• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
***** got to think , very hard to develop kids that keep the ball if they're going to get the **** knocked out of them with little protection .

Yeah no one wants to see a potential star’s career ruined by a talentless butcher.

There is also no reason to go into challenges like that, you’re either doing it with intent or you need to learn how to tackle.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
To be fair, it looks like tit-for-tat from what I've been reading and when you're on an opposition forum and have multiple fans rounding on you it can become quite a lonely place, even on what I class as being a benign forum like this one compared to most. From what I can tell, he does want to debate but this particular topic often ends up going round in circles and becomes a pointless p*ssing contest between opposition fans. And when you think about it, it genuinely is a pointless argument because as fans none of us have a say in who owns or runs our respective clubs. I'm not saying it shouldn't get discussed but perhaps if we all backed off a bit, we could get this thread back to some kind of normality.
Fair enough. Well said. Best I stay out of this thread. The football's worth the watch anyway

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Luiz has history with Aguero. Aguero was elbowed by Luiz earlier in that game too.

article-2319868-19A2D987000005DC-560_634x453.jpg

Easy to lose your head playing against him.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
Luiz has history with Aguero. Aguero was elbowed by Luiz earlier in that game too.

article-2319868-19A2D987000005DC-560_634x453.jpg

Easy to lose your head playing against him.
Aye but it’s about what Guardiola said after that game. I’m not saying he’s wrong though that was really poor what happened to Sane.

M18CTID

Aye but it’s about what Guardiola said after that game. I’m not saying he’s wrong though that was really poor what happened to Sane.

I had a look back at his quotes after that game and to be fair, you've exposed Guardiola to an extent there - he said he didn't think Aguero's challenge on Luiz was intentional which wasn't the wisest thing in the world to say as even I have to admit it was reckless and way out of control. He did say he accepts it was a red card though which goes against the guy's tweet a bit about him not criticising Aguero at all. Also, Guardiola refused to be drawn into criticising Taylor for mysteriously not blowing up and issuing a red card to Luiz for his professional foul on Aguero in the first half when the whole world could see he had the whistle in his mouth and was ready to blow it.

I think the general point here though is that while players can lose their heads and bad tackles can happen as a result, Guardiola and Wenger don't send their teams out at the start of a game with instructions to kick the opposition players off the park, whereas some managers do. Warnock is no doubt one of them and what we saw on Sunday with some of those tackles was almost certainly part of his gameplan.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Was what Arsenal did 95 years ago normal? The original Bank of England club?

It's hypocritical, to say the least, you talking about City's expenditure to reach the top, without acknowledging you did practically the same, and at the time, was on a massive scale too, so forgive me for not giving a toss about your whingeing and gnashing of teeth, I really don't care.

Or are you saying we shouldn't be allowed to do it, and you are?

I'm not continuing this argument. You're insulting the intelligence of everyone here if you sincerely see an equivalence between our stadium move and your Abu Dhabi owners.

I don't wish to attack you or make you feel like you're backed into a corner, as from everything else you've posted on here you seem perfectly reasonable. But if you are so unable to acknowledge with objectivity the origins of your recent investment or if you really believe that all money is equal regardless of how it was gained then I cannot engage with you any further.

This thread could be an opportunity to debate each other's clubs, and personally I'd be more than happy to talk about Kroenke or Usmanov, neither of whom I'd invite round for tea. But if you have just come here to have other fans agree with you about everything, then what is the point?

I'm not continuing this argument. You're insulting the intelligence of everyone here if you sincerely see an equivalence between our stadium move and your Abu Dhabi owners.

I don't wish to attack you or make you feel like you're backed into a corner, as from everything else you've posted on here you seem perfectly reasonable. But if you are so unable to acknowledge with objectivity the origins of your recent investment or if you really believe that all money is equal regardless of how it was gained then I cannot engage with you any further.

This thread could be an opportunity to debate each other's clubs, and personally I'd be more than happy to talk about Kroenke or Usmanov, neither of whom I'd invite round for tea. But if you have just come here to have other fans agree with you about everything, then what is the point?
No, I'm not, I'm insulting YOUR (lack of) intelligence.

I don't expect, nor want everyone to agree with me, and never have I said that, so stop assuming you know my intentions. There's plenty here I have an adult conversation with on many topics, they don't feel the need to be antagonistic, so why do you?

For the sake of the forum, I'll just stick you on ignore. Let that be the end of it.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
No, I'm not, I'm insulting YOUR (lack of) intelligence.

I don't expect, nor want everyone to agree with me, and never have I said that, so stop assuming you know my intentions. There's plenty here I have an adult conversation with on many topics, they don't feel the need to be antagonistic, so why do you?

For the sake of the forum, I'll just stick you on ignore. Let that be the end of it.

This is why I hate the internet.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
This is why I hate the internet.
Yup. And I wish the mods would do something about him. They clearly turn a blind eye when he’s posting in this thread. It’s quite clear he’s just trolling and trying to incite us to respond with abuse.

MNUS

City had a squad that was already capable of winning the league but Pep flopped with it in his first year yet he is hailed a genius for spending £500M on it in 19 fecking months lol. Not including signing on fee's, agent fee's, wages + heavy bonuses that they use to avoid FFP. Which all together will be really high because its 7 or 8 seperate deals.

I mean how do you compete with a gulf state backing you, even united are struggling. I smell another world record Etihad deal coming.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Stumbled upon these tweets a while back, found it very interesting. It's Twitter, but there are a lot of facts in it and also would provide a real explanation for the reason why Pep clashed with the medical staff at Bayern, who had worked there for 40 years and left the club. Bayern do love to poach players domestically, but other than that they do seem to be a club with standards, rather than City who just will do anything for success.

Click on the tweet by the way, to see the other tweets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom