• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammer

Established Member
Alexone234 said:
I still think he'll stay

I don´t, but I´d be glad if he did :D

Let´s be honest, the whole concept of our squad needs a Viera at this stage and we won´t get an adequate replacement (if there is).

Yes, we can beat ManU without him, but he is the key person that wins those midfield battles in the 2nd half of the season when everyone is tired and when we are under pressure.

Andrew

I've got more of a feeling he might stay. He obviously is putting a lot of thought into the decision. And I think the more thought he puts in, the more he will realise that Arsenal is the place for him.

But either way I CAN'T WAIT until all this crap is over. What ever way it ends I couldn't care less anymore... I just want it to end.

Sonic Youth

i want him to leave

- we've got fabregas, edu, gilberto and flamini to play in his position
- we can always use 25m
- we shouldn't keep players without passion for the club

rtec1

i want it to end too, all this crap is wearing us arsenal supporters down, your totally sick of hearing about it but at the same time just cannot help yourself reading and discussing the latest news, its like a vicious circle !

tbbosa

Sonic Youth said:
i want him to leave

- we've got fabregas, edu, gilberto and flamini to play in his position
- we can always use 25m
- we shouldn't keep players without passion for the club

I get pissed by people who say such nosense, Cesc is definately good for the future, but his bones are still weak and he can't do what Vieira does.
The whole fact is, We NEED VIEIRA, this BS of " we can survive without Vieira" is laughable.

I hope he stays and I still believe he will, because until Cesc is ready, we need Paddy!!

Edu can't do what Viera does, so is Flamini. There is only one Vieira and we are lucky that he plays for us!!!

Untils he says "adios amigos" he will always be an Arsenal player!!!

Sol man

It may sound cruel but I honestly can't wait for him to be sold. I would love to see what Wenger does with the money.

jc8gooner

If I was Wenger, one of the main things I would be worried about is the fact that both Edu and Gilberto will now be in every Brazilian squad. If Vieira leaves, when Edu and Gilberto go away on international duty, they are bound to miss games due to jetlag. The only remaining central midfielders we would have at our disposal would be Cesc, Flamini and Svard, all of whom are inexperienced at Premiership level. This is a far from ideal situation.

Thus, if Vieira was to leave before Saturday, Wenger would be rushed into buying an adequate and experienced replacement- he would have 2 and a half weeks until the deadline.

In this case, we have become victims of our own success. Our players are now all wanted men- by both other clubs and their respective national teams.

johe

I get pissed by people who say such nosense, Cesc is definately good for the future, but his bones are still weak and he can't do what Vieira does.
The whole fact is, We NEED VIEIRA, this BS of " we can survive without Vieira" is laughable.

I hope he stays and I still believe he will, because until Cesc is ready, we need Paddy!!

Edu can't do what Viera does, so is Flamini. There is only one Vieira and we are lucky that he plays for us!!!

Untils he says "adios amigos" he will always be an Arsenal player!!!

tbbosa, yes, Vieira is propably our most important player (some would say Thierry), but no player is irreplaceable. Yes, we will suffer in the short term, but to be honest we have never, ever in the Wenger years been so able to cope with the loss of our most influential player. If we had lost him last summer, we might have ended up on second or third place perhaps. This year however, Edu has become the player he should have been, Gilberto is his usual important self, and with Cesc, Flamini and possibly one more midfielder, we should be fine, at least in the long term. We could win the PL again without Vieira, he's only one player after all, however important he may be to us.

towelie

are we not making a move at all for xabi alonso??

if vieira had decided by now we wouldn't have to watch liverpool get him right in front of us. that gerrard-alonso combination would be sick...

siddharth

I was watching football focus this evening on ESPNSTAR sports where they obviously were talking about vieira. The host John Dykes asked Paul Masfield about his good friend Jerry Armstrong's ( the one who works as a commentator and pundit for la liga on sky sports) views on this vieira situation. He said that jerry had spoken to him yesterday and that vieira deal was done 2 weeks ago.:shock:

But he also said that vieira was waiting to see if Arsenal came up with something big and special. I don't know what he meant by that but it most probably means that vieira is waiting to see if we sign some big name players. :?

sienna

Jerry Armstrong? He said that Vieira will go off after we won the double in 2002. Just proves how much he knows.

ethanen

siddharth said:
I was watching football focus this evening on ESPNSTAR sports where they obviously were talking about vieira. The host John Dykes asked Paul Masfield about his good friend Jerry Armstrong's ( the one who works as a commentator and pundit for la liga on sky sports) views on this vieira situation. He said that jerry had spoken to him yesterday and that vieira deal was done 2 weeks ago.:shock:

But he also said that vieira was waiting to see if Arsenal came up with something big and special. I don't know what he meant by that but it most probably means that vieira is waiting to see if we sign some big name players. :?
if that is true, vieira is an asshole.
we dont have to prove ourselves to him.
i really dont care anymore if he stays :x

Hopefully we have been looking at replacing Vieira with someone over the past two weeks.

