• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Vieira deal progressing

Now over the years i have grown fed up with these rumours so now i no longer read any articles that mention players moving until it is official. However just looking on newsnow it is flooded with articles on madrid offering 30 mill and vieira in talks. This seems to have progressed from the rumours early this week. Does anyone know if there is any truth behind these, normally i would say know, but the amount of papers now reporting it and the way its progressing makes me think maybe paddy is considering his options. Anyone know any more?

Martin

Quick question- how long is Paddy´s contract with us?

Edit: ´He signed a lucrative three-year contract at Arsenal just a year ago.´ Gotta read more newspapers :p

quattro

is this any different than from last january's "henry is going to madrid" rumorfest?

vieira has said countless times last season that he is staying and that he is anticipating this "vieira going to madrid" rumor as it happens every year. obviously i know nothing concrete, but rather than pull my hair out looking at all the stuff at newsnow (most of which are just reprints of yesterdays' gossip) i would like to just put my faith in what vieira has said last season regarding the matter. the board wants him to stay, the players want him to stay, the fans want him to stay.

he will stay.

AlexH

thegame24 said:
Selling Vieira would be a very stpid move.

28 years old, he has at LEAST 6 years of TOP football in him, selling him for 30 million is a mistake.

Sorry but the vast majority of players aren't playing 'TOP' football at the age of 34...the fact that DB10 still is (and even then not up to his previous standards) is regularly commented on by the media because it is exceptional. Going by the vast majority, 31/32 is often where alot of players start to drop off in fitness/form/hunger quite markedly.

I'm sure everyone will agree that the only way he is leaving is if he wants to...ok the board could refuse to release him (I understand his contract doesn't have a buy-out clause), but that would probably be counter-productive on squad morale if he was made to stay having asked to go. It wouldn't be a sign of weakness from the board, because everyone will know it wasn't their decision.

If he does ask though, I fully agree with those who say no way should we take £30m...if they really think he's the best, they can pay through the f*cking nose for him...enough maybe so we could get two out of Gerrard/Kaka/Ballack.

Sammer

Established Member
AlexH,

it´s not like Gerrad/Ballack/Kaka are available as soon as you put cash down - all of these players play major roles at their clubs.

They all are within the Top 10 of the world best midfielders, so if the board ever decides to sell Viera ( which I strongly doubt !), they will have to secure a deal on one of the top class midfielders.

quattro

If he does ask though, I fully agree with those who say no way should we take £30m...if they really think he's the best, they can pay through the f*cking nose for him...enough maybe so we could get two out of Gerrard/Kaka/Ballack.
no way. do you guys really think that we can replace him that easily with £30m and still go on seamlessly with our football? how much will gerard cost? or ballack? kaka? will their clubs want to let them go... especially to us? can we get any two of those for £30m (because obviously, having any 1 of those is not enough)? and seeing that if we do get that money, we will have already lost our biggest advantage when bidding, that is everybody knows we have £30m! they will squeeze that dry from us! if he is going to leave, i say we get crazy money the kinds of offers that even we would be daft enough to refuse. £30m is still very easy to refuse, especially for a unique player like patrick vieira. if we really have to let him go, then lets make sure we bleed them because they will indeed be bleeding us.

on the lighter side of things vieira said this at the start of may in the Guardian:

So why, in the end, do he and Henry, generally believed to be the best players in the world in their positions, stay with a club which is neither the richest nor the most successful in Europe?

"Because I look at the players here" - he glanced around the dining room at Arsenal's high-tech training centre - "and I know we can achieve our dreams. It's true for Thierry and me and everybody else here that we want to play for a big club. With the new stadium and the young players coming in, we know Arsenal can achieve that. I've been here when we took a bus to training and a bus back to the hotel to have a shower. Now we have all this and we've seen the club improve year by year. This club has the potential to be one of the biggest in Europe. You'll see."

i still believe! :angel

KingReyes

Established Member
I will only start to worry about Vieira leaving Arsenal when the man himself and ONLY Vieira himself comes out and makes a statement stating his intentions to either stay or leave.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Re: Vieira deal progressing

theguvnor said:
Now over the years i have grown fed up with these rumours so now i no longer read any articles that mention players moving until it is official. However just looking on newsnow it is flooded with articles on madrid offering 30 mill and vieira in talks. This seems to have progressed from the rumours early this week. Does anyone know if there is any truth behind these, normally i would say know, but the amount of papers now reporting it and the way its progressing makes me think maybe paddy is considering his options. Anyone know any more?

progressing? madrid havent even made a bid. the reports that his agent met with madrid has been denied, by his agent. right now, i;m 100% certain he is staying. its amazing how all th papers have jumped on this story and its alll being based on that one quote by perez. reminds me of the mini-saga with rooney. there was so much paper talk about a move, but nobody was actually interested.

lol, I just went to newsnow, and with the exception of about 8 or 9 stories, the rest were all about vieira, there's even a man u site saying that Vieira should come to old trafford instead of Madrid for goodness sake. I agree with King Reyes, until Vieira himself says something about the situation, I will just assume that Paddy is going no where.

JazzG

Established Member
If you notice there is no other news in the papers, so the papers are pushing this article. I'll get worried when someone from Arsenal says something unconvincing about this situaiton which they haven't..........

bobbypires

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
The Spanish sports paper Marca is also reporting that Arsenal have put a £28m price-tag on Patrick Vieira.
They say too many things. As and Marca are crap. If you believe what they say, now R.Madrid would have 50 players in their team: Ljungberg, Totti, Henry, Vieira, Buffon, Ronaldinho, Gilardino, Emerson, Diverboy, Campbell, Joaquín... the full list could take me hours. :wink:

Sammer

Established Member
That´s what most journalists do anyway: copy and paste.

No worries here until Wenger or Paddy himself make a statement that he will leave.

marhes26

This **** is starting to bother me....someone ****ing ring vieira on holiday and get him to release a statement! :evil:

tbbosa

All is BS ...always BS!! Chelsea, Real, The sun and The Mirror is what constitutes a good peace of Bu**s**t with icing all over it!!!!! :( :(

Let them shove their millions up their a***s. ….so annoying, very annoying these rumors, every summer trying to destabilize our squad those smelly c**ts!!!!.

calvinngai88

What the hell is there to worry? Vieira has stated that this team of Arsenal's is surely going to win the CL in the next 3 seasons. So he does has an ambition here at AFC. I don't know why would he want to leave for Madrid and has to settle in, and moreover Madrid is having a big turnover, the defence might look stronger but there are always holes since Madrid is destined for 3 words, ATTACK, ATTACK, and ATTACK!~ Since Vieira likes to play with Zidane or vice-versa, Zidane likes to play with Vieira, why not this? Vieira to persuade Zidane to come over to Arsenal? Why must it be always players going to Madrid and not Madrid players going the other way? Just because they are rich? they are big, famous? Utter bullshit, though I know AFC might not have the funds for the Zidane move, I'm just stating a theory. a sensible one :D

I wish I were as confident as you all are. Even though Vieira's the best in the world at what he does, I don't think he's irreplaceable (in the long run, we can find a replacement)- but still it will be a major blow for us if he leaves in terms of our goals as a club. If the board allows his departure (or at least doesn't fight for Paddy) it would virtually mean giving up on our next campaign. I can't even imagine aiming for silverware with two technically disabled players such as Edu and Gilberto in our central midfield, to cope with the world's best.

I'm reading Freddie's comments and I don't really like what I see. Vieira has considered moving to Madrid in the past. I remember comments made by Lauren that he was asked by Paddy about life in Spain. now these comments by Ljungberg, pleading Vieira to stay at Highbury- perhaps they're not the same as Lauren's, but maybe he is considering a move to Spain once again- otherwise why would Freddie say such things...?

There is a good side in those comments- The knowledge that Freddie is still 100% commited to the club, and that he's not thinking about a move. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom