• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick42uk

Established Member
tony adams reckons arsenal can win the cl without vieira. he says no player is bigger than the club. the club is built on stability would be able to survive the loss of a player like vieira. paul merson should take note. he says also that the obvious choice for captaincy is sol campbell.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
tony adams reckons arsenal can win the cl without vieira. he says no player is bigger than the club. the club is built on stability would be able to survive the loss of a player like vieira. paul merson should take note. he says also that the obvious choice for captaincy is sol campbell.

I was extreemly annoyed with Kanu's comments about vieira leaving - he said it would be very hard for us to regain the title. A couple of other people have said the same thing - but thankfully razor and tony have both come out and reminded everyone that no player is bigger than the club.

Alexone234

Kanu is a reject
Kanu is a reject
la la la la
la la la la

Anyway, I have maintained, through out, that Vieira will stay. regardless of the near overwhelming evidence, I have stuck to my guns, and I hope that if Pat stays, I get to have the final word on this mamouth post

JazzG

Established Member
http://sport.independent.co.uk/football ... ory=548726

Has anyone read this article? Very interesting and very well written imo, one part of the article really stood out for me

he should not delude himself on one point. The great challenge of his career was never in adding to the glory of the most successful club in European football. It was in finishing the job at Arsenal, the club he has helped to within touching distance of the stars. That was the chance he had as he moved into the prime of his career and said, in the way of football, how much he loved Arsenal.

Wenger is keeping his deepest thoughts to himself as he attempts to fill the void left by his greatest player, and most rounded piece of work. Maniche Ribeiro, the fine Portuguese player, is thought to be the coach's prime candidate, but you know it will not be quite the same. Everyone knows the ability of Maniche. For quite a long time, Vieira's was Wenger's most dazzling secret. Deep down, you know he must feel betrayed.

If Vieira does leave (I still don't think he will) that last sentance won't apply only to Wenger but to every true fan.

Alexone234

good article bar the fact that Vieira is staying at Highbury, Wengers greatest work will not be the season whereby the untouchables were born, but in fact the secret work when he persuaded the best DCM in the world, that Arsenal, a resonable size club in north london, was a bigger trophy than playing for Real Madrid, the Marketeers dream.

It is this work that will keep Vieira and it is the heart and soul that Pat feels would be missing if he goes to the money machine in spain

Alexone234

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 77,00.html

Wenger is such a clever git.

Wenger "Patrick is still here regardless of all the reports, and I believe he will still be here next week and the week after that"
Press "so that means he will be here for only three weeks"
Wenger"and that takes us to the end of the transfer deadline"

Wenger, not only is he smart, but I feel embarrassed that my intellect could not match his by mile. He is the Steven Hawkins of football without the wheel chair or talking console.

quattro

Wenger "Patrick is still here regardless of all the reports, and I believe he will still be here next week and the week after that"
Press "so that means he will be here for only three weeks"
Wenger"and that takes us to the end of the transfer deadline"
brilliant. ;D

Gregwin04

the best thing about the artical in the times is the quote at the begining which has

tiresome Vieira charade rolls on

that said it all. we arsenal fans and evreyone else are bored with this now.. its time to put the whole subject to bed.. atleast till next summer

Sigun

This is pure Wenger Pychcology.......Intriguing

I love it..... the interviwer was shown up, Wenger technically proved that the press mix words and influence opinions out of nothing.

Q: Yes he has been a great servant as you say, but he does want to go to Real Madrid! Can he (can't hear what the rest of the question was)
A. You have two statements in there, one is your opinion, and just behind that you have a question, so...(journalist interrupts)

I dont mean to be negative, but dosent wenger contridict himself here?

Q. You don't have to convicne him to stay then?
A. No (again very firm, he's the boss all right!!), i do not want to convince him, i want him to stay

from wengers comments i have come up with the two situations possible.

:Vieira is certainly interested about Real Madrid but is undecided, Wenger and dien is trying to convince him to stay, this is still on-going.

No2 : Vieira most certainly wants to go to madrid and thats his mission, though the clubs cannot agree transfer fees....on-going.

Eeither way, it looks like his staying, and wenger is really trying to persuade the fans to accept him back.

Can we?

shaz

i reckon it would be hard for him to play in a team he doesnt really wanna play in, if its true about him leaving.

if he really has his heart set on madrid, i think we should just sell him, and get whoever. theres two weeks left till the premiership starts, and with sol and thierry injured anyways, theres no more time left for this kinda bollox.

quattro

can't really know whats in paddy's head, but imo IF he stays he stays for good. its obvious that to him its a big choice and nothing short of a fully committed "no regrets" decision will do because there is no turning back (especially if he decides to step away from arsenal). if he stays, to me that would mean that he's considered his options, carefully weighed their values and found that staying here is the better alternative. if that happens i think he'll even be more committed to us than he ever was because this will mean that he's given up something that obviously occupies his ambition for what he deems is the best solution.

lee1001

Established Member
quattro said:
can't really know whats in paddy's head, but imo IF he stays he stays for good. its obvious that to him its a big choice and nothing short of a fully committed "no regrets" decision will do because there is no turning back (especially if he decides to step away from arsenal). if he stays, to me that would mean that he's considered his options, carefully weighed their values and found that staying here is the better alternative. if that happens i think he'll even be more committed to us than he ever was because this will mean that he's given up something that obviously occupies his ambition for what he deems is the best solution.

Makes a lot of sense Gooner

memyself

Wenger would be an excellent politician. Makes me feel ridiulous about the way I've been feeling and the things I've been saying for the past 3 weeks. He is the ice man - **** with him and he will destroy you with his superiour brainmind. Makes me realise what I've known all along. The only man I would ever be completely distraught at losing is Le Boss.

Eat More Crumpets

DOls

lee1001 said:
Fellow gooners....

I just listened to the Arsenal Plus interview with Wenger and here is what was said about Vieira. I am trying to be as close to word for word as possible because i don't trust the media to tell the story with clarity, but of course i am editing the repetitive parts out.
Here are the questions and answers without any prejudice or exageration.

Enjoy!!

I really did enjoy this. Many, many thanks for tipping it in!
It's always good to have some reassurance from Mr Wenger himself, even though this whole Vieira Saga seems, delicately speaking, ridiculous.

Thanks a lot, Lee1001!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom