• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pennant to Madrid??

Mark

Established Member
It depends how much they are willing to offer. I'd rather we kept him because he'd make a useful squad player, but if the money is right we could replace him with someone better I suspect.

Gregwin04

i cant see that 1 happaning we have already lost parlor we cant realy afford to loose any more midfielders evan if they are squad players

sienna

Man our players are in demand aren't they? Vieira, Campbell, Edu and now Pennant. Nope I seriously doubt Pennant will be let go.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Wenger gets rid of Pennant it would be the biggest mistake he's ever made - and Arsène hardly ever makes mistakes.

Imo Pennant is the second biggest talent in england - right after Rooney - i rate him highly and expect him to give freddie the fight of his life for the RM position next season.

He wont be sold and thats the end of it !!

Henry14

I'm shocked there's been no interest in Freddy. I assume most teams are waiting to see if JP gets back on Arsène's good side...

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm shocked there's been no interest in Freddy. I assume most teams are waiting to see if JP gets back on Arsène's good side...

Inter wanted one of Pires or Freddy a few months back and i think so did Juventus. Madrid were linked with him at one stage - but he does not want to leave the club and he's made that pretty clear. (u hear that, paddy !?) ;D

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Did anyone see football Diaries? It was between Pennant & Dyer for biggest Numpty. I reckon they would both play with their silly woolly hats on if allowed :D

I feel pennant has a problem shared with a lot of young english players, too much money too young/ bad attitude/big egos. Maybe its our (lack of)culture? On the whole foreign youngsters seem to be far more disciplined & professional in their career & less problematic because of it. I know many people at the club have been very dissapointed in him & it will take a lot before they see him as a reliable human being, let alone a pro footballer fit to grace the red & white shirt.
I hope he has learnt from his mistakes & has a decent career but i feel it will take a long term lifestyle commitment from him & will he do that?
A few months hard work coz he wants a new improved contract could be what he puts in? I wouldnt want to end up with another overpaid lazy waste of talent taking big money out of the club.

SELL SELL SELL :evil:

Nice to get that of my chest fancied a rant :D

I dont know i have my doubts about him defensively & too be honest he didnt look that great at leeds when i saw him but the liberal in me :D says hang on to him & give him 1 LAST CHANCE maybe?

Senght

Ill rather keep him in the side, although Pennant will jump ship the moment we accept the deal. Look at him, great footballer, winderkid in my eyes and his attitude stinks.

Although i rate him highly, even higher than Reyes, Ill say good riddance, badboy.

TB*Gooner*

His contract ends after this season right? I would not expect loyalty from him if his season were successfull...

calvinngai88

Blankety Blank said:
Did anyone see football Diaries? It was between Pennant & Dyer for biggest Numpty. I reckon they would both play with their silly woolly hats on if allowed :D

I feel pennant has a problem shared with a lot of young english players, too much money too young/ bad attitude/big egos. Maybe its our (lack of)culture? On the whole foreign youngsters seem to be far more disciplined & professional in their career & less problematic because of it. I know many people at the club have been very dissapointed in him & it will take a lot before they see him as a reliable human being, let alone a pro footballer fit to grace the red & white shirt.
I hope he has learnt from his mistakes & has a decent career but i feel it will take a long term lifestyle commitment from him & will he do that?
A few months hard work coz he wants a new improved contract could be what he puts in? I wouldnt want to end up with another overpaid lazy waste of talent taking big money out of the club.

Nice to get that of my chest fancied a rant :D

I dont know i have my doubts about him defensively & too be honest he didnt look that great at leeds when i saw him but the liberal in me :D says hang on to him & give him 1 LAST CHANCE maybe?

Had you seen how Pennant played in the Maribor's friendly match, you won't be saying all these crap. Currently, Pennant's after Ljungberg for the first choice of RM place. And he also proved Wenger in the match, by supplying such pin-pint splendid crosses, dribbles, cut-ins, I'll doubt Wenger will sell him after seeing his performance. Not even a loan. Moreover, he's not as lazy as what you thought. He kept attacking and attacking NON-STOP. He even tried to haf a go for a typical Henry's-style of solo goal starting from the edge of his own penalty box. A very great run. That shows the determination he has! Alright, enough said. you shall see the next friendly against Grazer Ak yourself if Pennant's playing in the first 11.

towelie

Blankety Blank said:

Pennant is effing quality. don't undermine his talents. my prediction is he's going to have a solid season coming off the bench, and will replace ljungberg as first choice RM next year

and he's an english talent, which we don't have enough of

Top Bottom