• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

johe

Maybe this latest news about the deal stalling is just R*** trying to put pressure on our board, so they're essentially blackmailing us. Either we get an unhappy player (although I don't think he is unhappy with us, but that's propably what RM think), or we sell for their price. Since the story first came out of AS and Marca it is most definetly a RM ploy to get Vieira cheaper. The only thing is it's not gonna work. We should put a sign outside Highbury, saying 'Geriatricos will be shot. Survivors will be shot again.

Split

johe said:
Maybe this latest news about the deal stalling is just R*** trying to put pressure on our board, so they're essentially blackmailing us. Either we get an unhappy player (although I don't think he is unhappy with us, but that's propably what RM think), or we sell for their price. Since the story first came out of AS and Marca it is most definetly a RM ploy to get Vieira cheaper. The only thing is it's not gonna work. We should put a sign outside Highbury, saying 'Geriatricos will be shot. Survivors will be shot again.

I think you've got it spot on there!

I translated this from AS, they seem to be suggesting that the deal hit a snag, but negotiations will probably continue...

"When everything was prepared for its presentation, the negotiations were broken in average afternoon of yesterday. The Arsenal requested by the midfield player 38 million euros and Florentino decided to cut the conversation with David Dein. In addition, the Arsenal has offered him to the player two years more of contract (still it was three years old) and the highest pay of all the group (already it received five million net euros). Vieira not yet has responded and the Premier League begins tomorrow. After a full day of negotiations, Florentino Perez left to Majorca to wait for the news. The one of Vieira is difficult, but everything can be reactivated. It is only enough to remember the draftee of Ronaldo by the Madrid, in which the negotiations were broken and they were reinitiated every day. Perhaps the Arsenal calls again to return to negotiate. In England they say that the rupture can be órdago. Everything or nothing."

voomboom

the story doesnt matter, arsenal, real and vieira and his agent have been in talks for the last few days. wenger knows that vieira is up for it, which is why he now says that he's not confident he'll stay, and wants the deal killed by the time the season starts if they dont come to a conclusion. real know that the board aint no jokers when it comes to transfers anyway. Anelka was desperate to leave, but dein still managed to get about 4 million more than real wanted to pay.

and as wenger said, the money's not an issue. wenger probably thinks that if the deal falls through, pat will forget about it and just get on with being arsenal captain, but I reckon he should be sold or stipped of the captaincy for wrecking the whole teams pre season while he's tried to get his transfer. who would want to play under a captain that doesnt even think you're good enough to be his team mate?????

Split

agreed voomboom, except I don't think Wenger is stupid enough to think everything will be hunky dory if Vieira stays but wanted to leave.

Apparently Wenger will talk to Sky Sports News live this lunch time...

johe

Split said:
agreed voomboom, except I don't think Wenger is stupid enough to think everything will be hunky dory if Vieira stays but wanted to leave.

Apparently Wenger will talk to Sky Sports News live this lunch time...

Of course Wenger isn't stupid enough. He's a real psychologist with his players, he knows their mind, he knows how comitted Vieira is, he knows what effect it will have on his squad if he leaves or if stays. Arsène knows.

And what time is 'lunch time'? ;)

JazzG

Established Member
Yeah there is a press conference around 12pm(or lunchtime) so hopefully we will get some more info then

Denish

Split said:
The Daily Mail is an all round nasty paper.

Well, first of all, thats horse sh*t. I work at the Daily Mail as one of the general footie correspondents going to press conferences and writing minor stories and stuff, and no effort is ever made to put any negative spin on anything. Of course there is a certain amount of spin, because it's required to sell a newspaper, but our stories come through the PA newswire, Sky Sports News and word of mouth from the people involved in the game themselves.

We report the stories as they are shown to us. We cut out sections of the story that are irrelevant in order to make space for the other stories that need to be reported, just like every other newspaper. Its not meant to twist its meaning into something scandalous, that's the kind of thing The Sun or The Mirror would do. I place those 'newspapers' on about the level of OK! or Hello! magazine. Absolute quality journalism :roll:

In reply to the statement about Jeff Powell, he hardly writes at all anymore. The main men in the football section are Matt Lawton, Ian McGarry and Ian Ladyman (dont laugh at his name :p )

How can you possibly say the Daily Mail is an all round nasty newspaper? Excuse me if I sound rude, but what the **** do you know?

Split

Denish said:
Split said:
The Daily Mail is an all round nasty paper.

Well, first of all, thats horse sh*t. I work at the Daily Mail as one of the general footie correspondents going to press conferences and writing minor stories and stuff, and no effort is ever made to put any negative spin on anything. Of course there is a certain amount of spin, because it's required to sell a newspaper, but our stories come through the PA newswire, Sky Sports News and word of mouth from the people involved in the game themselves.

We report the stories as they are shown to us. We cut out sections of the story that are irrelevant in order to make space for the other stories that need to be reported, just like every other newspaper. Its not meant to twist its meaning into something scandalous, that's the kind of thing The Sun or The Mirror would do. I place those 'newspapers' on about the level of OK! or Hello! magazine. Absolute quality journalism :roll:

In answer to the statement about Jeff Powell, he hardly writes at all anymore. The main men in the football section are Matt Lawton, Ian McGarry and Ian Ladyman (dont laugh at his name :p )

How can you possibly say the Daily Mail is an all round nasty newspaper? Excuse me if I sound rude, but what the f**k do you know?

Sorry I shouldn't have said 'all round' as I exactly meant the front pages rather than back pages. My Bad!
I will say that the sports pages are fine and for the middle aged women the crosswords and 'lifestyle' pieces are fine.

I don't like their right wing stance on issues such as assylum seekers. But lets not go into all that as this is an Arsenal forum and A Vieira thread.

gash

Ain't the Daily Mail also referred to as the Daily Hatred due to its propensity to run stories about illegal immigrants spreading disease in Britain and the like? Or is that the Mirror...or both?

Steer clear of the Sun, the Mail, the Star and the Mirror. The only decent paper with credible journalism is The Daily Sport...quality!!

Denish

I'm not getting paid much.

The fact is, I'd say it even if I wasn't working here, and thats the truth.

The whole idea of tabloids and broadsheets is crap anyway. Look at The Times - that's a 'broadsheet' but now its also available in a tabloid format because the broadsheet papers have realised that its bloody impractical to carry around a massive, unwieldy paper like that all day and to try and read it on a cramped train or tube or something.

Daily Mail is a well respected paper, and has always been thought of as one of the best daily tabloids along with the Express and the Telegraph. The red-tops are the ones you wanna watch out for.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
voomboom said:
Split said:
If Vieira really does want to leave, then keeping him cannot be good for team morale (especially as our captain!) we'd be better off without him.

I want him to stay but only if he wants to and is committed to the club!

Yeah, but after wengers quotes now, its obvious that

a) He's lost his commitment to arsenal
b) he doesnt want to stay
c) he's damaging the team morale

And you worked this out how?

The Daily Mail is the worst paper in Britain. I've worked for The Times Sports. That was good and I'd recommend The Times over most for Sports coverage but not only because I've written for them but simply due to the fact that I enjoy the sports pages myself.

patrick42uk

Established Member
as much as i am annoyed wih vieira, this is bloody good news! we have the best 11 in the premiership, bar none. its only upwards from now on for us. with the quality of the youngsters, this season looks very promising indeed! and what a boost before the game on sunday, everton beware!

Denish

Sorry I shouldn't have said 'all round' as I exactly meant the front pages rather than back pages. My Bad!
I will say that the sports pages are fine and for the middle aged women the crosswords and 'lifestyle' pieces are fine.

I don't like their right wing stance on issues such as assylum seekers. But lets not go into all that as this is an Arsenal forum and A Vieira thread.

Cheers for your apology :D

But I'm a pretty right wing kinda guy, so it's my kinda paper. I do think its unfair the label people give it though. It doesn't have THAT strong views on immigrants and issues to that effect.

Anyway, we sports people don't mix with the riff raff on the other side of the office :p

Rupert

Never doubted him at all, finally glad he has come out and said it though. For me, his silence spoke a million words that he was not going to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom