• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Love it when people say its just because he's spent big that he's so successful, as if other City managers have not and others have not in the league this year. He's just a fantastic coach. The spending obviously helps, I think he needs expensive top end players to work with from what we have seen but he gets another level out of them no one else does.

He has done very well but not extraordinary but I think what Klopp has done in attack for liverpool is extraordinary.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'd still take Yaya. A move might rejuvenate him. Walks into our midfield.

I think it was year ago or so when it seemed like he'd be available I thought it was a certain no brainer. An experienced, PL winning colossus of a midfielder who still had excellent physical and technical attributes to be a midfield powerhouse and a guy who could equally help control games too. Would still take him even now.

On another note I think in general he's incredibly underrated, most people still automatically talk about Silva and Aguero from the last decade or so since the money came in but Toure's influence has been phenomenal. Was massive in their FA Cup win in 2011, ran City's midfield in the 11/12 season producing some game-changing performances including a game vs Newcastle on the second last weekend of the season to keep them in the title race so it'd go down to the final day with City's destiny in their own hands. Then you go to the 13/14 season and this man scored 20 goals in the league, this guy was playing in a pivot with Fernandinho was one of the leagues top scorers. The guy's a phenomenon, the epitome of the modern centre midfielder.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think it was year ago or so when it seemed like he'd be available I thought it was a certain no brainer. An experienced, PL winning colossus of a midfielder who still had excellent physical and technical attributes to be a midfield powerhouse and a guy who could equally help control games too. Would still take him even now.

On another note I think in general he's incredibly underrated, most people still automatically talk about Silva and Aguero from the last decade or so since the money came in but Toure's influence has been phenomenal. Was massive in their FA Cup win in 2011, ran City's midfield in the 11/12 season producing some game-changing performances including a game vs Newcastle on the second last weekend of the season to keep them in the title race so it'd go down to the final day with City's destiny in their own hands. Then you go to the 13/14 season and this man scored 20 goals in the league, this guy was playing in a pivot with Fernandinho was one of the leagues top scorers. The guy's a phenomenon, the epitome of the modern centre midfielder.
He's levels above Xhaka in every department still too. When you think about that, it's mind boggling. He can't get a game at City and yet we're flogging this broken one-trick donkey every week in hope that he becomes as good as a demotivated, crippled Yaya...

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

@Jury off the top of my head I’ve called Koscielny’s whatever this is, called Bellerin not actually being as good as everyone thought he would be, called Ousmane Dembele being a superstar, called Iwobi’s, Sterling’s and the Ox’s current career trajectories, and called Pogba having a dominant second season (when he’s played).

That’s just off the top of my head you silly man, I own you.

Reactions: A_G

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
@Jury off the top of my head I’ve called Koscielny’s whatever this is, called Bellerin not actually being as good as everyone thought he would be, called Ousmane Dembele being a superstar, called Iwobi’s, Sterling’s and the Ox’s current career trajectories, and called Pogba having a dominant second season (when he’s played).

...And yet you still think Welbeck's a footballer, proving whatever correct calls you make are pure fluke. :drool:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Tbf you called us finishing outside the top 4 last season in December iirc, which seemed ridiculous at the time.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I don't know Tir , Still remember the FA last season where Xhaka and co pretty got on top of City's midfield with Yaya in it .

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

...And yet you still think Welbeck's a footballer, proving whatever correct calls you make are pure fluke. :drool:
:lol::lol::lol:

Welbeck is immense, 30 goal a season potential just needs to sort some stuff out.

Top Bottom