No doubt every player is replacable, its part of the game; I just think we will miss him this season if he leaves given that his replacement will need some time to gel with the team.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
some of you people make me very irritated....

"i cant wait til he's gone" or "i cant wait for him to be sold"..

sorry to single out the 2 quotes i mentioned, but its just a perfect example....

this is just some fleeting thought Paddy has.. this is his CAREER that he needs to decide on.. it is NOT a decision to take lightly... if he decides that he wants to stay at highbury, then we welcome him back with open arms and assume he came to the conclusion that we are a great team that is only getting better....

if he decided to leave, we wish him well and then kick the piss out of Real if we face them this year....

personally, i think we will feel his loss BIG time if he decides to go... he is a BIG part of the squad.. you dont just replace the best player in the world at a certain position with a teenager (Cesc) or an unproven talent (Flamini)... not even with country-mates (Gilberto & Edu).... Paddy has grown to be our LEADER in the past 2 years... not just our CDM or our Captain... he is the LEADER of the team out on the pitch.. that kind of thing isnt just "replaced" very easy... TA6 had it, and Paddy was always being groomed to take over from him, and he has done a fantastic job... we do not have someone who has been being groomed to take over from Paddy because we expect him not to leave yet...

i hope he stays this year and next and the next after that... he always gives 100% on the pitch, no matter what things are said about him or what speculation surrounds him....

deeplennon

Sol man said:
It may sound cruel but I honestly can't wait for him to be sold. I would love to see what Wenger does with the money.

Right now Real apparently want to pay in 4 yearly installments.. so I wouldn't get too excited.

A

Anonymous

USArsenal said:
some of you people make me very irritated....

"i cant wait til he's gone" or "i cant wait for him to be sold"..

sorry to single out the 2 quotes i mentioned, but its just a perfect example....

this is just some fleeting thought Paddy has.. this is his CAREER that he needs to decide on.. it is NOT a decision to take lightly... if he decides that he wants to stay at highbury, then we welcome him back with open arms and assume he came to the conclusion that we are a great team that is only getting better....

if he decided to leave, we wish him well and then kick the piss out of Real if we face them this year....

personally, i think we will feel his loss BIG time if he decides to go... he is a BIG part of the squad.. you dont just replace the best player in the world at a certain position with a teenager (Cesc) or an unproven talent (Flamini)... not even with country-mates (Gilberto & Edu).... Paddy has grown to be our LEADER in the past 2 years... not just our CDM or our Captain... he is the LEADER of the team out on the pitch.. that kind of thing isnt just "replaced" very easy... TA6 had it, and Paddy was always being groomed to take over from him, and he has done a fantastic job... we do not have someone who has been being groomed to take over from Paddy because we expect him not to leave yet...

i hope he stays this year and next and the next after that... he always gives 100% on the pitch, no matter what things are said about him or what speculation surrounds him....

Good post, but I find myself agreeing and disagreeing with it at the same time. This whole situation is confusing.

The whole thing has been going on for over a month now im sure. It surely doenst take that long to decide if you want to stay at Arsenal or move to Madrid. I think a week is plenty of time to decide that.

Wenger has given him untill Saturday, which I thought was generous of him. Im sick of this whole saga now and would make the guy make up his mind now, so there is no more damage done to our pre season.

In my opinion and reading between the lines he wants to go. You cant really blame him for that, but if he does Id sell him in a heart beat.

If he ends up staying, im sure he will still give 100% on the pitch, but I wont view him in the same light.

You make good points in favour of not selling Pat, but I think it may not be as bad as many think. Obviously it will hurt us in the short term, but I think in the long run we will benefit.

He is injury prone, no doubting that. His knee problem is only going to get worse as time goes on.

If it is true he wants to go then we would sell.

If we dont, his complacent performances we have seen in recent years will start to happen more often.

If we sell next year, we will get top wack 18/20 mill for him.

We havent looked like winning the CL with Pat in the team. His sale may lead to a different style of play more suited to doing well in Europe.

And best of all there is no man I would like more to have 30 million to spend than Wenger.

But its all ifs buts and maybes. I just hope it is over soon, whatever the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom