• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kel varnsen

Established Member
tbbosa said:
I can see you guys are very thankfull to the man for the 8 great years he has dedicated his service to Arsenal.!! Pathetic creatures!!

yeah, let's ignore the fact that vieira has been sh*te all season. i mean, he did a great job just 2 years ago(sarcasm). we'll win a lot of trophies that way...?

vieira needs to be dropped like yesterday's trash...

chris66

If any of you saw the Real Madrid game at the weekend I think you will have seen the end of MAdrid's interest in Vieira. The moment Graveson came on he sat just in font of the back four and everything went through him, freeing Beckham up to push further forward.

Its only early days but my sense is that Real have bought the bald headed dane for the role they had in mind for Paddy and saved themselves 20M in the process. He won't even expect to be a Galactico either.

I'm pretty sure Vieira is here to stay, so its about time both he and some of the hypercritical Vieira haters on this board got used to the idea. You know, kel varnsen (et al), the problems Arsenal have right now go a bit broader than Patrick.

patrick42uk

Established Member
vieira hasnt even been our worst player. IMO he's been average all season, but players like pires reyes and bergkamp have been below for large parts of the season. the problem vieira has is that he is captain combined with the fact many fans feel he owes them for flirting with madrid one too many times. he's an easy scapegoat but i'm not convinced his performances on its own justify the sor of crticisms he's getting.

kel varnsen

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
vieira hasnt even been our worst player. IMO he's been average all season, but players like pires reyes and bergkamp have been below for large parts of the season. the problem vieira has is that he is captain combined with the fact many fans feel he owes them for flirting with madrid one too many times. he's an easy scapegoat but i'm not convinced his performances on its own justify the sor of crticisms he's getting.

i disagree. reyes and bergkamp were fantastic earlier this season; just go back and read a few threads from september and october. vieira, on the other hand, has been sh*te ALL season! he had a decent match at charlton, but that's it. reyes and bergkamp were both dropped when their performances dropped; vieira, on the other hand, is still in the team. now we're stuck with vieira, seeing as edu, gilberto and flamini are all out...

KingReyes

Established Member
The fact is, is that Vieira has not become the worlds worst defensive midfielder from being the World's best. Yes he has had a poor season I agree with that but it doesn't mean he can't come back and become the player he was or at least a better version of the surrent one.

Just the same with Arsenal as a team, they have not become average just because they are 10 points behind a red hot Chelsea. With Vieira noone knows why he's been average all season, only he knows that. My main assumption is the whole Madrid saga has had an effect on him and the combination of him close to joining Madrid and his poor form has made him target number 1.

People will say at the start of the season when we were winning every game 4-0 Vieira was not in the side. However Bergkamp and Reyes for example were also in red hot form at that time Once their form dropped we started to drop points so its not just Vieira that has made our form drop suddenly, however he is the main culprit.

kel varnsen

Established Member
if i had to guess, i'd say the whole real madrid thing took its toll on vieira and it disturbed his pre season training. he looks unfit and lazy; i think he didn't work hard enough during the summer....

TheGunner4

Oh my godness i cant believe it.
Yes his season isnt the best but we got to keep the faith!
in the summer he had shown us loyality now we gotta bring it back.
for sure he will be the same patrick viera if he plays with gilberto again!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
ever think of this situation:

Paddy, now that the Real saga is over, is tired of teams trying to lure him away from Arsenal. He is playing poorly to detract other teams from wanting him... once the interest cools down, he comes back to his best....

i know, it's complete bullshit, but would be interesting if it were true....

Taozhe

Playing ****e just to cool off interest? I think that's a shot up our arse and I'll be so disappointed in Vieira. That would had been the most selfish thing to do for us.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i know, im just bustin' balls... no way he did that or would even THINK about doing that... too much of a competitor for that, and as Arsenal and France captain, I don't think he could ever do that...

Smartly Dressed Morris

Real Madrid Lining Up New Move For Vieira....

According to the mail on sunday....

"Real Madrid have made another determined move for Patrick Vieira this time for 15 million and a possible swap + cash with Owen."

Personally I think we have had Vieira's best years , sell him and get someone who doesnt give the ball away every single match.

JazzG

Established Member
IF Vieira still is tempted then I think it is time to let him go, I can't put up with every summer of him deciding whether he should or shouldn't go. I still hope to see the Vieira of old but like everyone says at times this season it seems his heart is elsewhere.

Lord Dula

Established Member
To be honest I'm no longer fussed - either way we do well cos if he goes we get cash and maybe a good player like owen or if he stays we still have a good player.

It used to be the case that he could not be replaced but now I'm not sure sure. Essien could do the job.

A

Anonymous

You guys have got no clue. Get off his back. The bloke has done wonderful things for Arsenal and it was his form that won us the league last year. He has been plagued with injuries this year as well as playing close to every game for club and country the year before. He hasnt had a rest unless it has been because he was recovering from an injury and frankly i beleive if u had a clue about the arsenal team you would have known that poor form for vieira was due. get off his back about the whole real madrid thing as well. If any player in the world had an offer from Madrid they would seriously consider it. Playing along side Beckham, zidane, ronaldo, raul. Most players cant resist. Yet he didwhich showed his passion for the club. So i say you all lay off him for awhile and let him play. Regardless any true arsenal supporter should respect hte team captain not bag him every time you get the chance

A

Anonymous

You guys have got no clue. Get off his back. The bloke has done wonderful things for Arsenal and it was his form that won us the league last year. He has been plagued with injuries this year as well as playing close to every game for club and country the year before. He hasnt had a rest unless it has been because he was recovering from an injury and frankly i beleive if u had a clue about the arsenal team you would have known that poor form for vieira was due. get off his back about the whole real madrid thing as well. If any player in the world had an offer from Madrid they would seriously consider it. Playing along side Beckham, zidane, ronaldo, raul. Most players cant resist. Yet he didwhich showed his passion for the club. So i say you all lay off him for awhile and let him play. Regardless any true arsenal supporter should respect hte team captain not bag him every time you get the chance

A

Anonymous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom