• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

M18CTID

Smoke bomb post. This was just about the arms dealing assertions, which are most definitely true. Not concerned with the other **** you want to point out, as it isn't relevant to what I was talking about in other posts, i.e. human rights violations and arms dealing.

Actually, the correct terminology is smokescreen, not smoke bomb. And absolutely not is it a smokescreen post. You obviously didn’t read the second paragraph where I not only acknowledged the arms dealing but also stated I find the UAE siding with Saudi out of order - what part of the following constitutes a smokescreen in your opinion?
The arms dealing you refer to I’ve already acknowledged in my other post. I can’t confess to knowing enough about the situation in Yemen but I do think that the UAE siding with Saudi smacks of sucking up to a more powerful nation. Ditto their alliance against Qatar which itself is hardly exempt from criticism but it’s a bit rich for Saudi to take the moral high ground against Qatar and it’s not good that the UAE has sided with Saudi against Qatar.

To be honest, if you’re using McGeehan as a wholly factual source of information then that’s a mistake. You shouldn’t believe everything you read on Twitter just because it suits your narrative.

Seeing as you’re so hung up on what goes on in that part of the world, and seeing as though many top European clubs are balls deep in ownership and sponsorship deals in that part of the world, I’m sure you wouldn’t mind confirming on here that you’ve vehemently been opposed to Arsenal’s sponsorship deal with Emirates ever since the day it was signed, given that the people that own Emirates are related to City’s owner so they’re all effectively pissing in the same pot. So go on - and no smokescreens or gymnastics.....

M18CTID

Long article about Bennell which concentrates mainly on City’s ongoing investigation. Also states that a staggering 334 clubs have been cited in the wider investigation. Bennell is clearly the tip of the iceberg and this is just going to get bigger and bigger over the coming months. What’s annoying is that some of the perpetrators have escaped justice as they are now deceased:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...-Citys-Barry-Bennell-inquiry-cost-1m-far.html

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Actually, the correct terminology is smokescreen, not smoke bomb. And absolutely not is it a smokescreen post. You obviously didn’t read the second paragraph where I not only acknowledged the arms dealing but also stated I find the UAE siding with Saudi out of order - what part of the following constitutes a smokescreen in your opinion?

To be honest, if you’re using McGeehan as a wholly factual source of information then that’s a mistake. You shouldn’t believe everything you read on Twitter just because it suits your narrative.

Seeing as you’re so hung up on what goes on in that part of the world, and seeing as though many top European clubs are balls deep in ownership and sponsorship deals in that part of the world, I’m sure you wouldn’t mind confirming on here that you’ve vehemently been opposed to Arsenal’s sponsorship deal with Emirates ever since the day it was signed, given that the people that own Emirates are related to City’s owner so they’re all effectively pissing in the same pot. So go on - and no smokescreens or gymnastics.....

And smoke bomb is fine in this context - at least in American culture. It’s a distraction to draw your attention away from the real issue being debated.

But the assertions aren’t wrong, as other sources verify. The UAE is becoming a major arms dealer in the ME and can soon be number one - with the possible exception of Israel, who you failed to mention and went for the Saudis instead.

And your mental acrobatics take us back around to wanting to equate the ethics of owners and sources of money with each other. Just remember a country/emirate owns City and is legitimately using them as a diversion for political reasons - nothing like that is happening in Arsenal’s case.

Last edited:

M18CTID

And smoke bomb is fine in this context - at least in American culture. It’s a distraction to draw your attention away from the real issue.

But the assertions aren’t wrong, as other sources verify.

And your mental acrobatics take us back around to wanting to equate the ethics of owners and sources of money with each other. Just remember a country/emirate owns City and is legitimately using them as a diversion for political reasons - nothing like that is happening in Arsenal’s case.

You’re posting on an English football forum - Americanisms shouldn’t be used on here.

So you’ve no issue with Arsenal taking Dubai money but have an issue with City taking Abu Dhabi money. Smacks of someone whose opinion is primarily driven by football loyalties.

Seriously, I find it somewhat flattering that one would think Manchester City - a club that has had a propensity for shooting itself in the foot on many occasions in the past - is being used as the main vehicle to divert away from certain other issues in Abu Dhabi when they have many other high profile business interests in the Western world. Being an American, I’m sure you’re equally disgusted with anyone who ever dares set foot in the Chrysler building, given that 90% of it is Abu Dhabi owned. And God help any F1 fans who commit the cardinal sin of watching the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, moreso if they actually attend it.

al-Ustaadh

You’re posting on an English football forum - Americanisms shouldn’t be used on here.

Seriously, I find it somewhat flattering that one would think Manchester City - a club that has had a propensity for shooting itself in the foot on many occasions in the past - is being used as the main vehicle to divert away from certain other issues in Abu Dhabi when they have many other high profile business interests in the Western world. Being an American, I’m sure you’re equally disgusted with anyone who ever dares set foot in the Chrysler building, given that 90% of it is Abu Dhabi owned. And God help any F1 fans who commit the cardinal sin of watching the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, moreso if they actually attend it.

You’re posting on an Arsenal forum.... not even going to finish that. I’m sure you know what I’d say. And I would make it British for you. Start with a “c” and end in a “t” in the plural.

Football is the most popular sport in the world. It as a marketing vehicle for diverting attention makes complete sense. It easily distracts especially in the Western world. And I’m not surprised they have other investments. Convenient you mentioned examples related to oil, though.

And I’m not your average American. Don’t give a **** about car culture. It’s destroying my country and the world.

M18CTID

And smoke bomb is fine in this context - at least in American culture. It’s a distraction to draw your attention away from the real issue being debated.

But the assertions aren’t wrong, as other sources verify. The UAE is becoming a major arms dealer in the ME and can soon be number one - with the possible exception of Israel, who you failed to mention and went for the Saudis instead.

Yeah, it’s not like I’ve never acknowledged that the UAE is arms dealing is it? Apart from my last few posts that is - how many times do you want me to acknowledge it for you to be satisfied? 10? 20? 100? You’re boring me now because you’re repeating the same stuff ad nauseum. You think that City’s owner is a ****. Fine. I heard you the first time. And the second. And the third.

al-Ustaadh

Yeah, it’s not like I’ve never acknowledged that the UAE is arms dealing is it? Apart from my last few posts that is - how many times do you want me to acknowledge it for you to be satisfied? 10? 20? 100? You’re boring me now because you’re repeating the same stuff ad nauseum. You think that City’s owner is a ****. Fine. I heard you the first time. And the second. And the third.
You’re telling me. Holy ****. And you kept coming back with **** to make us look awful. Trying to create equivalents. The truth is your club is ****ing dirty. Dirtier than ****ing Chelsea, which I never thought could be possible. **** your club.

M18CTID

You’re posting on an Arsenal forum.... not even going to finish that. I’m sure you know what I’d say. And I would make it British for you. Start with a “c” and end in a “t” in the plural.

Football is the most popular sport in the world. It as a marketing vehicle for diverting attention makes complete sense. It easily distracts especially in the Western world. And I’m not surprised they have other investments. Convenient you mentioned examples related to oil, though.

And I’m not your average American. Don’t give a **** about car culture. It’s destroying my country and the world.

Not convenient at all. I also mentioned in an earlier post their investments in Barclays Bank and Hakassan Nightclub.

This discussion is going nowhere now. I’m on here primarily to talk about football and anything that directly happens on City’s watch (for example, the Bennell case which I’ve posted about on here and something you seemingly don’t give 2 ****s about despite the fact it involves child sex abuse in English football on an industrial scale). If you’ve got serious issues with what goes on in City’s owner’s homeland then I suggest instead of pointlessly jousting with opposition football fans on here, you actually do something about it and take it up with the relevant people.

al-Ustaadh

Not convenient at all. I also mentioned in an earlier post their investments in Barclays Bank and Hakassan Nightclub.
These investments aren't surprising either. I mean... Just ****ing think about it. And if you know anything about the Gulf, you'll even know why the nightclub.

al-Ustaadh

This discussion is going nowhere now. I’m on here primarily to talk about football and anything that directly happens on City’s watch (for example, the Bennell case which I’ve posted about on here and something you seemingly don’t give 2 ****s about despite the fact it involves child sex abuse in English football on an industrial scale). If you’ve got serious issues with what goes on in City’s owner’s homeland then I suggest instead of pointlessly jousting with opposition football fans on here, you actually do something about it and take it up with the relevant people.
Me too. Which is why I'm being critical of City and where their money comes from. Because that influences the product on the pitch. Buying trophies.

You keep trying to force this narrative that other clubs/fans are jealous of you... Aside from maybe UTD who are your local rivals, most people are indifferent about your team. Even your local rivals have the benefit of building their success rather than buying it.

The manner in which you attained your recent success is not one anyone can seriously envy. Your team is literally the greatest example of money buys everything. Without that, there isn't much to your team. No identity, very little history and a fanbase that is mostly all over the place. You can't banter against UTD, Arsenal or Liverpool fans because for majority of their club history, your club has been irrelevant.

- Only time your team made me feel some sort of way was the threat to the unbeaten run. And only because your team achieving it would cheapen the whole thing.

If you think all of uniteds success was organic, then I suggest you do a bit of research, instead of regurgitating the same old rubbish the media and other ill-informed fans feed you.

The funny thing is, most of you keep trotting out this no history line, which is obviously, to anybody of any intellect, factually wrong.

Maybe you need to check the meaning of history in the dictionary, as City have MORE history than Arsenal, by 6-8 years in fact.

As for the fanbase, of course we are gaining support across the world, BUT, City have the largest amount of season ticket holders that have been going 25 years or more, in the whole country, that was from an independent survey done by Barclays.

You absolutely ARE jealous, and bitter about City's success, you feel it should be you there instead, it's understandable, I might feel the same, had I chosen to support a traditionally successful club, thankfully I didn't, and I am therefore able to see it for what it is, greeneye. If money buys everything, why have we only won two titles since the takeover? Sort of dispels your theory that money is the only factor, doesn't it?

The best thing about all of this, is that you are mostly so blinded by rage about 'the way City do things', that you give absolutely no credit whatsoever for the style of play, the way we win games, the way we try and play. That's fine, but don't try and dress it up to be anything other than envy, you know that's correct, and it's fine.

I'm sure their fans will be gutted about that when they're lifting the PL trophy in May.

Also saying they have no history is odd, I mean every club has history theirs just isn't as successful as others. 50 years from now they'll be looked at as a successful team with an attractive style of play. There won't be an n.b. in the record books saying they bought trophies or whatever.
There's a few of you on here that I'm more than happy to chat football with, that aren't bitter, and can chat rationally about it, obviously you are one of them.

The ranting from some others is pretty sad, and I feel is more to do with where Arsenal find themselves right now.

al-Ustaadh

There's a few of you on here that I'm more than happy to chat football with, that aren't bitter, and can chat rationally about it, obviously you are one of them.

The ranting from some others is pretty sad, and I feel is more to do with where Arsenal find themselves right now.
Nope.

Long article about Bennell which concentrates mainly on City’s ongoing investigation. Also states that a staggering 334 clubs have been cited in the wider investigation. Bennell is clearly the tip of the iceberg and this is just going to get bigger and bigger over the coming months. What’s annoying is that some of the perpetrators have escaped justice as they are now deceased:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...-Citys-Barry-Bennell-inquiry-cost-1m-far.html
Was just coming on here to post this, got sidetracked for a bit.

Absolutely disgraceful if it's found (which seems obvious) that people within City were made aware of this, and did nothing about it.

Awful, awful subject and I hope the lads affected get their justice, although they will never recover their lost youth and innocence. It's an extremely disturbing case.

blaze_of_glory

So you’ve no issue with Arsenal taking Dubai money but have an issue with City taking Abu Dhabi money. Smacks of someone whose opinion is primarily driven by football loyalties.

Piss off with this ****. It's a global forum.

M18CTID

It’s just a few posters to be fair. This forum’s decent enough in the main and I don’t want to lose sight of the fact that from personal experience, most Arsenal fans I’ve ever met are bang on - never had any issues whenever I’ve attended games at Highbury and the Emirates and both sets of fans mixed freely with very few issues at last year’s FA Cup semi. Bumped into some old school Gooners afterwards and had a great chat with them about Wenger and stuff. If we’d played Sp**s instead there would’ve been a lot more trouble. I was speaking to one City fan after our game with Burnley the other week and asked him where he would be drinking before next week’s game at Wembley. He told me he’d be going to Islington - slap bang in the middle of Arsenal territory. I thought it was an odd choice as on a cup final day you tend to want to be around your own fans but his reasoning was that the pubs are great, he gets on with Arsenal fans, and while he’ll be paying London prices he won’t be paying the extortionate prices that the Wembley pubs charge.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury
Top Bottom