• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lee1001

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
its been vieira's dream to play alongside zidane..and to be fair..zizou has at the most 1 year left in him..unless you count time he might spend in the MLS. So as it is..its now or never for Vieira..cos i don't think he wants that partnership with zizou while playing for the san jose earthquakes.

I still have this hope he might stay..because being the first gunner captain to walk us into our new stadium ...and first captain to lift the CL..is a pretty convincing argument.

This sh* has really got to my head. Can't go more than 2 hrs without chking the news. For the past 2 weeks thats the first thing i do when i get up. My wife thinks i am goin nuts. Just waiting for that final bad news. Am glad have been a fan of arsenal even before the day he walked in....8 years ago.. couldn't have asked for more. Well i could but...

Ha ha, im no different, i check the news every hour or so from 9am to 9pm every day. Before this saga started i only had about 70 posts, i now have 408 posts.

I have become obssesed, my missus has noticed it too. I think its time that the mods introduced a therapist to this forum, cos i for sure need counselling.

gooner4eva

Standards of football commentating and game analysis has become really poor. Anyone who has kicked a ball in his life qualifies to be an 'expert'. These guys end up telling us the plain obvious and hardly give a decent analysis. Add to that their prejudices. Makes you wonder why they are there at all !!

lee1001

Established Member
gooner4eva said:
Standards of football commentating and game analysis has become really poor. Anyone who has kicked a ball in his life qualifies to be an 'expert'. These guys end up telling us the plain obvious and hardly give a decent analysis. Add to that their prejudices. Makes you wonder why they are there at all !!

Good point.

A

Anonymous

im still hoping and i believe he will come out on saturday and say somethin like this: " i have thought long and hard about my career and not just for this season but for the rest of my career and i have decided that there is no place else but arsenal i apologize for my silence and to the fans and the club but i wanted to make a decision on my career not jsut this season"
:D :D :D :D

lee1001

Established Member
Marca said that Vieira had agreed terms. Yet Wenger said in the press conference that Vieira had not spoken to Real or their representatives.

I wouldn't trust them but then again its just a matter of time before he goes. This COULD be it. 22.1 is a bargain for Real

JazzG

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
its being reported that a fee has been agreed.

Real Agree Vieira Fee - Reports

right now, i'm not even sure i care how much we get. i just want this over with so we can concentrate on getting a good start in the league as well as finding a replacement.

Read carefully though, it 2 Spanish papers reporting it, they are both known to errm let say shade the truth.

Clarkey

Same old same old. We do not need the cash so why sell him for less then our valuation. Madrid think as they are a bigger club they can get the player on their terms, but forget the ball is in our park.

sienna

The sources reporting it's a done deal are still the Spanish papers. First Marca reported Vieira has agreed personal terms with Madrid, then that Spanish station Cadena something that a deal has been agreed and now this supposedly done deal(again). Whatever.

KingReyes

Established Member
Could be bollocks, I just want this to end. Lets move on with or without him, this whole saga has been very disruptive to the teams preperations.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I'm not believing anything on this from the spanish press, it was 2 weeks ago, thesy said Vieira would be a Madrid player in a matter of hours.

That said, when he does go, the good thing about this dragging on so long is that we're all more than ready for it, even Adam now, I think :wink:

albo2002

one odd thing in it all - marca are now saying it will be at least friday until the deal is wrapped up.

WHY THE FRICKING DELAY????

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
If there is a deal in the pipeline, and it looks fairly clear there is, does anyone think Wenger might turn the lights out on it if it's not concluded by Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom