry but had Pat left on a free this summer, his wage would be beyond the realm of the others, he would be on £125k per week minimum. Besides, I know this is against all odd, but I still think he is going to stay.

This whole thing seems too conveluted to be a simple transfer move, speculation, hiccups, rumour and rebuffs. I think that he may be tempted, but in the end the is still hope he will be a gunner next season.

He has done nothing so far, he has said nothing so far, and some of us are willing to turn on Pat after 8 years of service. I would say that there is less integrity in those who are abusing Vieira, than in the actions he is accused of doing.

Many on this forum like myself appreciate what Vieira has done for us in the last 8 years. But what I don't appreciate is when his thoughts are somewhere else instead of on Arsenal F.C. Paddy wants to leave, there is nothing wrong with that, players come and go, all I can say is thanks for 8 great years. However if he changes his mind because he can't agree personal terms then I'm afraid thats his problem and not ours. We accepted his decision that he wants to join Real Madrid he has to accept what they have to offer.

I"m sorry but it wouldn't be hard to say "I'm staying" if he really wanted to stay. And if he did, this topic would have ended by now.

KingReyes

Established Member
Alexone234 said:
Spike said:
How do we know Freddie said he is staying? Were these rebuttles not printed in the same rags spreading the rumours in the first place? Maybe the rumours are true and the denial is false? Maybe the denial is to ensure he gets more money when prised away from the club?

I find it funny that we chose to believe what we chose to believe, regardless to fact, truth or anything else.

It was on Arsenal.com. Which by the way is a miracle, is that good enough.

Alexone234

n_henry said:
Alexone234 said:

I agree, but surely Vieira's silence since the beginning indicates that he at the very least is considering moving? We know that Arsenal would never sell him unless he himself wanted to go. So, he could end this whole farce by simply saying what he wants to do.

With Beckham last year, he came out and said he wanted to stay with Man U, but the Fergie was willing to sell....

I know that players and managers can't respond to every story that the media reports, but surely this whole fiasco has gone on long enough to warrant at least a comment from Paddy? :? Freddie, even, has come out immediately and refuted rumours he wanted to leave.

I agree with what you have said, I think that Vieira is STILL considering a move. The reason I am still hopeful is that if he is 50/50, it will be harder for him to actually move clubs being that this is the harder decision. I think an honest answer from Pat is "I don;t know what to do, I love it here but I fancy a move too"
This wouldn't make things better.

can I make a request to the mods. I have, in the face of all contradictor evidence and common sense, clung to the idea that Vieira is staying. If he stays, can I have the final word in this thread before it is locked. :)

n_henry

Alexone234 said:
Spike said:

Well, with Freddie, this site has itself put up a story about him refuting the claims, and there are direct quotes from Freddie. The media don't usually make up quotes. Stories, yes, but quotes, no.

Alexone234

KingReyes said:
Alexone234 said:
Spike said:

just for reference, is this the same Arsenal.com that ran the Vieira signs story having sourced the evidence from the News of the World?

KingReyes

Established Member
Alexone234 said:
KingReyes said:
Alexone234 said:
Spike said:

just for reference, is this the same Arsenal.com that ran the Vieira signs story having sourced the evidence from the News of the World?

Its the arsenal.com which released the statement by Freddy saying he was happy with the fans a few weeks ago, and its the same Freddy Ljungberg who has pleaded for Vieira to stay.

Alexone234

I never thought Freddie was leaving either. If we can get Vieira to run out on Sunday, everyone boos him, he leaves, it would be a self fulfilling prophecy. If Pat runs out, the loudest ever Vieira needs to be voiced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom