• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Ratinho said:
Jesus, if some of you guys think the club is a disgrace for choosing to let a player go, who's wanted to leave for a couple of years, and if you believe Tony Adams, will be f**ked in a year or so due to his balance problems (the legs being different lengths, reason he's had the injuries), then fine, but they just aren't.

If you think this means the club isn't ambitious, take a look down the road from Highbury at our ambition. Take a look at the future of the club being secured by the way they do bussiness. And then if we're still not ambitious enough for you, follow Vieira to Juve, as they could do with some fans to fill their empty stadium.

Now feel free to look at the present. Look at the two more good years Vieira could've given us. Look at the fact that we now finally have actual changes going on at the club fro the first time in years, which seems to terrify people. Or do what most in this part of the forum seem to do, and whine about the club because they haven't done things how they'd like to.

F**k me, am I one of a tiny majority that can see how this club has grown, and how big we are now? Vieira wanted to leave. He's wanted a new challenge for two or so years, and now he's getting it and so are we. I know Wenger's up to it, as are the likes of Henry, Hleb, van Persie, Lehmann, Senderos, etc, etc.

Stop being such a bunch of stoneless cowards ffs! :roll:

100% right there Ratinho.

The guy has given us 9 years top service. hes been the driving force behind 3 titles including 2 doubles. i feel that he still is a key to this team, but if he goes then i cant begrudge him. hes given it our all, and to be honest may not really have a lot left to give. we have seen the best of him, what he will give juventus will be well short of what he has given us. i think his last kick in an arsenal shirt (if he leaves of course) sums up how important he has been to this club over the years. slotting home the winning penalty in an fa cup final. he is a winner, always has been and always will be. he is one of the reasons we have such a bright future. when he came here it was Patrick who? and to a certain extent, still Arsène who? vieira in 9 years has become and arsenal legend, and will live long in the hearts of all true fans, expecially those of us who can remember the club before he arrived.

so if he does go, then good luck to him, and thanks for the amazing 9 years service he has given us. every single year he could have gone somewhere else, but 9 years on he is still here, so people doubting his loyalty and committment to the club, in an era of players who kiss a club's crest one week, then want out the next (ashley cole anyone?) just astound me. many of us keep complaining that we never do much in the transfer market. well we may be about to. sometimes a big change may be what is best for a club, and we may be about to see one. if vieira does leave, then expect someone else to come in. and not just anybody, probably someone fairly decent. as has already been said before, if wenger is considering selling vieira, then surely has has at least another couple of players in mind, with a pretty good chance of getting one of them. well if he wasnt close to anyone else there would be no way selling the captain would even be considered. yes, vieira will be a big loss in terms of leadership at the start, but perhaps its time for some other senior players to step up. sol is an outstanding leader, and giving him the captaincy may give him a much needed boost/spark, while others such as DB10 and henry are also very well respected.

of course i will be a bit disappointed if vieira does actually leave. but theres nothing we can do about it. lets just thank him for what he has done for us over the years and look forward to and exciting next 2 or 3 weeks where we will probably see a couple of exciting new signings.

http://www.sportinglife.com/story_get.c ... 60114.html
Looks like we will find out soon.

thegreatbriton

I agree that things aren't as bad as everyone makes out, but true ambition NEVER manifests itself in selling you'e captain and midfield lynchpin.

Ratinho

Established Member
thegreatbriton said:
I agree that things aren't as bad as everyone makes out, but true ambition NEVER manifests itself in selling you'e captain and midfield lynchpin.

True to an extent.

Does it manifest itself in an unwillingness to move on? I thnk the ability to look at this situation as a chance to step up again is the way to show ambition.

Vieira couldn't be there forever, and if pushed I could make a solid argument for this being the ideal time to let him move on and move on ourselves.

Plus, Paddy wanted to go. It's not simply us showing a lack of ambition. He wanted to move on, and this isn't the good old days where you could just tell him to stay put and lump it. Nothing at the end of his contract, and Vieira not especially happy at not getting his chance to have at least a few seasons of his career in a different atmosphere/league/club?

I trust Wenger and the club implicitly, and whatever hasen't killed us on the past, has always made us stronger.

God, i'm good today! :lol:

kronik

If Vieira leaves we have to pay up the remaining £6M of his contract due to the fact that he did not ask for a transfer. :evil:

mood

kronik said:
If Vieira leaves we have to pay up the remaining £6M of his contract due to the fact that he did not ask for a transfer. :evil:

That's what I do not understand. Why sell him if he's happy and does not want to leave?

and where did you get that £6m crap from?

Ratinho

Established Member
:lol:

So when people leave clubs, you pay their contyract up in full do you?

And mood ffs, is anyone really under the impression that Vieira doesn't want to move on now? Really? :roll:

vcc1965

Ratinho said:
Jesus, if some of you guys think the club is a disgrace for choosing to let a player go, who's wanted to leave for a couple of years, and if you believe Tony Adams, will be f**ked in a year or so due to his balance problems (the legs being different lengths, reason he's had the injuries), then fine, but they just aren't.

If you think this means the club isn't ambitious, take a look down the road from Highbury at our ambition. Take a look at the future of the club being secured by the way they do bussiness. And then if we're still not ambitious enough for you, follow Vieira to Juve, as they could do with some fans to fill their empty stadium.

Now feel free to look at the present. Look at the two more good years Vieira could've given us. Look at the fact that we now finally have actual changes going on at the club fro the first time in years, which seems to terrify people. Or do what most in this part of the forum seem to do, and whine about the club because they haven't done things how they'd like to.

F**k me, am I one of a tiny majority that can see how this club has grown, and how big we are now? Vieira wanted to leave. He's wanted a new challenge for two or so years, and now he's getting it and so are we. I know Wenger's up to it, as are the likes of Henry, Hleb, van Persie, Lehmann, Senderos, etc, etc.

Stop being such a bunch of stoneless cowards ffs! :roll:

well said mate

jester

Established Member
he still has 2 years on a contract worth 6mill. we are not honering this, so must give him his 6million out of the money we get for him. very bad business if u ask me, (which Arsène forgot to do!)

dev_atdi

There's probably only a few players who could replace Big Pat at the end of the day...but I honestly can't see Wenger signing any of them.

Gattuso from Milan - he doesn't really do the whole Italian thing.
Gerrard - Staying with Liverpool, far too much money.
Davids (possibly) - Maybe should've got him a few seasons ago when he was at the top of his game, but I still can't see Wenger getting him now.

It's all a big mystery to be honest. Both the transfer and who exactly he'll be signing as a replacement. I'm not believing ANYTHING 'til I see it officially announced...

mood

I just thought about something. Due to Wenger recently making his interest in SWP public.. maybe he wants to sell Vieira and move for Wrighty?

Then he'll probably push Gilberto very much up the back and play this formation

midfield to back:

--Pires/Reyes---Hleb---SwP-------

-------------Gilberto----------
------d e f e n c e -------------

It's possible.

fuma75

it's gonna be like this i think

---------titi------DB10/baptista/RVP---
--Reyes------Hleb------freddie-------

Legend#1

Established Member
mood said:
I just thought about something. Due to Wenger recently making his interest in SWP public.. maybe he wants to sell Vieira and move for Wrighty?

Then he'll probably push Gilberto very much up the back and play this formation

midfield to back:

--Pires/Reyes---Hleb---SwP-------

It's possible.

That looks SEXY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom