• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbbosa

Sol man said:
tbbosa said:
theguvnor said:
He should be ashamed and i hope the highbury fans show him how hurt we are if he ever returns with madrid.

Why are we attacking one of ours?. We are now behaving like the car thieves at Liverpool.
What shall we be saying if by all means Vieira stays?

I think this is a trying time for everyone, the fans, the players and I believe Vieira himself, may be he does not want to go any more!!!
We should just wait and see, instead of attacking our captain, whose name we have sang for so many years...it looks hypocritical IMHO if we are to go on attacking him.

He has not said anything, neither has the Club, why should we believe the toilet paper's (The sun) BS like it were facts on which our lives depend!!!

Lets all be patient, shall we?…. may be this is also a test for how true we are to Arsenal ourselves instead of pointing fingers.
Vieira has not done anything wrong, till an official word is heard from the club or the man himself, that it is a done deal.

Give our captain the benefit of the doubt, at least he deserves 8 years of that !!
I think you are being naive if you honestly think he is going to stay and that he wants to stay. Something tells me that The Sun made up the Freddie story in order to see how the player and the club would react to it(just to confirm that they were right about Paddy all the time). I can guarantee that most tabloids will make a comparison between how the two players have treated being linked away from the club.

Well, if not believing the toilet paper is being naive, then I accept.

But again I don't see the logic of where Freddie refuting the toilet paper's miserable stories , equates to Vieiera's definate leaving because he has not reacted in the same way. I think that is poor way of concluding things.

And by the way as I said, MAYBE he thought of leaving, but has had change of heart, it happens in life. That's why "may be" he has not said anything. It is illogical to conclude things the way you have done Sol man.

Till Vieira lines up for Madrid I will continue believing that he is still our Captain.!!!...that's not being naive but having belief in the team I support.

Alexone234

I agree with the above statements, and as previously stated believe there is still some chance Pat will be with us next season.
I also think that the more we worry about it, the more we will cast bad vibes over the club and team. Say Vieira clicked on football365 and read some of those views.

he would think "well I played here for 8 years, I was going to stay, but now you called me a c-nt, I am going to leave, and play for Real"

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
how can u say vieira has gone beyond salvage?? he has said nothing. that could be a sign of his desire to leave or it could be a sign that he doesnt really give a **** what real want. he is going about his training and is playing his role as captain of Arsenal FC. it could be that he is such a big man that he is ignoring madrid and their attempts to get him. has anyone suggested that he is not himself in training??? no. he is doing his job. this speculation has been fueled by marca, the sun and all other piece of **** and a half media sources. we should believe in our captain. until Arsenal.com tells me that we have parted ways with our captain, i will say nothing to criticize him.

lee1001

Established Member
Alexone234 said:
KingReyes said:
Alexone234 said:
Spike said:
All it takes is a simple quote. Freddie did it today, it only takes 1 minutes! :evil:
How do we know Freddie said he is staying? Were these rebuttles not printed in the same rags spreading the rumours in the first place? Maybe the rumours are true and the denial is false? Maybe the denial is to ensure he gets more money when prised away from the club?

I find it funny that we chose to believe what we chose to believe, regardless to fact, truth or anything else.

Has Freddie ignored the rumours, would he now be leaving???

It was on Arsenal.com. Which by the way is a miracle, is that good enough.
just for reference, is this the same Arsenal.com that ran the Vieira signs story having sourced the evidence from the News of the World?

Alex, do you look over your shoulder when you walk down the road?

Sol man

tbbosa said:
Sol man said:
tbbosa said:
theguvnor said:
He should be ashamed and i hope the highbury fans show him how hurt we are if he ever returns with madrid.

Why are we attacking one of ours?. We are now behaving like the car thieves at Liverpool.
What shall we be saying if by all means Vieira stays?

I think this is a trying time for everyone, the fans, the players and I believe Vieira himself, may be he does not want to go any more!!!
We should just wait and see, instead of attacking our captain, whose name we have sang for so many years...it looks hypocritical IMHO if we are to go on attacking him.

He has not said anything, neither has the Club, why should we believe the toilet paper's (The sun) BS like it were facts on which our lives depend!!!

Lets all be patient, shall we?…. may be this is also a test for how true we are to Arsenal ourselves instead of pointing fingers.
Vieira has not done anything wrong, till an official word is heard from the club or the man himself, that it is a done deal.

Give our captain the benefit of the doubt, at least he deserves 8 years of that !!
I think you are being naive if you honestly think he is going to stay and that he wants to stay. Something tells me that The Sun made up the Freddie story in order to see how the player and the club would react to it(just to confirm that they were right about Paddy all the time). I can guarantee that most tabloids will make a comparison between how the two players have treated being linked away from the club.

Well, if not believing the toilet paper is being naive, then I accept.

But again I don't see the logic of where Freddie refuting the toilet paper's miserable stories , equates to Vieiera's definate leaving because he has not reacted in the same way. I think that is poor way of concluding things.

And by the way as I said, MAYBE he thought of leaving, but has had change of heart, it happens in life. That's why "may be" he has not said anything. It is illogical to conclude things the way you have done Sol man.

Till Vieira lines up for Madrid I will continue believing that he is still our Captain.!!!...that's not being naive but having belief in the team I support.
I don't think its a poor way of concluding things. If a rumour has ran for so long you should know when to stop it from continuing. Why paddy should not react in the same way as Freddie did does not make sense to me(if he wants to stay)what is he trying to prove with his silence.

A

Anonymous

Michel: Xabi Alonso Superior To Vieira
8/5/2004 5:20:00 PM
Real Madrid legend Michel believes the club should sign Real Sociedad's Xabi Alonso, and not Arsenal's Patrick Vieira.
"I don’t think Patrick Vieira would be a good signing for Real Madrid," he said.

"I think the money that is being quoted doesn’t correspond with what the player could offer, either fitness wise or talent wise.

"I would rather Real Madrid sign Xabi Alonso, because Xabi Alonso can do everything.

"Xabi Alonso can do what Patrick Vieira can do and much more, while Vieira can’t do what Xabi Alonso can do."

Maybe it wouldnt be so bad after all if Vieira goes, if this Alonso guy is as good as i've been hearing lately.

However given the choice i'll think i'll take my chances with Vieira, but thats only because i know nothing about Alonso, can anyone enlighten me?

beanz

KingReyes said:
yaskl said:
its makes my blood boil when i read that, you say hypocrisy, i say lies damned lies, man he probebly even said it with a straight face.
Watch the untouchables dvd, they got it from there.
I don't think it counts, if you look closely at the dvd, you can see that he's got his fingers crossed :p

A

Anonymous

tbbosa said:
yaskl said:
Isragooner said:

its makes my blood boil when i read that, you say hypocrisy, i say lies damned lies, man he probebly even said it with a straight face.

Has he said anything contrary to that ever since?

How can you judge someone from his silence?

Silence is a form of admittance, If i were to tell you in front of your bird that i've slept with her and she remains silent, wouldnt you say her silence says everything??? :twisted:

Soler

Established Member
yaskl said:
Michel: Xabi Alonso Superior To Vieira
8/5/2004 5:20:00 PM
Real Madrid legend Michel believes the club should sign Real Sociedad's Xabi Alonso, and not Arsenal's Patrick Vieira.
"I don’t think Patrick Vieira would be a good signing for Real Madrid," he said.

"I think the money that is being quoted doesn’t correspond with what the player could offer, either fitness wise or talent wise.

"I would rather Real Madrid sign Xabi Alonso, because Xabi Alonso can do everything.

"Xabi Alonso can do what Patrick Vieira can do and much more, while Vieira can’t do what Xabi Alonso can do."

FFS. :x :x :x

A

Anonymous

jens im gonna be doing what titi is doing in ur avataar if he does eventually go, which i dont think he will :D

goonerlove

Well you pretty much have to be a damned fool to not think SOMETHING is going on...

Here is my take on the situation:

1) Vieira would like to move on to Real because it will be a change for him and because it allows him to play with Zizou and because he believes it gives him the optimal chance to win the CL (ironically, odds makers put us and RM as even money this coming campaign).

2) Arsenal and Real are negotiating the fee... Arsenal wants more and Real will likely relent - I would guess a fee in the 25-30 million pounds as being agreed. I honestly don't see the negotiations here being the sticking point.

3) Real will then have to negotiate a deal with Paddy. If they stick to their guns and only pay him what he gets now, what will Paddy do? Will he be happy getting paid far less than half of the starting team? This is where I see some potential snags for the deal. Will Paddy's ego (that has taken him to this ridiculous move in the first place) lead him to decline the RM offer unless it is comparable to the Galactico's? The other problem - Vieira probably will want to avoid coming back to Arsenal with his tail between his legs if this doesn't work out, so I see RM having some leverage on this deal.

I still see this as about a 60-70% deal. I fear that Paddy is going to leave.

I think Arsenal will get about 26 million pounds and Paddy will get paid about 90-95% of the other Galacticos at the end of the day. He will sign a 3 or 4 year deal with Real. This will get finalized by the middle of next week and Arsenal will announce the signing of a new player at the same time (Maniche or the Argentine).

Yes, there is still a chance that Paddy will stay... but I really doubt it now. If you deconstruct what AW said - no agreement has been reached.. that is pretty much all he said. To me that means either 2 or 3 of above has not been accomplished yet.

Goonerlove

A

Anonymous

goonerlove said:
Well you pretty much have to be a damned fool to not think SOMETHING is going on...

Here is my take on the situation:

1) Vieira would like to move on to Real because it will be a change for him and because it allows him to play with Zizou and because he believes it gives him the optimal chance to win the CL (ironically, odds makers put us and RM as even money this coming campaign).

2) Arsenal and Real are negotiating the fee... Arsenal wants more and Real will likely relent - I would guess a fee in the 25-30 million pounds as being agreed. I honestly don't see the negotiations here being the sticking point.

3) Real will then have to negotiate a deal with Paddy. If they stick to their guns and only pay him what he gets now, what will Paddy do? Will he be happy getting paid far less than half of the starting team? This is where I see some potential snags for the deal. Will Paddy's ego (that has taken him to this ridiculous move in the first place) lead him to decline the RM offer unless it is comparable to the Galactico's? The other problem - Vieira probably will want to avoid coming back to Arsenal with his tail between his legs if this doesn't work out, so I see RM having some leverage on this deal.

I still see this as about a 60-70% deal. I fear that Paddy is going to leave.

I think Arsenal will get about 26 million pounds and Paddy will get paid about 90-95% of the other Galacticos at the end of the day. He will sign a 3 or 4 year deal with Real. This will get finalized by the middle of next week and Arsenal will announce the signing of a new player at the same time (Maniche or the Argentine).

Yes, there is still a chance that Paddy will stay... but I really doubt it now. If you deconstruct what AW said - no agreement has been reached.. that is pretty much all he said. To me that means either 2 or 3 of above has not been accomplished yet.

Goonerlove

good post.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

This is begining to feel like groundhog day.

Next thing I'll be waking up each morning to the strains of Sonny & Cher...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom