• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

calvinngai88

Really nice to see that Wenger came out to clarify any doubt. Nice twist of words and stumble the interviewer!

Quote:
Q. You don't have to convicne him to stay then?
A. No (again very firm, he's the boss all right!!), i do not want to convince him, i want him to stay.

Does it mean if Vieira don't want to stay, and Wenger will sell him? :roll:

A

Anonymous

"Arsenal gunning for Carrick"

Is he any good? he seem to be rather cheap, but what kind of player is he?

Would he be better then Javier Mascherano? Sort of doubt that (allthought i haven't seen any of the play).

Havent seen Carrick for a while. By all accounts hes mustard. A few years ago he was ranked alongside lampard as englands best young talents. Now look where lampard is. If carrick came to us im sure he could be as good. I cant compare him to that argie because i have never seen the argie play.

since u dont konw him personally how can u call him a greedy c**t???
were u with vieira when they were supposedly negotiating his wages??
no so until u konw vieira on a persoanl level u have no right to call him a greedy c**t
exactly my point
i hate how fans turn on the players so easily when not a single thing has been confirmed either by real or arsenal
just shows how fickle some ppl really are

I do confess to not actually knowing paddy personally So all my information is coming from the papers, same as everyone elses here is. This whole 180 page topic is based of pure transfer speculation. I am merely speculating from what i read. If paddy came out and said he is bored with arsenal and wants a new challenge then i would accept his decision. But the fact (says the papers) that he has refused 80K a week from real obviously shows this is ALL a money factor. If he really wanted to leave then he would accept their offer that is already paying him more than he gets at arsenal. Because he has refused it he obviously has let money dominate all reasoning and he is looking to get more. It does not a take a close friend to realise he wants mroe money. And when he already has more money than he could spend in his lifetime it quite plain and simply makes him a GREEDY c**t.
As for being fickle Following arsenal for 28 years through sun, rain, wind, storms, hale, loss after loss, poor performances and many embarressments obviously makes me very fickle eh I am not being fickle, it is called being pissed off. Pissed off at someone who we have adored for 8 years who believes he is bigger than the club itself. Had he had any respect for the club or the fans he would of come out by now and stated his situation - as freddie did after 5 hours.
I agree with AUSSIE he may have crossed a point, he has shown us he wants to leave us and if it falls through how should we feel about him knowing he doesnt want to be with us and knowing he will leave next season anyway? Do we sing his name and start licking his arse again or do we wake up and realise this ****ers playing with us and dont really seem to care how we feel. I certainly wont sing his name again, and i really dont think he deserves the captaincy any longer. If he dont leave this year, he DEFINATELY will next year for half the price.

Anyone know what that argie is like by the way?

chris66

Guvnor - calm down for Christ sake. There is obviously something going on, but your reacting to the mountains of paper talk - 95% of which is complete fantasy. it's pretty clear Vieira is considering his options - it doesn't make him jack the Ripper. He's an employee of Arsenal, he has a contract for 3 more years - if we don't get the money we want for him he will go nowhere. Dein isn't going to get pushed around on this one. I defy anyone to show me when patrick Vieira could step on a football pitch and not give 100%. If he is here he will give his all or he will be replaced - he knows this.

He's hasn't done an Anelka and come out and slagged the club. He has kept quiet and let things work out as they will. If he stays and Arsène believes in him enough to be in the team and even more so, captain, then we need to trust Arsène and get behind the player.

I know to some of us this club represents a massive amount in our lives. We took all the **** of "boring Arsenal" going through school, the backhanded pleasure of George Grahams teams and every thing else. but Vieira grew up in Senegal FFS - how can it mean the same to him! I have no doubt he loves Arsenal, but he can never love them like we do.

Don't forget Tony Adams admits in his autobiography that he seriously considered joining Man Utd at one point in his career at the club - but he stayed and became a legend. The only difference is that we never heard as much about that at the time. If Vieira stays, those of us who love this club put this **** behind us and get behind him. If he goes, I for one won't forget what a great player he was for us and look forward to playing Madrid of the park when we play them in Europe.

I watched the press conference last night, Arsène handled teh press very very well, the man is a genius!
Like someone else said i would also be devastated if Le Boss went, but i dont think we have any worries of him departing in the near future, he's determined to see us move to Ashburton Grove, thank christ!

as for Viera again i know this is The Sun but still............. :wink:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2004361904,00.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2004361794,00.html

AdamT

then its obviously time to upgrade to a brand new topic which could possibly hold up to 60,000.

this would give us the gate money required to match other forums such as manchester and chelsea. 8)

voomboom

but it doesnt matter how many people can view the thread if it doesnt have the best members in it.

After all, no one wants to become like ajax with a big forum and average members.....

A

Anonymous

At least this forum gets its members properly and doesnt splash out hundreds of millions trying to buy good members and attempting to make it the best forum there is, unlike a certain west london based forum :wink:

Soler

Established Member
dude said:
I think vieira has one more season at best left in him, lets remember he's 32!!! Anyone see the copa america edu was on fire he can more than replace our current captain!

He's 28 you fool.

Soler

Established Member
If he is born in June of 1976, how would he be 32? Or have we suddenly jumped four years into the future while I was off taking a piss?

Soler

Established Member
Having just consulted my calender, I've discovered it still is in fact August 2004. Therefore, Patrick Vieira is 28 years old!

Woah! :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom