• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie

Established Member
n_henry said:
Aussie said:
I just feel let down by Vieira. This has been going for about a month now and what have we heared? Nothing at all. Myself and others have taken his silence and from what we have heared from Wenger and others as indication that at the moment Vieira isnt fully commited to club and is looking to play with Real Madrid next season. I do feel betrayed as he has been here for 8 years and has been made captain recently of our great club. When he was made captain i thought that meant that he was fully commited to the club and would look to almost play out his days with the club. Then we all heared the speach about how many great players we have and we can achive great things here. That was only a month ago.

If he goes (and I've resigned myself to the fact that he is going), then Wenger's going to have to bring someone (worthy) in VERY quickly. And I don't think that, whoever it is, we can expect immediate results from them... the rest of the boys will really have to pull together more than ever (and Edu and Gilberto will have to step up a couple of gears).

Im sure he would have a few targets lined up and would be ready to swoop almost straight away. As you also said whoever we do sign may not adapt straight away to the English game.

DB10

From what i gather, paddy's gone........
I guess the only real delay is waiting for us to find a replacement.

The Carrick deal could have been to replace paddy, but with the emergence of cesc, this may have put it off..... (still it was all just the sun bullshit and it may not have happened anyway)

i honestly believe paddy will be here... but only till January.
It does make sense. Obvious he wants out and we need a replacement. We cannot find a replacement in two weeks or so left in the window. Also any replacement's price would be jacked up because we would be in a rush.

I think Paddy owes it to us to stay till we find someone to replace him. If he waits til Jan, we have a better bargaining position than now. Also it would leave us more time to find someone.

I hope this does happen otherwise we would be rushed into buying someone like maniche. Maybe some one like Ballack would be available then who knows, but from those that are, eg. Maniche, Alonso, Hleb.

none are fit to lace the boots of paddy. The only one i can think of is Gerrard and we might ahve to wait a while for him.

23m is way too little for a player of paddys' quality.

i'd rather he be sold to Juve for 30m in Jan with him rotting in the reserves till then, than for only 23m now.

drogba went for 26m ffs.

lewdikris

Established Member
1. Carrick was an official enquiry - Alan Pardew said we pulled out of the move. My guess is that Cesc's performance on Sunday (they're very similar players) meant Wenger didn't think it was worth having Carrick. Fair enough.

2. Wenger would never let Paddy stay til January. No chance. He'll be ineligible for the Champions League (as presumably we'd play him); it would destabilise the club badly .... it just wouldn't happen.

quattro

on how the whole thing's been handled:

i dont think it could've been handled any better if our aim is to get the maximum transfer fee that we could squeeze from the cheap facsist bastards for a player who is no longer committed to us. if paddy is already decided to go, then he is being overly considerate by keeping his silence and giving the club some leverage by which to bargain with madrid.

if there's anything about the whole situation that hurts, its not vieira's silence, but his obvious inclination to leave us.

that, and nothing else. and yes, it sucks.

KingReyes

Established Member
Aussie said:
Any chance of Paddy moving anywhere else other than real?

Paddy's preference is Real. italian teams will be interested but I don't think Paddy will be keen to go back there and miss out on joining the 'Galacticos'.

I think Sp**s would interest Paddy but they can't guarantee him first team football. :lol: :lol:

Sammer

Established Member
quattro said:
on how the whole thing's been handled:

i dont think it could've been handled any better if our aim is to get the maximum transfer fee that we could squeeze from the cheap facsist bastards for a player who is no longer committed to us. if paddy is already decided to go, then he is being overly considerate by keeping his silence and giving the club some leverage by which to bargain with madrid.

if there's anything about the whole situation that hurts, its not vieira's silence, but his obvious inclination to leave us.

that, and nothing else. and yes, it sucks.

Spot on, quattro.

If Paddy helped the club in maximising the transfer fee by keeping silent, he will leave in good terms.

Although we do not understand his inclination to leave, I still give him credit for 8 years of committment, midfield-bossing and complete dedication to the club.

I am cannot relate to people stating "I want him to leave" or statements that it would actually be good for Paddy to leave.

We all know that we will miss him big time, and there is no imediate replacement in sight, as there is no player like Paddy on earth.

I reckon it will all be cleared up by tomorrow

Aussie

Established Member
KingReyes said:
Aussie said:
Any chance of Paddy moving anywhere else other than real?

Paddy's preference is Real. italian teams will be interested but I don't think Paddy will be keen to go back there and miss out on joining the 'Galacticos'.

I think Sp**s would interest Paddy but they can't guarantee him first team football. :lol: :lol:

He could end up **** hole creek with out a paddle.

It looks like we cant agree on a price and Dein and Wenger wont back down.

DB10

i don't think vieria by not saying anything is driving up the price...... its pretty obvious he wants out. I mean a 16m inital bid???? Its obvious real tapped him up.

Maybe the bust up with Henry and Pires during the Euros was about this..............

Paddy's just too chicken **** to come out and say he wants to leave. I mean Arsène MADE him as a player and MADE him the man he is today. He just cannot come out and say....... "thanks for everything cheerio i'm off to get more money"

in any case, alot of ppl have lost respect for him, within arsenal as well as the fans themselves..... if he stays, i don't think he'd ahve the same amount of respect from the others anymore.

its like if you go out with a girl and she says let's break up....... you don't want her to go but, if she goes then you start over....... if she stays you will still ahve that apprehension that she wanted to........

i think as this has gone on for so long, its better he goes, he would not ahve the same influence as he did before.

voomboom

its possible that vieira is upset that wiltord wasnt offered a new contract, and now feels that the same thing can happen to him, so he wants to jump before he's pushed without dignity......

What do you think of that possibility??

DB10

wiltord was offered a new contract......... a two year one he wanted 3-4 i think.

it was wiltord that rejected our offer and not the other way around. although i see your point.

I remember last year when Dennis' contract was up and the board took ages to sort it out. Money also was a problem.

But now with paddy's contract expiring in 3 years, we would ahve already played one season in Ashburton grove so money is no problem

I think he wants more fame, publicity and all that goes with being a galactico.

would like to see his arguement of winning the champs league when they get knocked out out tonight..............

gooner4eva

This has been hanging fire for too long. Hopefully we will be in the clear by this weekend. I can understand Vieira wanting out, its a matter of personal aspirations. Probably he is just sick of english weather. You cant blame him for that. We as fans are loyal only to the club and cheer only for players who are doing well. It takes one bad perfromance by a player for us to start slagging him(This forum itself has dished out a lot of stick). In such a scenario how can we expect a player to give his heart / soul to the club. After all they are all professionals who are doing a job by playing football. If there is so much money to be made in football, too bad. Vieira will leave as will Henry someday. That doesnt mean that we forget about all the good moments they have treated us to. We were ready to dump DB10 last year when his form was slipping. Would that have been fair with him ? Clubs are running a business and footballers are working. We are paying for the entertainment. Thats the perspective from which I am looking at this whole 'saga'

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

As fans we tend to be one eyed about this; we demand 100% loyalty but when a player has outstayed his welcome we're only too happy to offload him.

That's how football works guys.

That said I am pissed off that Vieira has kept his own counsel for so long.

I don't buy this "he's doing us a favour by pushing up the price" crap. Real have a pretty good idea he's interested in a move! The idea they will up their offer by £5 million because he keeps schtum is just plain dumb.

All I know is that he turns up in the end of season DVD all smiles and promises; next thing we know he's shagging Real's leg like some dumb hound.

Bottom line is that Vieira is master of his own destiny & can go & play where he wants, whatever his motivation and regardless of whether it turns out to be the right decision, in the same way that Arsenal can choose whether or not to offer Wiltord a 2 or 3 year contract.

That dosen't stop us being royally hacked off by the circus.

Alexone234

gooner4eva said:
This has been hanging fire for too long. Hopefully we will be in the clear by this weekend. I can understand Vieira wanting out, its a matter of personal aspirations. Probably he is just sick of english weather. You cant blame him for that. We as fans are loyal only to the club and cheer only for players who are doing well. It takes one bad perfromance by a player for us to start slagging him(This forum itself has dished out a lot of stick). In such a scenario how can we expect a player to give his heart / soul to the club. After all they are all professionals who are doing a job by playing football. If there is so much money to be made in football, too bad. Vieira will leave as will Henry someday. That doesnt mean that we forget about all the good moments they have treated us to. We were ready to dump DB10 last year when his form was slipping. Would that have been fair with him ? Clubs are running a business and footballers are working. We are paying for the entertainment. Thats the perspective from which I am looking at this whole 'saga'

It is all true, but I get the impression that at Madrid, you get less adulation when playing well and more stick, quicker, when you are not playing too well.

Split

The only rational explaniation I can give for Vieira wanting to leave is a lifestyle change, and a fear of missing an opportunity he may never get again.

marhes26

Well as far as i'm concerned i wont be singing his name anymore.I think the fans are trying to send out some kind of message to Pat by singing his name in some attempt to make him realise how much he is loved at Arsenal and make him stay.Yes i admit at the charity shield i was singing his name...but now i have had enough.This guy has put the fans through **** for nearly a month now with his silence.Total lack of respect for us.Everytime i'll see one of his goals on the end of season videos im gonna feel like ive been kicked in the nuts.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
its been vieira's dream to play alongside zidane..and to be fair..zizou has at the most 1 year left in him..unless you count time he might spend in the MLS. So as it is..its now or never for Vieira..cos i don't think he wants that partnership with zizou while playing for the san jose earthquakes.

I still have this hope he might stay..because being the first gunner captain to walk us into our new stadium ...and first captain to lift the CL..is a pretty convincing argument.

This sh* has really got to my head. Can't go more than 2 hrs without chking the news. Just waiting for that final bad news. Am glad have been a fan of arsenal even before the day he walked in....8 years ago.. couldn't have asked for more. Well i can..but...

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
its been vieira's dream to play alongside zidane..and to be fair..zizou has at the most 1 year left in him..unless you count time he might spend in the MLS. So as it is..its now or never for Vieira..cos i don't think he wants that partnership with zizou while playing for the san jose earthquakes.

I still have this hope he might stay..because being the first gunner captain to walk us into our new stadium ...and first captain to lift the CL..is a pretty convincing argument.

This sh* has really got to my head. Can't go more than 2 hrs without chking the news. For the past 2 weeks thats the first thing i do when i get up. My wife thinks i am goin nuts. Just waiting for that final bad news. Am glad have been a fan of arsenal even before the day he walked in....8 years ago.. couldn't have asked for more. Well i could but...

sienna

himanshu said:
siddharth said:
I was watching football focus this evening on ESPNSTAR sports where they obviously were talking about vieira. The host John Dykes asked Paul Masfield about his good friend Jerry Armstrong's ( the one who works as a commentator and pundit for la liga on sky sports) views on this vieira situation. He said that jerry had spoken to him yesterday and that vieira deal was done 2 weeks ago.:shock:

But he also said that vieira was waiting to see if Arsenal came up with something big and special. I don't know what he meant by that but it most probably means that vieira is waiting to see if we sign some big name players. :?

dont watch that show anymore
its ****ingcrap ....have lost all my respect for the espnstar guys after the community shield....shebby singh is the biggest c**t around!!!dont belive in that s**t!
Shebby is a Sp**s supporter and he genuinely believes that this season Sp**s will be the surprise package. Yeah whatever Shebby. He was actually OK when he started commentating for ESPN; pretty impartial but last season he was annoying me like hell. He's always sucking up to Manure and for this season he predicts we're finishing behind Chelski and Manure. He always writes us off and he can be so smug at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom