• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pennant: I'm going to be Arsène's best summer signing

Gurgen

Established Member
He seems really up for it, the way he's manifested himself over the last few weeks. Nice to see him back on track.

Jinn

Established Member
It's good to see him with that kind of mentality.

I guess he appreciates now how lucky he is to be an Arsenal player and not have to deal with the threat of relegation every season. The Leeds loan was good for him.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
i never knew he was a summer signing .....

But yea i think he has what it takes to make it at Arsenal and i have high hopes for him. He seems commited and hungry for success.

I just hope he gets a new contract before the season starts.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
At the very end of the article Bergkamp says ....

"We've always had five top-quality strikers, so it's no different from any other season.

5 ? 1. Reyes...2. Bergkamp....3. Henry.......4. V.Persie......5. Aliadiere

He forgot Jeffers !!

johe

He'll have to compete with Freddie for a spot, and if Fred shows the same form he did last season, I can see Pennant starting quite alot of games. On the other hand, now Fred's position is under threat for the first time in a long while, and he may raise his game to 01/02 levels.
Competition is always nice. :)

calvinngai88

If Ljungberg doesn't improve in his form, or if he gets injured unfortunately, Pennant will get a run on the right flank. :D

DOUBLE-YOU

with parlour and wilturd gone, pennant has to play if freddie is out. i can see no other alternative unless bobby is played on the right

MightyArsenal

Pennant Just needs to use the ball better instead of running it out of bumping into players and losing posession, He also needs to up his defensive play, he cant just stand still because freddie doesnt do that, pennant has got to chase every ball down!

patrick42uk

Established Member
for all ljunberg's faults going forward, he is very disciplined and hard working down that right side. we need that because pires usually has the liscence to attack and drifts inwards. in effect, the right winger operates as a hardworking cm, hence wengers preference for the likes of gilberto and parlour on the right side. pennant needs to be a lot more hard working. he could get in the side though if edu plays down the left with the onus being on him to get forward, but i think he is a long way off getting the trust from wenger needed for that reponsibility.

Adam

Established Member
I reckon Arsène thinks it would be a risk to play Pennant at RM away from home.

calvinngai88

Wonder if MightyArsenal and patrick42uk have watched the pre-season friendlies? Pennant chased every ball and had ran about in the field. He didn't get any support from Lauren as he did not make any overlapping runs at all. Thus Pennant had to cut-in himself, which was often successful. Maybe Jose Reyes 2004 can help me clarify this too. :D

Andrew

It's easier said than done. Good luck to him though. Let's hope he can take a leaf from Parlour's book.

Sol man

thegreatbriton said:
Hope he does well, doubt he will. Seems to have the wrong attitude (driving ban, quizzed over alleged rape, partying)
Couldn't care less what problems that he has had in the past as long as he is ready to change. We have idolised playewrs that have had off field problems(Adams and Merson) what make JP any different. WHat he needs is our support not everyone slagging him off.

thegreatbriton

Wenger won't play someone who doesn't subscribe to his clean living, totally focussed way of life. He sold Merson and Wrighty because they couldn't do that. Tony Adams decided he would and prolonged his career by 4 or 5 years. If JP can do that then he will eb a success, and I hope he is. However i doubt he will.

Secondly I don't think his style of play is suited to us. he puts in crosses, rather than short quick passing, and we dont get people into the box enough to score from his crossing.

calvinngai88

Well, thegreatbriton, you're wrong then. Many of Pennant's crosses have been met by Arsenal players, Bergkamp, Cesc, RVP, Reyes. His crosses are not high balls, just curling mid-air long passes that are whipped into the six-yard box. :D

Sol man

thegreatbriton said:
Wenger won't play someone who doesn't subscribe to his clean living, totally focussed way of life. He sold Merson and Wrighty because they couldn't do that. Tony Adams decided he would and prolonged his career by 4 or 5 years. If JP can do that then he will eb a success, and I hope he is. However i doubt he will.

Secondly I don't think his style of play is suited to us. he puts in crosses, rather than short quick passing, and we dont get people into the box enough to score from his crossing.
What makes Adams different? Afterall Jp's problems have not been anywhere as bad as Adams so why do you feel that he cannot change?

thegreatbriton

Well, for starters he has been at the club for a long time already, yet even when the squad was thin (like last year) wenger didn't keep him at the club. From a reasonably reliable source (a trainee at the club via the gooner) he arrogant and no-one likes him at the club. He broke a curfew on his England under 21 debut, and to be honest you wouldn't do tht if you held long term ambitions to make the national side.

Once agian though i must re-iterate I would love him to prove me wrong and succeed.

Sol man

Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
At the very end of the article Bergkamp says ....

"We've always had five top-quality strikers, so it's no different from any other season.

5 ? 1. Reyes...2. Bergkamp....3. Henry.......4. V.Persie......5. Aliadiere

He forgot Jeffers !!
No he didn't. He said 5 top quality strikers[/b]

Latest posts

Top Bottom