• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Established Member
Well he's just saying the same as before. Sticking to his word, so that's quite encouraging I guess.

Henry's Girl

I believe in Wenger (paddy is staying), He said its their opinion that paddy wants to leave (well the tosser that said so)

And the man can handle the press ;D

Alexone234

I have felt he would stay all along, so come the end of this I will either have been rewarded for blind faith or have had my innocence finally broken, start following black magic and paganism, hold black masses and debauched parties (gooner girlies invited)

Sol man

Mark said:
I can't make up my mind. Sometimes I am convinced he is going and sometimes I am convinced he is staying. It comes and goes. I sometimes change my mind several times in just one day. As I type this I believe he will be leaving. Not sure why, I'm just in a negative mood. My mind could change any minute.
Totally agree with you.

Alexone234

Wengers words today were stronger than every, stating that Vieira want to fight for the club and will, in him opinion, stay.

Plus the comments on Carrick too.

Maybe Wenger said to the Sun "you're making me anger. you won't like me when I'm angry"

Militant Wenger is a characted I like.

Henry's Girl

Maybe Wenger said to the Sun "you're making me anger. you won't like me when I'm angry"
lol

I like the way he said to the guy..u just said 2 things...first was ur opinion aand 2nd a question ;D

the guy said... "Vieira wants to leave the club, does he want to leave?"

Alexone234

Take no prisoners. F-ck portsmouth if we want Carrick, get him, F-ck Real, we don't want your cash, it about time we really pulled ranks and started to muscle people about a bit.

Besides we are the super gunners.

dee

Militant Wenger is a characted I like.

And its abt time too.l really think we should ban some newspapers at the club like fungus did maybe that will teach them not disrespect our club ,the fans ,the manager and the players.

lee1001

Established Member
Fellow gooners....

I just listened to the Arsenal Plus interview with Wenger and here is what was said about Vieira. I am trying to be as close to word for word as possible because i don't trust the media to tell the story with clarity, but of course i am editing the repetitive parts out.
Here are the questions and answers without any prejudice or exageration.

Enjoy!!

Q. Sorry to start this way, but can you tell us where the future of your captain lies?
A: At Arsenal.
Q. No more said about this now?
A. What else can you say? (big Wenger grin)
Q. Well The papers have been trying to say all sorts of things.
A. Yes they try well, i must say. (bigger Wenger gin)
but eeeerrrr (you know Wenger's frenchesque err) its important we get everybody back together, because we have been disturbed a lot in our preperation because of the injuries of the euro 2004 players we have lost some experienced players The experienced players that came back from Euro 2004 Sol Campbell, Thierry Henry and Patrick Vieira are out, for me we look a little bit thin having lost Parlour, Wiltord and Kanu, experience wise, thats 6-7 players who are not there any more and its important for us to get them back, to get Vieira, Campbell and Henry back into training to face the challenge we have in front of us in a united way. I have to say the media do not help us, we are used to dealing with that and we can do that, but the injuries are more difficult.

Q. If patrick does not want to play for the club, does he really have a future here?
A. Patrick has always wanted to play for the club, and he is one of the historic players in this club who has more shown more than many, many others he wants to fight for the club in every game and does he stay? What i believe, he will and fight for the club like he has always done. He is a fighter, he has contributed a lot to the success of the club

Q: Yes he has been a great servant as you say, but he does want to go to Real Madrid! Can he (can't hear what the rest of the question was)
A. You have two statements in there, one is your opinion, and just behind that you have a question, so...(journalist interrupts)
Q. Has he had talks with Real Madrid?
A. NO! (almost a shout but not quite, id have **** my pants if he had said that to me, and people say he doesn't shout, well guys i sincerely doubt that claim now) no! (slightly quieter, but VERY firm, )
Q. You don't have to convicne him to stay then?
A. No (again very firm, he's the boss all right!!), i do not want to convince him, i want him to stay because HE is convicne he wants to be part of the club, what we want to achieve together. He has played a big part in the success of the club already, i want him to stay a part of the club.
Q. Are you suggesting all the speculation is based on nothing?
A. No certainly not because there is desire from another club to take him there, thats one thing, many clubs want our players but on the other hand we have contracts with the players and we want to keep them.
Q How unsettling has the whole situation been Arsène?
A. It is unsettling for the players and for the team, i cannot deny that, but as well we want to face that like we have always done on the united front, with our togetherness will be needed as it is not easy at the moment because nobody speaks about our future, what we want to achieve and how good a team we are, but you look at the newspapers and everybody wants to walk away from the club and you see on a daily basis with the players its a completely different feeling. But it is disruptive.

Q. Tell us about the things you want to tell us about, rather than the things we ask you about.
A. We have just come out of a historical season because what we have achieved has never been done. I consider that it has never been done and we want to build from there and become a better team and that means every one of us has to become better, me my coaching staff, the players and to show the same kind of football and be even more successful. And that just doesnt come because you appear here and there and go out on the pitch, we are ready to pay the price for it, that means work everyday hard, be more focused, be more together, play better football and thats why i say it is disruptive because what appears in the newspaper doesn't help us get better.

Other stuff in the interview....

Journalist the goes on about Arsenal not spending money and Chelsea spend lots and they are the favourites with the bookies. Then Wenger comes out with another classic....

"There is one truth, what happens on the pitch and there we still have a word to say"

Q Any more targets out there?
A. Yes i always want to strengthen the team and the squad with experienced players, but at the moment nothing definite, nobody really concretely has been signed for the club.

So guys looks like we can expect more players in regardless of wether Vieira stays or not. Thats good news right?? ;D

Wenger also said he thought Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle AND Middlesborough were contenders for the title.

OK, thats about it...do i get any special prize for this post, mods??

Henry's Girl

Alexone234 said:
Take no prisoners. F-ck portsmouth if we want Carrick, get him, F-ck Real, we don't want your cash, it about time we really pulled ranks and started to muscle people about a bit.

Besides we are the super gunners.
you lead the troops and I'll back u up :D

dee

l have just heard two interviews given by Arsène on bbc radio.in the first he sounded relaxed and absolutely bullish and he stated point blank that pv4 is not going .the reporter said he looked very confident this interview took place on the corridor but his tone suddenly changed when reached the room with the media,he was louder and sounded as if he was angry.

l think he is getting tired of some the press people.the bbc reporter said he was suprised by this change.l think he should ban some of them seriously until they clean up their act esp the sun . :evil:

KingReyes

Established Member
Lee1001, thanks mate. Much appreciated! the best part of that Interview was
Q. You don't have to convicne him to stay then?
A. No (again very firm, he's the boss all right!!), i do not want to convince him, i want him to stay because HE is convicne he wants to be part of the club, what we want to achieve together. He has played a big part in the success of the club already, i want him to stay a part of the club.

Thats perfect right there, all this bollocks of Henry and Co. begging him to stay. If he needs convincing then he shouldn't stay but Wenger says he is convinced Patrick DOES want to stay. Thats great news, hopefully it remains te case. I'll take the mangers word.

BUT I was wondering if during this press conference if any of them were smart enough to ask this..

Q:When is Patrick going to come out publicly and confirm his committment to Arsenal F.C.??

This is when my doubts come back!

dee

To see how much the press biased we will see wat the papers will say tomorrow. l believe they will twist this and maybe have negative headline.

Ohh by the way Arsène offered to read the media a letter from madrid denying any contact with patrick ,this letter is said to be from perez the madrid president. it is not as clear cut as some people on here were believing it is and as the press were making it out to be.remember pat was supposedly a madrid player on tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom