• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnaife

well only the person who can really nip these speculations in the bud is the big man himself.
if real make a sizable offer we have to look at it.
if zidane is the one wooing vieira's interest then one can't really ignore that.
We should have been looking for a paddy alternative for years but thats very difficult to do.
But if paddy wants to go then let him but make Real pay through their noses for him.

calvinngai88

I'm sure Vieira will stay. This rumour if just utter ****. So what if 30m pounds was offered? You guys think if Vieira leaves, what will Henry, Pires, Cole and co. will think of the club's managing board?

patrick42uk

Established Member
thinking about this, if there was ever a time to sell vieira, it would be now. beyond this season, vieira could never command a 30 million upwards fee again. and whats the link between this and wenger's outburst about lack of funds? a substantial bid will certainly catch wenger's eye if he has players he is interested in but limited by lack of funds. we have sold big players in the past and replaced them. no player is bigger than the club.

Soler

Established Member
calvinngai88 said:
You guys think if Vieira leaves, what will Henry, Pires, Cole and co. will think of the club's managing board?

Well, Hill-Wood, Dein and even Wenger have condemned the way the facists go about their business: they don't want Vieira to leave and aren't interested in selling. Only Vieira can make this decision to leave, so I don't think it'd effect Henry and co. at all.

I don't think he'll leave, as none of the articles in the media have any quotes by Vieira himself. It's all really hot-air.

nnaife

patrick42uk said:
thinking about this, if there was ever a time to sell vieira, it would be now. beyond this season, vieira could never command a 30 million upwards fee again. and whats the link between this and wenger's outburst about lack of funds? a substantial bid will certainly catch wenger's eye if he has players he is interested in but limited by lack of funds. we have sold big players in the past and replaced them. no player is bigger than the club.

It will still be seen as weakening the team and the other players may become disillusioned at losing such a key player.

Milan dont sell their stars nor do madrid, if thropies is our goal this year then selling paddy isnt an option.

We aren't in the business of weakening ourselves to make others stronger for sake of a little cash.

You only sell a player once you've got a suitable replacement lined up.

Arsenal are strong at the moment we have a killer team that is envy of Europe, we're seeded amongst the Elite for the first time so lets no act like pussies when f*ckers like Perez come along.

I'm sure the right cash could be found if we saw a player we needed without the need of selling our best players to fund the transfer.

Chelsea get stronger by the day and ManU have strengthen we can't afford to take a regressive step back otherwise we can kiss away the success we've come to expect and enjoy.

Kyla

Why would Pat want to go now anyway! It doesn't make sense. He is supposed to be happy here. But Europe is his no1 aim now and it wouldn't surprise me if he decided this was as good as it was going to get at Arsenal.

sienna

Agree with Nnaife. So because Vieira is 28 now is the time to sell him? Pray tell who's better than Vieira in his position? Unless there's someone better than Vieira why the heck would we even entertain the thought of selling him? We'd be weakening ourselves and for what? 30 million and even that would be used to replace Vieira and some extra cash left over from the buying. We have something special going on at Arsenal and selling Vieira woud put us back to square one and jeopardize the team makeup and chemistry.

patrick42uk

Established Member
thats very romantic and all that, but you cannot compare us to madrid and milan financially. we are not just in the same league. besides, we would not be the first team to sell a top player (juve sold zidane) and we wont be the last. if madrid made a world record bid, that is not 'a little cash'. it could go a long way to strenghting possibly beyond an arsenal team with vieira. remember the manager we have is one of the best at making the most of cash. there are three french players in our team. if vieira left, and pires got pissed off, he would be replaced too. he is 31 remember. i dont think he will leave though because he would not be able to play at the highest level anywhere else, i think he said that himself. henry would definately stay too, he likes what he has here. besides real wont be able to make two world record signings in the space of a season which is what would be required to sign henry.

i dont think this transfer will happen, its too much speculation at the moment. but it wont be a complete disaster if it did.

pamilih

beanz said:
_scorpion_ said:
This should be a sticky....save having to drum up the same crap every year.

Real want Viera...no sh*t?

I want a Porche 911 GT4.....

blah...blah...blah...etc etc ....im bored of this topic already. I was bored 3 years ago.....
Porche 911? So boring, go for a TVR Tuscan S, Costs a lot less, looks drop dead gorgeous, sounds like a real car not a souped up hairdryer, and leaves the porche choking on it's dust. No contest. IMHO 8)

No contest? Yes TVR will beat Porsche in the amount of time spent in the garage because the reliability is so poor.

Porsche is the world's best car company:

1. Their cars always set new benchmarks in terms of performance.
2. Depreciation is the lowest for sports cars and supercars. Imagine a humble Boxter only loses 6% of value in 3 years!
3. The company is the most profitable car company in the world: more than Euro 8000 net profit per car! Unlike TVR who is stuggling!
4. Growth of sales in the double digits in the past few years!

I don't know why people want a TVR compared to a Porsche.
TVR doesn't build its own engine. TVR does not use ABS dan airbags! Some models use plastic body. Finishing looks like weekend DIY project.

They don't produce cars. They are just fast gokarts for the weekend.

Sorry mate but that is the state of British automotive industry.

AlexH

pamilih said:
TVR doesn't build its own engine. TVR does not use ABS dan airbags! Some models use plastic body. Finishing looks like weekend DIY project.

TVR do make their own engines, the AJP V8 in the Cerbera and the Speed Six in the Tuscan, Tamora, T350 and Typhon. They stopped using the Rover V8 a while back. All of their cars have fibre-glass bodies, with the exception of the Typhon which is carbon fibre. I'm on my second Griffith, could have had a Boxster S for the same money, never regretted it, never looked back.

pamilih said:

Thats Caterham you're thinking of! :p

Back on topic...Patrick42 is talking utter sense...noone can be irreplaceable, and there are some other VERY talented younger players who wouldn't be entering the end of their career when we enter Ashburton Grove.

I don't understand why he'd want to go to them anyway, apart from greed at a new deal...its not like he's not well paid at Arsenal. Alot of the 'galacticos' are aging anyway...Zidane is 31, Figo is 31, Beckham is 29...and while I can't bothered to check, Roberto Carlos can't be a spring chicken anymore. Real are going to need some SERIOUS dosh to replace that lot when they retire, as they won't be able to flog them on to Portsmouth! Paddy can stay with a young team thats only going to get better, or go off to Real who won...let me see...have to count this on my fingers...ah yes...NOTHING last season.

thegame24

Established Member
Selling Vieira would be a very stpid move.

28 years old, he has at LEAST 6 years of TOP football in him, selling him for 30 million is a mistake.

He has also been with us for a long time now and he is still hungry to win things. You cannot find a player to fill his boots, oh yea and hes our capitano.

Chelsea are 100% proof that its not all about money.

So we get 30 million? then what? buy who? who can do what Vieira does? nobody (Well Zagorakis can :D but hes old now). Also real will probably take 30 years to pay us off.

Now back to the financial power we have, OK we do not compete with Madrid or Milan, however, in 2 years time we will be so why sell a player of Vieiras class?

Another point, this would show a very, very BIG sign of weakness of our board. It shows that we can crack with a certain price no matter the player and that isnt good when we are trying to become the best in the world. We must keep our best players and we must keep the base of the team which wenger created, like Lewd said, selling vieira would take us back instead of forward.

BTW Porsche Rules.

KingReyes

Established Member
patrick42uk said:

I agree that no player is bigger than the club, but certain players are bigger than others to win trophies and thats where Vieira stands. The only time to sell Vieira would be
A: If he wanted to leave
B: We got something better.

I can't see Vieira leaving nor can I see a player better than Paddy at the moment. We are trying to win trophies and you don't do this by selling you best players. Just because there is a lack of funds doesn't mean we should sell one of our most important players and start all over again. And just because he's 28 doesn't mean its the right time to sell. Shall we sell Henry when he's 28? Or should we have sold Bergy at 28? Or maybe Roy Keane should have been sold by Man Utd when he was 28.

You only need to sell if you need the money to build a winning team, we already have a winning team therefore no need to sell. Or we would sell if we are in massive debt, now unless we are in Leeds' situation we don't need to do that either. We have debt but we are in a position to control it.

beanz

pamilih said:
beanz said:
_scorpion_ said:
This should be a sticky....save having to drum up the same crap every year.

Real want Viera...no sh*t?

I want a Porche 911 GT4.....

blah...blah...blah...etc etc ....im bored of this topic already. I was bored 3 years ago.....
Porche 911? So boring, go for a TVR Tuscan S, Costs a lot less, looks drop dead gorgeous, sounds like a real car not a souped up hairdryer, and leaves the porche choking on it's dust. No contest. IMHO 8)

No contest? Yes TVR will beat Porsche in the amount of time spent in the garage because the reliability is so poor.

Porsche is the world's best car company:

1. Their cars always set new benchmarks in terms of performance.
2. Depreciation is the lowest for sports cars and supercars. Imagine a humble Boxter only loses 6% of value in 3 years!
3. The company is the most profitable car company in the world: more than Euro 8000 net profit per car! Unlike TVR who is stuggling!
4. Growth of sales in the double digits in the past few years!

Sorry mate but that is the state of British automotive industry.
Pamilih,
you've obviously never driven a TVR or you would'nt be saying such rubbish, I can see where you're coming from tho, along with most other Porsche owners who are more interested in residual value and image, rather than driving excitement and originality.
I'm glad alexh put the record straight about the engines.
TVR are also now making their own 6 speed sequential gearbox (not a modified auto box) all from their own premises in Blackpool. Think about supporting one of the few genuine British car makers left instead of knocking them :p

thegame24

Established Member
Oh yea and if Drogbas asking price is 27 million, i wouldnt accept 30 for Vieira.

More like 130million.

nnaife

Every player has his price and perez knows that, but i do hope the arsenal board stand strong and send him with his bid packing.

beanz

thegame24 said:
Beanz do you work for TVR or something?
Got a bit carried away there, did'nt I!
No, I don't work for them, just owned one (a 1989 350i model) for 8 years now & I've driven a few others too & when you get to my age and have driven literally 100's of different cars you want something a wee bit more exciting, (just for the weekend blasts) :mrgreen:

brianfrance

Established Member
I've just read that in the latest french news :
Le Real Madrid aime Patrick Vieira. Rien de bien nouveau à cela sauf que pour la première fois, les émissaires espagnol ne sont pas repartis bredouilles de Londres, annonce Marca. Les Gunners ont en effet fixé un prix pour Patrick Vieira: 42 millions d'euros... Une somme énorme d'autant que les Madrilènes sont également sur Emerson et Xabi Alonso. Mais Florentino Perez, le président réélu, aurait enfin celui qu'il considère le meilleur à ce poste. Ça n'a pas de prix...
:? :? Gunner has fixed the price, 42 M Euros (28M£) :?:

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
If we sold Anelka for £23m, Overmars for £25m, how do we accept anything less than £35m for the best player in his position in the world, a player who is also under contract for the next four years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom