• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

quattro

ummm... the last ones have direct quotes from wenger via this is london, which i guess has been a pretty good resource for arsenal news.

Split

Wenger, preparing for Sunday's Premiership game at Everton, said: "I wouldn't say I am genuinely optimistic Patrick will stay.
"Today I would bet he would go rather than stay. But the deal with Real isn't done and if it's not done by this weekend, he is staying at Arsenal."

KingReyes

Established Member
JazzG said:
quattro said:

I'd like to know when and if Wenger said that. Very disturbing if true :(

"Today I would bet he would go rather than stay. But the deal with Real isn't done and if it's not done by this weekend, he is staying at Arsenal."

From the looks of that it seems that was said just before Real stalled the progress of the deal.

Then he goes on to say if it's not done by this weekend, he is staying at Arsenal. Well I can't really see it being completed by the weekend but I could be wrong. I just hope there is only one winner from all this whether he stays or goes and thats Arsenal FC.

Split

As he prepared for Sunday's opening Premiership fixture at Everton and the quest to keep the record unbeaten run going, Wenger conceded: "Today I would bet that he would go rather than stay.
"I realise that we will have to do more if we lose Patrick to Real Madrid. I wouldn't comment too much on what they have done. I am more focused on preparing for Sunday's game. And Patrick could not play anyway because he is injured."But the deal with Real is not done yet. It is difficult to predict and you never know. But as I said, if it is not done this weekend, then he stays.

Doesn't sound very positive. - Vieira obviously wants to leave then. So even if we don't sort out a deal with Real Madrid he wil be held against his will, which can't be good. :(

Split

"In midfield we have players like Fredrik Ljungberg, Robert Pires, Edu, Gilberto Silva and Lauren. Cesc Fabregas has also done well in pre-season and for a 17-year-old had a tremendous game in Cardiff last Sunday. In all the statistics we have looked at after the game, he did very, very well."

Interesting Wenger quotes Lauren and not Flamini!

Like many of you i have pondered over this many times, & ive also tried to look at the situation from Paddy's point of view (not that he said anything!)
At 28yrs old this could be his last big move, now does he want to test other waters to see if the grass is greener on the other side, or does he want to continue his captaincy of Arsenal?
It is a very big decision to make, & in light, im glad in a way he is taking so long to make this decision even tho its agonising for us supporters.
As it just goes to show he is in 2 minds, & he could possibly be making the biggest mistake of his career by leaving.
One thing he surely must be thinking is that even tho madrid have lifted the Champions League trophy, its only going to be a matter of time before Arsenal do it, not IF but WHEN, and how much sweeter would it be to be part of that in a team you have worked so hard for.

Captain of Arsenal, Captain of France, you cant get much better!

gooner4eva

But wenger also said that if the deal is not wrapped by weekend, Vieira will stay. Now I dont see Real upping their bid before the weekend to meet our price. There is also a problem of agreeing to personal terms with Vieira. Put 2 and 2 together. Its 4...PV4 stays with us :mrgreen:

leongsh

efurze said:
As an American who is (shockingly, by European standards) actually used to relying on some semblance of journalistic integrity, could someone please explain to me which of the horrible british news sources have any shred of reliability about them, and which ones are complete fiction?

Over here in the US the fake papers are easy to spot because NOONE IS STUPID ENOUGH TO QUOTE THEM!!!

As far as I know, the only British newspaper on the internet that has been cautious in reporting this affair is the Daily Telegraph (Link). Heck, they may even be the only one that has not jumped into this sordid mess. They do write good informative football articles too.

You could also try the Guardian's football site - their reporting is not too bad and they do write up some good funny irreverent stuff, like likening the Premiership teams to biscuits in their prediction quide.

voomboom

gooner4eva said:
But wenger also said that if the deal is not wrapped by weekend, Vieira will stay. Now I dont see Real upping their bid before the weekend to meet our price. There is also a problem of agreeing to personal terms with Vieira. Put 2 and 2 together. Its 4...PV4 stays with us :mrgreen:

yeah, but who wants a captain that wants to play for a rival team?? I certainly dont!!!

I say its time for him to go, and if he stays, he should be stripped of the captaincy for an open display unhappiness with his own team. How can anyone in the team seriously be inspired by him when in the back of their mind all they're thinking is that 'this person doesn't even want to be my team mate'????????????????

I say........

VIEIRA OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

efurze

leongsh said:
efurze said:
As an American who is (shockingly, by European standards) actually used to relying on some semblance of journalistic integrity, could someone please explain to me which of the horrible british news sources have any shred of reliability about them, and which ones are complete fiction?

Over here in the US the fake papers are easy to spot because NOONE IS STUPID ENOUGH TO QUOTE THEM!!!

As far as I know, the only British newspaper on the internet that has been cautious in reporting this affair is the Daily Telegraph (Link). Heck, they may even be the only one that has not jumped into this sordid mess. They do write good informative football articles too.

You could also try the Guardian's football site - their reporting is not too bad and they do write up some good funny irreverent stuff, like likening the Premiership teams to biscuits in their prediction quide.

Thanks for the info leongsh, i'll keep that in mind.

Split

If Vieira really does want to leave, then keeping him cannot be good for team morale (especially as our captain!) we'd be better off without him.

I want him to stay but only if he wants to and is committed to the club!

Split

efurze said:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk is the website of the Evening Standard which is a respectable London newspaper, it is a pretty reliable source and being a london paper they usually write with more empathy for the Arsenal fans and with less sensationalism. Bookmark this one! :wink:

voomboom

Split said:
If Vieira really does want to leave, then keeping him cannot be good for team morale (especially as our captain!) we'd be better off without him.

Yeah, but after wengers quotes now, its obvious that

a) He's lost his commitment to arsenal
b) he doesnt want to stay
c) he's damaging the team morale

Arnie

Daily Mail are ok.

Normally the bad tabloids have a big red strip at the top.

and naked women on the third page

and the 4th and 5th and 6th and 7th(daily sport) ;D ;D

Split

voomboom said:
Split said:

Yeah, but after wengers quotes now, its obvious that

a) He's lost his commitment to arsenal
b) he doesnt want to stay
c) he's damaging the team morale

Yeah it does seem that way, but I'm still hanging on in blind faith, you never know what might happen.

lorenzo

sorry arnie, but the daily mail is a rag just like the rest of them. It just pretends to be a "serious" paper. They gave ashley cole a 3 out of 10 in the portugal game when he was clearly englands best player that night. and the chief sports writer J Powell is a muppet. He is one of the only people left in the business who still rates venables as a manager and consistently calls for erikson to be replaced. I mean seriously, sven may of made a few odd decisons but he's pushed the england set up into the twenty first century. as for venables... well need i say more...Once a spud forever a spud.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom