• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pedro Neto

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Can't say I watch that much of Wolves (other than when they play us or the occasional other top 6 side), but they are a relentlessly boring side. So I haven't noticed Neto all that much and his stats look extremely underwhelming. What's the hype around him? Genuine question from someone that's ignorant of him.
Stylistically he’s in the Martinelli mould. Great left foot, tenacious, direct, loves to press, head-down dribbler and strong for his size. His stats aren’t impressive but as a whole Wolves aren’t really known for their attacking prowess so the whole team suffers for it. Neto came to the Emirates two years ago and absolutely tore us a new one, along with Podence tbf. Neto is a good player and I like him. It’s a smart signing. His stock has taken a hit due to a long term injury, he won’t come in and expect a starting spot but can push for one in the future, he’s young and developing and he’s a Gooner.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Can't say I watch that much of Wolves (other than when they play us or the occasional other top 6 side), but they are a relentlessly boring side. So I haven't noticed Neto all that much and his stats look extremely underwhelming. What's the hype around him? Genuine question from someone that's ignorant of him.
Wolves recently with no decent strikers and Podence/Traore just don't have a cutting edge.

The excitement is about his performances in the 20/21 season and the 19/20 season when he broke through. He got 3+3 G/A in 900 minutes when he was 19 and then 6+5 when he was 20 before a major injury (fbref). So on the face of it, they are decent but not incredible numbers but that's in a Wolves team who only managed 38 goals in total - so he was involved in nearly 30% of their goals that season... And then you watch him play - electric running and dribbling, all kinds of technical tricks + very decent all round attacking stats (Key passes, crossing, shot creating actions etc). Considering the difficulty of the PL compared to Germany, France or Portugal for example, there's no doubt that he was one of the most promising wingers in his age group at the time.

Hasn't really put it together yet since the injury so that's the big question mark, but those of us who are excited about this one think that he's got huge potential.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Keep in mind that we signed Vieira for 35m. He seems to be our risk investment with future potential. Had we not signed him then maybe a risk on Neto and his injury is possible. For me, no. I think he is a year off from evaluation.

If we have only one signing left, the player must have an immediate impact. The time is now, we need to be more urgent.
I understand ur point if push came 2 shove & we only had 1 signing left I may take tielemans. However I think this boy is seriously talented & not yet near his ceiling. If the knee injury wasn't an issue no doubt he is the more exciting out of the 2.

Jabintendo

I really hope we buy him. A quick and direct winger who is a real threat.
If we wait another year he may be out of our price range plus he is already adapted to the premiere league.
We should prioritise a wide player as ESR, Viera and Lokonga can fill in for xhaka who is usually our more durable player. We also play Zinchenko there and bring tierney in at LB so we have enough options

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Wolves recently with no decent strikers and Podence/Traore just don't have a cutting edge.

The excitement is about his performances in the 20/21 season and the 19/20 season when he broke through. He got 3+3 G/A in 900 minutes when he was 19 and then 6+5 when he was 20 before a major injury (fbref). So on the face of it, they are decent but not incredible numbers but that's in a Wolves team who only managed 38 goals in total - so he was involved in nearly 30% of their goals that season... And then you watch him play - electric running and dribbling, all kinds of technical tricks + very decent all round attacking stats (Key passes, crossing, shot creating actions etc). Considering the difficulty of the PL compared to Germany, France or Portugal for example, there's no doubt that he was one of the most promising wingers in his age group at the time.

Hasn't really put it together yet since the injury so that's the big question mark, but those of us who are excited about this one think that he's got huge potential.
I don’t know who he benches but if he continues to develop on similar trajectory to before his injury then he’s benching somebody.

Makavelii

Anyone else feel incredibly bias when we’re linked to players who were childhood gooners?

I still cry into my pillow that we never signed Zaha and I’m desperately hoping we sign Neto. Feels like I can live through them or something.

Also - Neto seems like such a nice funny dude. Would fit our dressing room and made for great quality backstage clips.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anyone else feel incredibly bias when we’re linked to players who were childhood gooners?

I still cry into my pillow that we never signed Zaha and I’m desperately hoping we sign Neto. Feels like I can live through them or something.

Also - Neto seems like such a nice funny dude. Would fit our dressing room and made for great quality backstage clips.

You should stop crying about Zaha. He had the choice of going to us or United and he chose them because they offered more money. Hardly a gooner.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

You should stop crying about Zaha. He had the choice of going to us or United and he chose them because they offered more money. Hardly a gooner.
And he was another bright one who priced himself out of a move by making a long extension. Of course Palace asked like 100 million upfront with that contract. He didn't even have a bad injury as the basis for the extension - it's Harry Kane levels of stupidity.

REWB

Mods can we lock this thread too? There have been no further Links to Neto. Wolves dont want to sell/We aren't going to match the price they want for him. This is dead.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Mods can we lock this thread too? There have been no further Links to Neto. Wolves dont want to sell/We aren't going to match the price they want for him. This is dead.
None of those are from reliable sources or straight up speculation.

News by Ornstein is recent, only a few days left in the transfer window so further news could happen any moment. Don't see the point in closing this except to end the unbearable discussion. The transfer itself is still very much on.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It's very hard to see this happening unless Wolves is in some kind of FFP or financial trouble, Mendes has them on total strings or Arsenal somehow miraculously has zero problems with FFP and can spend very much money an a winger.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's very hard to see this happening unless Wolves is in some kind of FFP or financial trouble, Mendes has them on total strings or Arsenal somehow miraculously has zero problems with FFP and can spend very much money an a winger.
If this can't happen then the club should've already moved on. The number of forwards wolves buying and inability to get rid of adama Traore make this interesting every player has price we likely need to pay alot upfront to make this happen.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Might be that Wolves would view a £50m offer for him as very tempting even without Mendes involvement tbf.

They desperately need goals, although Neto is highly rated he hasn't done anything for over a season now. There are two ways of looking at every transfer and £50m might be his peak value. I was a huge fan of him but even so think it would be crazy going north of £50m given his form and recent injury. They might never get an offer like that for him again...

We'll have to see, Pino or Zaha as possible backup options gives us a bit of negotiating clout as well. All depends whether Wolves want to sell or not.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Don’t know why my post about my Wolves mate is funny. In case people don’t know, Wolves is 20 minutes from where I live. The guy I work with is a season ticket holder and says Neto is inconsistent.

People on here seem to get high on links very quickly, and don’t want to hear anything negative about them.

Doubt most of this forum has ever seen Neto play a full game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom