• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Established Member
KingReyes said:
Adam said:
Arsène isn't underhand like that with this.

Real Madrid have not made an offer or made any contact whatsoever with Arsenal. Wenger has not even spoken to Vieira as he knows nothing is happening.

The latest quotes have not come from Perez, or Camacho, but Butragueno - who is the only one NOT to talk about it so far. Marca are getting desperate with this creative writing crap, and have found their latest name to wack out. And i find it dissapointing your minds are being recessive puppy dogs to it. ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 931181.stm.

Even BBC have axed this story.

So relax, smoke that cigar, and speculate on Van Persie's brilliance, and Trabelsi's arrival.

Are you happy now :)

i guess they changed the link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 931181.stm

We are trying to uncover Vieira's psyche now. This is even more difficult than assesing his no-go to Madrid.

Anyway, regarding that story - it's Marca. That is all that needs to be said.

Henry14

Adam, if Patrick wanted to stay, he would've declared that. He's been back from Holiday for what 3-4 days, plenty of time to issue a once sentence statement to the press of his intentions...

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

But Adam, if this were a figment of Reals fevered imagination, it would only take a few words from Vieira (however tiresome it might be for him) to put it to bed once and for all.

So, either Vieira & Arsenal are super fly cool (possibly) or the story has SOME weight (probably?).

What pisses me off is that this story is running and running. And it that regard it does have the ring of the Anelka saga about it.

Then again, Vieira is no Anelka. I've been trying to persuade myself for weeks this story is crap.

leongsh

:roll:

This is really getting out of hand - can most of the people on this forum thread take a step back and take a deep breath while you are at it too.

Let's look at the facts and not opinions and news from pundits and newspaper "unnamed sources".

Yes, Real Madrid have now officially expressed interest in signing Patrick Vieira this season.

Also note that, Arsène Wenger and Arsenal have also expressed that they are not willing to sell Patrick Vieira to anyone now.

Patrick Vieira has not said anything to confirm or deny anything about all this to-date.

So, in the meantime, it's status quo with Patrick Vieira staying with Arsenal and being the club captain.

If Patrick Vieira does decide to leave Arsenal, there's nothing much you can do about it. Besides, the team have been able to function well without Vieira before for a number of games. If you have not noticed, someone in the team will always step up to show the way in each and every match - whether in attack, midfield, or defense - be it Patrick Vieira, Dennis Bergkamp, Sol Campbell, Thierry Henry, or any of the players out on the field. Vieira is the main heart of the team, but there are also 10 others out there on the field. Have you not supported Arsenal long enough to know that to be a Gunner is to persevere and succeed when the odds are firmly stacked against the team?

Allyboy

Established Member
Adam said:
Well, call it romantic - but maybe our captain is so strong mentally that he just blocks it all out and has faith that we have faith in him. Wenger has this same faith with Vieira, and with the board. It's a unilateral understanding with Arsenal.

Arseblogger will be shown up by his words. I frequent Arseblog, and i'd take what he says with a pinch of salt.

There is no comparison with the Anelka affair. Apart from it's Real Madrid.

If Vieira had that understanding and love for the club he would have come out and said "I am not leaving" and as opposed to the somewhat embarrasing "please, dont ask me these questions" resposne he gave. I bet if this had been Henry, we would have had a thorough debunking from Titi by now.

I am not commenting on Arsebloggers news sources Adam, I was referring to his point that of course we Arsenal fans do not want our captain to leave and can't see why he would want to, because the Arsenal captaincy is probably the job we would want more than anything in the world. But to him its his profession and he only has maybe 4-5 years left at the top and this is probably his last chance to play for arguably the biggest club in the world.

This is not exactly the same as the Anelka saga, but it is very similar regardless of the club.

If anyone is thinking that Vieira has no intentions or in fact never had any intentions of going to Real whatsoever then you are being dillusional, though I can understand why.

I am not saying he will definitely leave but the fact he has not commented shows that he is clearly seeing leaving as a possibilty.

How much of a possibilty will be seen in the next few days it would appear....

Adam

Established Member
We see that one source - Marca's Butragueno's quotes - has sparked a media frenzy on newsnow.

Before this, a few hours ago on this thread - everyone was confident he was staying.

I would evaluate everyones reception to the media. In something as emotional as this - we let fear overtake logic.

lee1001

Established Member
leongsh said:
:roll:

Have you not supported Arsenal long enough to know that to be a Gunner is to persevere and succeed when the odds are firmly stacked against the team?

Nobody is saying the team is going to fall apart if Vieira leaves.

Adam

Established Member
Allyboy - those 'please not now' rape-esque comments came from a Spanish reporter too i believe. They are in hope over there in Madrid.

KingReyes

Established Member
Adam said:
Well, call it romantic - but maybe our captain is so strong mentally that he just blocks it all out and has faith that we have faith in him. Wenger has this same faith with Vieira, and with the board. It's a unilateral understanding with Arsenal.

Arseblogger will be shown up by his words. I frequent Arseblog, and i'd take what he says with a pinch of salt.

There is no comparison with the Anelka affair. Apart from it's Real Madrid.

Would it have been so hard to make an official statement on the OFFICIAL website that he is staying. If Arsène Wenger was good enough to say it why couldn't Vieira do the same. If he was staying he would have quashed all these rumours by now, but it looks like he was prepared to wait for the move to become reality while training with Arsenal if things don't work out. I seriously do hope I am wrong about this but its not looking good.

Allyboy

Established Member
Adam, why has Vieria not killed this story?

The media was red hot with "Henry to Chelsea" stories....... for about two days then Henry said he loved Arsenal and would not play for Chelsea and that killed them off.

All Vieria has had to do is say three words: "I AM STAYING".

Has he said them? No!

Why? Because he is thinking of leaving!!

If you can give me a satisfactory answer why if, he has no intention of going and loves this club and our fans, he has not come out and quashed the rumours you are more a man than I :wink:

patrick42uk

Established Member
i tell you what, if this is actually happening, the players must be aware of it. so far there looks like there is no panic. the players are getting down to training and there is no evidence of unrest. hopefully that is a sign they feel they can acheive things without vieira. thats what we would need to do, move and not dwell on it.

Henry14

I'm with Allyboy. All the those in the camp that PV is staying have no being able to provide an answer to that question. If he wants to stay, why hasn't he said so?

Allyboy

Established Member
We are in the best position to cope with his loss than we ever have been.

Personally, I would be more worried if we lost Sol, we won big games without Vieira last year, but looked somewhat defencively suscpetable without Campbell.

Adam

Established Member
KingReyes - He has only had one day of training really - it is likely they haven't had the chance. Arsenal.com haven't interviewed any players in Austria yet, only Wenger since they have been there. Who knows? They may get access to him soon, or may not have access at all.

Allyboy - Wenger has given every excuse why Vieira hasn't - he has given so many excuses that he would lose credibility if Vieira did actually go. He has denied it much more than any other signing, and Wenger never denies players are leaving and then they leave (bar this Anelka special circumstance thing) - he admits, or at least says 'of course it's a possiblity if he wants to'. He has come out battling, and frankly - i have been convinced by it, and have faith that the sources of information working against us are weak.

lee1001

Established Member
Ha ha...with Carvalho gone to Chelsea (one of Real's targets) we could be starting a thread on Sol to Real soon!!

Oh and who's post is gonna break the 100 page thread mark?? :)

Adam

Established Member
“If you have to come out and deny everything that is written you have a big job to do,” said the manager

That is Vieira's philosophy too. He is tired of it. We can either accept it, or make up our own ideas and speculate around that.

JGooner

The certainty with which BBC radio presenters are talking about this move is ****ing me off. Some idiot, talking about Liverpool, has just said "they have managed to keep Gerrard, whereas Arsenal have lost Vieira, so..."

Wankers.

Adam

Established Member
What is beautiful about this is...

With Arsène - you can confidently say ANY player is replaceable.

Because he uses his insight to find them, and then moulds them within this system. His insight will always exist, as will new talent developing = new defensive midfielders for Arsenal and possibly of Vieira's standard and beyond. They will at least fulfill what Arsène demands in a CM.

And may i add - any differing opinion to that is largely emotional attachment wish wash clouding logic. They will think that because they get scared of transition, and then say something rash to justify their fear. Well, my friends, this approach is tosh.

Every player can be replaced within Arsenals system - with Wengers insight.

Vieira has had two major injuries in the past two seasons and our system and unity has brought us through. With a replacement of a high standard - i don't think it would be too detrimental, but of course you will have to get used to what that player brings, and what we have lost with Patricks departure.

Wengers approach is to take positive action upon targetted weaknesses. He thinks them through, and buys players to combat them. He saw we lacked a left foot balance in midfield when Petit left - so he went and got Edu; and Edu has been fantastic this season alongside Vieira.

But he's not leaving. So in discussing this - i feel nonsensical.

KingReyes

Established Member
Adam said:
“If you have to come out and deny everything that is written you have a big job to do,” said the manager

That is Vieira's philosophy too. He is tired of it. We can either accept it, or make up our own ideas and speculate around that.

I like your positive attitude towards this Adam, including the chances of him getting interviewed by Arsenal.com. But seriously now is the time to say something, they are now saying he agreed terms surely this has gone too far not to say anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom