• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingReyes

Established Member
Alexone234 said:
I still think he'll stay

I admire your belief Alex, and I do hope you are right. But I think he's off and to be honest if I am right the quicker the better. What I mean by that is the longer this takes the harder its going to hit us. We need to move on and think of a replacement as quickly as possible as this could damage our season. People who think Cesc and Flamini can take us through the season are overreacting and are being unfair to them. Cesc is 17, he shouldn't and Wenger won't give him the responsibility of filling Vieira's boots. Same as Flamini, he might be a long term replacement but not at the present. If I am right and Paddy leaves then we need someone ready made, who I don't know. Thats my opinion but Wenger might have other ideas.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Vieira is irreplaceable. Wenger is a genius but even he can't give us another vieira. We will survive..but its comical when some of u guys rant about we don't need him. We need him..now more than ever actually. He completes our puzzle. All i ask for him is one year. We can win PL without him but our chances of winning the CL are really small without him. I believe last year we had a team capable of winnig the CL without relying too much on LUCK. What we have to remember is guys like bergy, Pires..only have a year or so in top flight. So by the time we find a replacement for Vieira we will be looking for a replacement for Pires, Bergy. Pls just give us ONE YEAR. But if you don't, we still appreciate the wonderful 8 years u gave us and wish you all the best.

johe

Mbaki Mutahaba said:
Vieira is irreplaceable. Wenger is a genius but even he can't give us another vieira. We will survive..but its comical when some of u guys rant about we don't need him. We need him..now more than ever actually. He completes our puzzle. All i ask for him is one year. We can win PL without him but our chances of winning the CL are really small without him. I believe last year we had a team capable of winnig the CL without relying too much on LUCK. What we have to remember is guys like bergy, Pires..only have a year or so in top flight. So by the time we find a replacement for Vieira we will be looking for a replacement for Pires, Bergy. Pls just give us ONE YEAR. But if you don't, we still appreciate the wonderful 8 years u gave us and wish you all the best.

I disagree with most of the things you state here.

- Of course Wenger can give us another Vieira, maybe not at once, but eventually.

- We haven't won the CL with him either, but you have a point in that it will propably be harder without him. Not impossible however if we get an adequate replacement.

- To win the CL you NEED luck. There are few teams who have won it without being lucky.

- Pires propably has at least 2 years left at top level. And sure we have replacements for Bergkamp and Pires. v. Persie, Bentley, Reyes, possibly even Clichy for Pires.

- We shouldn't let one player set the demands. He can't say if we don't win the CL this year, I'm off. That's just way too Real Madrid type of mentality. If Vieira thinks like this then they deserve eachother.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
just like it will take wenger time to groom someone like Viera..it will also take time for the bentleys, persie..to become the bergie, pires. The new generation of arsenal..reyes, clicy,cesc need at least 3 years to become a dominant force while the current arsenal squad(that includes vieira) has 2-3 years left in them. therefore the transition to the new generatioin would be smooth if the current squad players stay put.

I think the dilemna Vieira faces is he knows this is the best shot we have at winning the CL..but if we don't do it in the next 2 years..then he will be 30..and most likely no longer in his peak. So if he stays now..he might as well end his career with us. But if he wants to go..this is the only time he can do it due to the age issue. So its tough choice..let him take his time. Am sure if he stays his commitment will show on the field.

Alexone234

I think he'll stay because Arsenal and Real won't come to an agreement.
I mean, what is the benefit of selling Pat cheaply and then getting the money in four parts? We may as well give him away.

In addition to this, I think Pat will find he wants to be a part of this team, and he will be captain on Saturday

AFCG7

Established Member
Who the fack do Real think we are anyway.. we dont need handouts.. if they want our player give us the damn money in full.. installments?They must be crazy!

slapz

installments are crazy... if they dont have the money, then dont buy. We suffered with Barca I think when we had to wipe out their remaining debt to us for the overmars/petit sale to stop them reporting us for taking that young kid from them this season

deeplennon

slapz said:
installments are crazy... if they dont have the money, then dont buy. We suffered with Barca I think when we had to wipe out their remaining debt to us for the overmars/petit sale to stop them reporting us for taking that young kid from them this season

If you're talking about Cesc it may have been worth it.

The rumour is that the number of installments is one of the sticking points in the Vieira deal, with Real wanting to pay in 4, Arsenal wanting it in 2.

leongsh

Arsène Wenger (and by extension, Arsenal FC) has given Patrick Vieira a deadline to make his decision on whether to stay or leave.

All this yakking on him wanting to leave, deciding to leave, second guessing and psychoanalysing his actions, or more appropriately his inactions, to read his mind and intentions is already quite out-of-hand. All it has done is cause stress, anger, disappointment, accusations, anguish, frustration, etc.

Nothing constructive is being achieved here.

Easy to blame Patrick Vieira, Real Madrid and the press for creating this issue every year and the feeding frenzy arising from it. Do note that it's the fans - us - that are in a frenzy and Real Madrid letting the press do its work with the press feeding on this frenzy. If you choose to be a part of the frenzy, make sure you take part of the blame as you choose to be a willing victim.

Alexone234

leongsh said:
Easy to blame Patrick Vieira, Real Madrid and the press for creating this issue every year and the feeding frenzy arising from it. Do note that it's the fans - us - that are in a frenzy and Real Madrid letting the press do its work with the press feeding on this frenzy. If you choose to be a part of the frenzy, make sure you take part of the blame as you choose to be a willing victim.

if you want to avoid frenzy, follow womens hockey or squash, there ain't no frenzying there.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i am seeing things that i would never expect from gooners. are u guys mad??? you actually wish for the best defensive midfielder in the world and our club captain to leave?? you must be nuts. crazy. delusional. it is a step backward. thats the only way to look at it. i have maintained that i will continue to believe that he is staying since this **** started and i stand by this. he is the dynamo that runs that team. some of you are saying this crap because you saw us rip the mancs to pieces. west ham defend better than united so dont get too encouraged. united are just ****e. thats why we beat them. vieira is still key to the success of arsenal FC. if you are catholic, clutch your rosary, protestant, slap the fck out of your bible, muslim pray till there is no skin on your forehead, atheist, then masturbate more furiously than you usually do because vieira's decision weighs heavily on the coming season and possibly the one after that. if he leaves, i am sad to say, we will probably concede the premiership to chelsea or liverpool. we can do it without him, but that "can" is the same one i used to describe united's chances after they lost rio last season. he is that important to us. our rivals are getting stronger and we cannot afford to drop behind in the race for supremacy. vieira is our best player. for some of you to wish for his departure is crazy. this rant is officially over. i shall now proceed to drink cheap, extremely potent beer and watch the official history of ARSENAL.

himanshu

siddharth said:
I was watching football focus this evening on ESPNSTAR sports where they obviously were talking about vieira. The host John Dykes asked Paul Masfield about his good friend Jerry Armstrong's ( the one who works as a commentator and pundit for la liga on sky sports) views on this vieira situation. He said that jerry had spoken to him yesterday and that vieira deal was done 2 weeks ago.:shock:

But he also said that vieira was waiting to see if Arsenal came up with something big and special. I don't know what he meant by that but it most probably means that vieira is waiting to see if we sign some big name players. :?

dont watch that show anymore
its ****ingcrap ....have lost all my respect for the espnstar guys after the community shield....shebby singh is the biggest **** around!!!dont belive in that ****!

shaz

how can someone sign two weeks ago and still wait around to see if arsenal come up withe goods? :roll:

Aussie

Established Member
I just feel let down by Vieira. This has been going for about a month now and what have we heared? Nothing at all. Myself and others have taken his silence and from what we have heared from Wenger and others as indication that at the moment Vieira isnt fully commited to club and is looking to play with Real Madrid next season. I do feel betrayed as he has been here for 8 years and has been made captain recently of our great club. When he was made captain i thought that meant that he was fully commited to the club and would look to almost play out his days with the club. Then we all heared the speach about how many great players we have and we can achive great things here. That was only a month ago.

chris66

From a negotiation perspective we seem to be backing ourselves in to a bit of a corner. By saying Vieira can leave if he wants we are giving Real all the power. Surely if he wants to go we will only let him leave if we get the money we want - Aren't other teams interested in him (Barca, Juve, AC, Inter) - If he is going then we need to leverage the contract he signed to get us the maximum amount of money - not just touch our toes for Madrid.

DB10

himanshu said:
dont watch that show anymore
its ****ingcrap ....have lost all my respect for the espnstar guys after the community shield....shebby singh is the biggest c**t around!!!dont belive in that s**t!

i ****ing hate that bloke............. him mansfield and that tall prick with glasses are a ****ing joke.

they have absolutely no idea.

still better than those HK losers i have to watch this year........

n_henry

Aussie said:
I just feel let down by Vieira. This has been going for about a month now and what have we heared? Nothing at all. Myself and others have taken his silence and from what we have heared from Wenger and others as indication that at the moment Vieira isnt fully commited to club and is looking to play with Real Madrid next season. I do feel betrayed as he has been here for 8 years and has been made captain recently of our great club. When he was made captain i thought that meant that he was fully commited to the club and would look to almost play out his days with the club. Then we all heared the speach about how many great players we have and we can achive great things here. That was only a month ago.

Word. I just hate how this whole thing's been handled. And up til now, not even a week from the start of the season, we're still left in the dark about a HUGE issue in our squad. If he goes (and I've resigned myself to the fact that he is going), then Wenger's going to have to bring someone (worthy) in VERY quickly. And I don't think that, whoever it is, we can expect immediate results from them... the rest of the boys will really have to pull together more than ever (and Edu and Gilberto will have to step up a couple of gears).

Real apparently only made a bid 2 weeks ago or so, so I suppose nothing could really be done until someone actually made a bid, but it's just such a blow to know that our captain would rather be somewhere else to fulfil his own personal aspirations. I understand it for sure (and he's given us 8 wonderful years, and it is a lot to ask of any player to stay at the one club their entire career), but as you said Aussie, I do feel betrayed and let down by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom