• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

pennant extends stay

seanconvey66

Dnt think hell be back at all. My uncle told me of an interview in the Highbury and Islington Express with Bentley. It said that he asked to go out on loan but Wenger didnt want him too as he wanted him to learn how to play football the Arsenal way at Highbury. So if Pennant was in our plans wouldnt this also apply to him?

reggiepaul

seanconvey66 said:
Dnt think hell be back at all. My uncle told me of an interview in the Highbury and Islington Express with Bentley. It said that he asked to go out on loan but Wenger didnt want him too as he wanted him to learn how to play football the Arsenal way at Highbury. So if Pennant was in our plans wouldnt this also apply to him?

Applies the same for both. Maybe we will see Bentley learn something and then later be put on loan after some experience like Pennant is being done now.

The Mini

Pennant is on the road to Transferdom, can he just extend his loan until the end of the season, then get sold to them?

chris66

The interesting thing is that there is no way Leeds will buy him - chances are they will be relegated and go bankrupt. The issue is if Arsène doesn't want him (which we realy don't know yet), has he done enough to make any other big team interested. Somehow I doubt it - perhaps he will be a make weight with West Ham for a deal for Defoe! So far he looks more like a Charlton, Everton or Spuds class player than an Arsenal one.

seanconvey66

Applies the same for both. Maybe we will see Bentley learn something and then later be put on loan after some experience like Pennant is being done now.

Remember hes been on loan a couple of times before whilst younger than bentley well in his 1st spell at least, dont think hes in the plans. If he was would be back now to aid the striker crisis.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
I think it's an excellent idea to leave him there on loan. His talent has never been in question, just his attitude, and what better way to check a players attitude than to see them in a relegation dog fight?

seanconvey66

I dont think he will learn too much that he will be able to apply to arsenal, they play a completely different style of football to us, in a completely different situation, have different aims and he is not playing the way he would be at arsenal, hes more defensive. The only things he will gain are determination and an insight into prem defences. In my opinion he would have learnt more at Arsenal.

Jinn

Established Member
No, he'll get the idea that you can't be an idiot and expect to play at the top level, challenging for things. He needs to learn how to approach the game professionally in order to succeed.

Taozhe

Ashley cole has been on loan at several clubs as well until he was like ... 22? Now he is a starting lineup for Arsenal and country :)

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom