• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Vieira has apparently hit a snag as madrid wont offer him the wages he requires. They have offered him 80k a week but he wants the 120k that zidane and becks get. I have been saying all along it is only about the money. This just supports everything ive been saying. Greedy ****.

Ladygooner

Apologies if this has already been posted somewhere cos I can't keep track of this thread anymore :?

I hear today that Real have said to Arsenal about the 30M that they will not pay more than £23M for Paddy and Arsenal can "take it or leave it".

This makes me laugh - who do Real think they are? They are trying to make out that they are in the stronger position and Arsenal are weak and will give in.

Personally, I hope Arsenal stick to their guns and hold out for the £30M. The bottom line is, no matter what Paddy wants - WE DON'T HAVE TO SELL HIM!! In fact, we don't want to sell him but if Real want him sooooooo much, let's see them put their money where their mouth is! :evil:

AdamT

yep, lets stick him in the reserves for the rest of his contract,as AW says we dont need the money

Aussie

Established Member
I stated earlier that he has crossed the point of no return.

By that i mean it would be extremley hard for him to return and begin playing at Highbury again cause he has shown that he aint worthy of the captains armband.

What do you think?

tbbosa

Aussie said:

By that i mean it would be extremley hard for him to return and begin playing at Highbury again cause he has shown that he aint worthy of the captains armband.

What do you think?

I think you are speaking bollocks buddy.......How do you make the measurements of these points of no return?, why not wait for the official communication, if he has had change of heart (that is if he even ever thought of leaving), then he desrves a chance as captain of our club!!!
....point of no return my d**k!!! :( :(

_scorpion_

Established Member
tbbosa said:
Aussie said:

What do you think?

I think you are speaking bollocks buddy.......How do you make the measurements of these points of no return?, why not wait for the official communication, if he has had change of heart (that is if he even ever thought of leaving), then he desrves a chance as captain of our club!!!
....point of no return my d**k!!! :( :(

Latest I heard from the rumor mill ( and believe me there are plenty) is that Madrid want Viera, but if they can't agree a fee with Arsenal, they will chase Totti or Cassano.....now this makes absolutley no sense as both those players are attackers....

Anyway, I still believe Viera is leaving.

As for the 'point of no return'.....that's questionable....he hasnt made an offical comment....but as I said earlier, his actions are speaking larger than words at the moment if you are to believe that he has 'packed his locker' and 'put his house on the market for sale.'

I keep thinking that while i wish he stayed, we will be better off when he leaves....i have a feeling that our squad needed a 'freshen up' and if we struggle a little bit this year, we will be stronger next year for sure.

Lets face it....with the same squad last season we achived an unbeaten season, but got no further in the champions league...which is probably the best we could have helped for when you consider how pathetically we played in the knock out stages to JUST scrape through....this has to be the most dominant factor on Viera'a mind....he must be thinking to himself.....we spilled the best chance ever of winning the champions league....and on paper we had what most people considered to be, the most impressive unit... we had every team running scared to avoid us (including Real).... yet we whimped out against a team we had beaten 4 times before in the same season!!!! DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE HIS PASSION FOR THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE! He wants it bad!....If you go back to the interviews and quotes he made after that loss to Chelsea...underneath his clam exterior he was gutted....you could tell from the look on his face....he was filthy with the team and I believe this was the point that's led to this whole saga today.

Don't be silly to believe that our quarter final showing was a good result....it was very poor when you consider the fact that we had an easy run to the final. We had one decent match...5 - 1 against an Inter side that were sh*t in reality. This must have frustrated the crap out of him.....it frustrated me and I don't even play for the side!

Onto the future and personally, I don't think Wenger will opt for a very young replacement....this is why Baraja is an attractive option...however, if we can grab both Baraja and Xabi, I think we would have done well out of this. We would have set up the foundations for a future midfeild that could boat Reyes, Cesc and Xabi, once Baraja moves on.....while in the meantime, Baraja will offer enough experience albeit not quite at Vier'a level.

Roscinsky is another young option instead of Xabi, if we want a more attacking midfeild. I just hope we don't go for Maniche....it reaks of the Gilberto transfer, where Wenger bought the player on the back of a successful championship.....I've grown to like Gilberto for the job he does for the team....but anyone can see his role is strictly defined and we need someone to partner him that can defend and attack , as well as being able to hold the ball and settle.....Gilberto tends to act as a wall just in front of the defence.

My preferance would be for ballack to join our team...above everyone else and dare I say it...I'd take Ballack even over Viera!! I have always maintained this!!! Mainly because of the fact he can play in europe a hell of a lot better.

Sure, we might not dominate the english premiership as we have in the past, but with Ballack, we could win the EPL, but we give ourselves a BIGGER chance of winning the Champions League.

These are my random ramblings for the day.....

Sammer

Established Member
theguvnor said:
Vieira has apparently hit a snag as madrid wont offer him the wages he requires. They have offered him 80k a week but he wants the 120k that zidane and becks get. I have been saying all along it is only about the money. This just supports everything ive been saying. Greedy c**t.

I agree with you on this, guvnor.

It´s a money-issue, that most of us cannot relate to. But let´s be honest: there is a wide gap between the commitment of fans and the commitment of players.

Why else would he want to leave? Real treats players (e.g. Makelele) like ****, they probably wont play the CL - and even if they do they won´t win it - and he is leaving the best club in Europe with the best manager, best training ground and the most exciting league in Europe.

It is about money.

KingReyes

Established Member
quattro said:
Ladygooner said:
Apologies if this has already been posted somewhere cos I can't keep track of this thread anymore :?

I hear today that Real have said to Arsenal about the 30M that they will not pay more than £23M for Paddy and Arsenal can "take it or leave it".

Real doesn't want to give us more money

cheap b*stards.

If thats the case, then they are hoping that Vieira comes out publicly with his desire to join Real Madrid. Thats if he wants to leave all the latest signs indicate this but on my side I am making assumptions and preparing for the worse.

I still don't understand whats going on, before all this Vieira looked like a really committed man, in june publicly stating he will be with us next year, dissapointed at the treatment of that **** Makelele and signing a four year deal last year. All this points to that Vieira is going to stay, but its gone too far not to say anything and thats the annoying part. Yes, he's said it before but with Real making their interest public and also their bid public if he came out and said "I'm staying" this would be over.

Andrew

Surely Real can dish out another 5-10 million for him. They've been pulling money out of there arses over the years I don't see what's stopping them this year.

Sammer

Established Member
Good thing is, that he just signed a new contract last year- which means that Reals position is weak.

I have complete faith in Wenger/Dein doing the right thing - either he stays (which is good) - or he leaves and we will get a ****load of cash for him.

I just whish this saga would be over with soon.

Chips&CurrySauce

I agree Sammer. I'm just totally fed up with all the speculation now. If he is going to go I just wish it would happen sooner rather than later. We can't go into the new season with this situation outstanding. We need to find a suitable replacement and move on.

A

Anonymous

theguvnor said:
Vieira has apparently hit a snag as madrid wont offer him the wages he requires. They have offered him 80k a week but he wants the 120k that zidane and becks get. I have been saying all along it is only about the money. This just supports everything ive been saying. Greedy c**t.

since u dont konw him personally how can u call him a greedy ****???
were u with vieira when they were supposedly negotiating his wages??
no so until u konw vieira on a persoanl level u have no right to call him a greedy ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom