• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pennant: I'm going to be Arsène's best summer signing

His wages are 20,000 Pounds a week?!

It's good that he has ambitions and determination, I really wish him well, but I don't see AW preferring Pennant over Ljungberg. I think Freddie had a pretty good season last year, not as good as 2001-02 naturally, but he did put out some great displays. He was great for Sweden in Euro 2004, I thought he was the best Arsenal player in Portugal as he shown his talent not only as a winger but also proved to be quite a good playmaker. if Freddie continues his form, hopefully, I don't see any room for Jermaine to play regularly. with his contract expiring next season and with his high wages (at least according to the article), I'm afraid he'll leave next summer, maybe even in January.

goonerlove

Freddie is still #1 but JP will provide cover, give rest to Freddie, and push him to be at the top of his game. Competition in healthy at this level and I am glad JP seems to have developed and got his head right - he can help Arsenal this year - perhaps we can win 2 or 3 of the 4 competitions rather than just one.

Goonerlove

Senght

I think he will oust Freddy out of the squad if Freddy coninues last season's form and if Pennant's crosses continue to come in thick and fast.

A season at Leeds certainly did wonders to him :p

timberford

i dunno how anyone can claim that season at leeds did wonders for pennant and he'll be first choice ahead of ljungberg before the season is over.

this season hasn't even started yet!! wait for him to prove himself in an arsenal shirt before u go claiming anything.

weelip

Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
At the very end of the article Bergkamp says ....

"We've always had five top-quality strikers, so it's no different from any other season.

5 ? 1. Reyes...2. Bergkamp....3. Henry.......4. V.Persie......5. Aliadiere

He forgot Jeffers !!

subconciously admitting that Jeffers aint top quality? :lol: :lol: :lol:

kazu

yes, with his new attitude he could even outshine all our signings... i sure have high hopes for him...

every season we see something different from each player, which is why i'm hoping that jeffers can prove something too! :wink:

weelip

timberford said:
i dunno how anyone can claim that season at leeds did wonders for pennant and he'll be first choice ahead of ljungberg before the season is over.

this season hasn't even started yet!! wait for him to prove himself in an arsenal shirt before u go claiming anything.

What Senght is saying is the big "IF". He aint claiming anything yet. None of us here knows how Pennant is gonna perform. But we are just having a presumption that if Freddie remains around last season's standards, and Pennant continues to improve, he will naturally oust freddie from the starting 11.

Oh and just to note, wat was generally agreed here is that the kid always got the talent. His archilles heels has always been his attitude. Apparently Pennant seems to be more focus on his football when compared to previous season. So what is the problem with saying the season at leeds did wonders for Pennant?

A

Anonymous

Adam said:
I reckon Arsène thinks it would be a risk to play Pennant at RM away from home.

I agree.

In the Leeds game where we won 4-1 two or three years ago, Pennant came on at 3-0 to us.

Within 5 minutes it was 3-1.
Harry Kewell ran straight passed Pennat to score for Leeds.

Wenger got up off the bench, came right to the side of the pitch and gave JP one hell of a bollocking. You hardly ever see him do this sort of thing.

Things like this will always be in Wengers mind.

But with Freddie being more and more injury prone, and frankly useless, Pennant must get some games this season.
If Wenger sticks Gilberto out on the right instead of Pennant, then thats his career over here.

KingReyes

Established Member
Its JP's time to shine. Nice to see him putting up a fight to cement his place in the squad. Hopefully he can succeed and be a hit ay highbury.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Sol said:
Adam said:
I reckon Arsène thinks it would be a risk to play Pennant at RM away from home.

I agree.

In the Leeds game where we won 4-1 two or three years ago, Pennant came on at 3-0 to us.

Within 5 minutes it was 3-1.
Harry Kewell ran straight passed Pennat to score for Leeds.

Wenger got up off the bench, came right to the side of the pitch and gave JP one hell of a bollocking. You hardly ever see him do this sort of thing.

I remember that game. Pennant came on and set up Arsenal's fourth goal with one of the most sublime through-balls you are ever likely to see.
I think Jermaine has improved the defensive side of his game great over the last season. After all he was only a teenager when we beat Leeds the season before last.
I think Arsène's problem with Pennant has always been about attirude. Don't forget that Pennant scored a hat-trick against Southampton but Wenger still farmed him out to Leeds last season. So that shows how Wenger wasn't happy with Pennant's attitude. Pennant's ability has never been doubted and now he knows its time to knuckle down and work hard.

Henry IV

Pennant tried to take on three Leeds players instead of passing to Henry. Matteo took the ball of him, fed Viduka and the Aussie scored the goal that gave Man Utd the Premiership trophy in 2003.

imbak

I hope Freddie likes sitting down, coz he's gonna be on the bench for the most of the season.

Come on Pennant

zerofeel

Pennant can make the breakthrough if he continues with this new found positive mentality he is showing in pre-season games..seem to have a great understanding with Bergy and his crosses are quality ones that oftentimes lead to goals ..just hope he sticks to this new attitude change cos he has shown so much potential and will be a waste if Wenger doesnt even get him on the subs bench ..with this form,he will give Freddie a fight for the right mid spot and pressure Fred to regain that old form of his... glad to see that Arsenal squad is still one to be reckoned with despite the ongoing Viera transfer saga which has overshadowed the great form of the youths in pre-games matches.

zerofeel

Pennant can make the breakthrough if he continues with this new found positive mentality he is showing in pre-season games..seem to have a great understanding with Bergy and his crosses are quality ones that oftentimes lead to goals ..just hope he sticks to this new attitude change cos he has shown so much potential and will be a waste if Wenger doesnt even get him on the subs bench ..with this form,he will give Freddie a fight for the right mid spot and pressure Fred to regain that old form of his... glad to see that Arsenal squad is still one to be reckoned with despite the ongoing Viera transfer saga which has overshadowed the great form of the youths in pre-games matches.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom