• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pennant ban from FA cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxGoonaStuxX

Yeah, If he did play for them he wouldn't be eligible to play for us when he comes back. Good decision cause FA Cup is a good time for the youngsters. However when he does come back I wold like to see him start a couple games. Maybe rotate Pennant and Ljungberg.

Mark

Established Member
this is good because it means wenger does see pennant playing for us in the near future. maybe he can have an impact on our FA Cup run this year.

Jinn

Established Member
Yep. I would expect Pennant not to have his loan period extended any further then.

Wenger evidently either expects him to play for our FA Cup team, or he's worried that he might score against us, or somehow impede our progress.

satan_beckham

at least we know now that pennant is still wanted by wenger and not some french crap like some ppl says...he will be fighting for a place with ljungberg,wow that goods,at least now hes ahead of wiltord and parlour,at first i was worried when his loan deal was extended months after months,now at least we know he will come back soon.i also want volz to return,fight for a place with lauren,toure just cannot play on the right,he is better off playing centre

The Mini

There are scornful reasons to ban someone from playing agaisnt his proper employer... such as because the loaned player is too good, but that is a good reason by wenger

Feis-al

Polishgunner, There you are:

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger has revealed he intends to ban Jermaine Pennant from facing the Gunners in next month's FA Cup third-round tie against Leeds.

Wenger has agreed to extend Pennant's loan spell at Leeds for another month, which encompasses the cup tie at Elland Road on January 4.

The Arsenal boss allowed Pennant to face Arsenal in the Barclaycard Premiership last month, when the Gunners won 4-1, arguing that it was morally indefensible to do otherwise as the midfielder could influence games against other clubs.

However, Wenger is unwilling to allow him to face effectively his own club in the FA Cup, primarily because it would rule him out of appearing for Arsenal in any future rounds.

"His loan has been extended again for another month but I don't think I will let him play in the FA Cup tie as he would be cup-tied and wouldn't be able to play for us later if he came back," he explained.

Wenger is nevertheless impressed at how Pennant has been progressing during his loan spell at Elland Road, becoming a first-team regular.

The Arsenal boss, who will consider next week whether to also extend defender Moritz Volz's loan spell at Fulham, added: "Jermaine Pennant has been looking very good and I'm happy for him to be playing.

"If he came back then he'd fight for a place with Freddie Ljungberg and he could lose three or four months of competition. At his age, I think that's vital."

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Funny how Wenger's done this just as Pennan't form was improving. Pennant is Leeds' only real creative threat so that's virtually diminished now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom