• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Penalties against Arsenal

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

4 penalties against us so far this season in the league,

The soft Sterling flop against City (losing 1-0)
Richarlison diving into Bellerin (winning 1-0)
Chambers handball according to Dean (winning 1-0)
Hazard breaks his leg from the slightest of contacts (winning 1-0)

It's a bit too obvious now, I think the FA will have to start telling their refs to start giving us red cards instead of pens to make it less clear.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The soft Sterling flop against City (losing 2-1 )

It's a bit too obvious now, I think the FA will have to start telling their refs to start giving us red cards instead of pens to make it less clear.

Thought we were down 1-0 against City when they got the penalty right? The offside goal in that game was a momentum killer as well when we were trying to come back.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Thought we were down 1-0 against City when they got the penalty right? The offside goal in that game was a momentum killer as well when we were trying to come back.
My bad, it was 1-0 yeah. I remembered something going against us at 2-1. :lol:

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I forgot about the Richarlison one, that was a really terrible decision, on par with the Chambers one for me. We've definitely been shafted a bit.

Sterling's penalty was kind of clumsy defending from Monreal, but I think that was a harsh decision.

And I still think that last night's one, albeit soft, is a penalty.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

The penalties we've been denied might be even worse..

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Its been clear for a long, long time. What surprises me is that people are still: surprised. The whole world is a joke, everything is just one big show for idiots who breath on this planet. What we humnas like to do is sit down and take it. Instead of waking up and seeing things clear and use our brain to deal with it, we let us get brainwashed, over and over again.
Premierleague, just like every other league, is all set up. There are known ways of how its done, but there are unknown stuff too. Why? Money and power, of course. Why dont player or coaches say it out loud? Cause they lose all the money and their careers end there, but thats just the beginning as after that they would fear for lives of their loved ones.
People, its all just a theater for us. Now, you dont have to run away from it. Just because some decided to kill the sport I like, doesnt mean I’ll give up. I can still watch it, enjoy it, and ignore the ‘set up’ part. But in order to do that I had to accept the fact its all a joke and act first, so I could concentrate on the part I like, without getting annoyed or hurt everytime there is a sign of cheating, which happens on average every 2 minutes in EVERY single football match there is.
The ignorance of thinking league table is the fair show of how good or bad someone is...

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I forgot about the Richarlison one, that was a really terrible decision, on par with the Chambers one for me. We've definitely been shafted a bit.

Sterling's penalty was kind of clumsy defending from Monreal, but I think that was a harsh decision.

And I still think that last night's one, albeit soft, is a penalty.
That's fair, but the Sterling and Hazard ones are hardly ever given, especially against the top sides. We seem to get the softest of the lot against us, the Watford and West Brom pens were as bad as it gets.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I think we should make a deal with opponents from now. You can have two free penalties at the start of the game if you forfeit ones that might happen in game.

Preacher

Always Crying
In my country we have a chant for referees, when they're subpar:

"F*ck you referees"

It's time to chant this at the Emirates.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I'll still never agree that there's some type of systemic agenda against us. We've been unlucky lately and there are some refs not up to it, but if you want to look into it we've had some fortunate decisions too.

Mustafi offside v Sp**s
Lacazette offside v Sp**s
West Brom clear penalty denied earlier in the season

Last night, Wilshere could've easily got a second yellow card for diving.

If you go back to last season you'll probably see the same - we got some terrible calls against us but also in our favour.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'll still never agree that there's some type of systemic agenda against us. We've been unlucky lately and there are some refs not up to it, but if you want to look into it we've had some fortunate decisions too.

Mustafi offside v Sp**s
Lacazette offside v Sp**s
West Brom clear penalty denied earlier in the season

Last night, Wilshere could've easily got a second yellow card for diving.

If you go back to last season you'll probably see the same - we got some terrible calls against us but also in our favour.
The lucky ones towards us are nowhere near the amount that have gone so badly against us its getting ridiculous & laughable against the referees these days mate. You wonder why there are no PL referees been picked in the WC this year, because these guys are a joke in the refereeing world!

CJJ

Established Member
It might look bad right now, but these things even out over time.

If you look at the big picture (over years) we've been given as many penalties as our direct rivals, but we have more against us, which i think comes down to poor defence rather than referee decisions. (again, big picture here)
Liverpool's stats are very much like us and they suffer from the same problems which is shambolic defending.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Premier_League_Penalty_Statistics.html

Last edited:

FinnGooner

Established Member
All the pens are pretty soft, yes, but I think the Richarlison dive is the only one that's complete farce. That was a blatant dive and pretty clumsy one as well. You could see without any replays that it was not a pen. The Chambers handball was unlucky but the handball rule is so convoluted that you can give it. The others, while rarely given, are in concordance with the rule book. I think the one against City is pretty identical to the one we won against Burnley and Bellerin did hit Hazard, who as a little rat that he is, made the most of it. Those are given more often than I'd care for.

The is no conspiracy. Just inconsistent refereeing. We need to start taking our chances, stop those massive defensive **** ups and stop whining about refs. That's the only way we can improve our results

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

The soft Sterling flop against City (losing 1-0)

We have conceded the most penalties (14) in a season and a half ? according to orbinho don't know the exact time frame .

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

What annoys the **** out of me is that we concede some amazingly soft penalties at the Emirates. Ref's are not at all afraid to blow the whistle against us at home. Typically, big club at home - generally there is some 'slight' advantage to the home team for these 50-50 decisions but for whatever reason, we get crucified with the 'letter to the law' type pens that infuriate us because there's no ****ing way we'd have got a pen like the Hazard one at Stamford Bridge.

There's no conspiracy but referees are not afraid to make 50-50 calls against us. Would you have seen that call given at Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge or even City? I'm betting no way.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Corrupted league. I had that impression last year and I am beginning to have it again now. It looks like it is predetermined which team is going to win the league at some stage or just before the season begins.

Jojoba

Stop moaning. We have got some contentious decisions too this season. That’s football. Lets just become a better all round team and then start moaning. We have we have been a joke of a team for a few seasons now, we are stagnant/ dormant.

Lets sort ourselves out first.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Stop moaning. We have got some contentious decisions too this season. That’s football. Lets just become a better all round team and then start moaning. We have we have been a joke of a team for a few seasons now, we are stagnant/ dormant.

Lets sort ourselves out first.

You know it's possible to exist in both camps right? There's no rule saying we can't bemoan the fact that referees seem to award soft penalties to our opponents while simultaneously recognising that we're ****.

Top Bottom