• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

It’s just a few posters to be fair. This forum’s decent enough in the main and I don’t want to lose sight of the fact that from personal experience, most Arsenal fans I’ve ever met are bang on - never had any issues whenever I’ve attended games at Highbury and the Emirates and both sets of fans mixed freely with very few issues at last year’s FA Cup semi. Bumped into some old school Gooners afterwards and had a great chat with them about Wenger and stuff. If we’d played Sp**s instead there would’ve been a lot more trouble. I was speaking to one City fan after our game with Burnley the other week and asked him where he would be drinking before next week’s game at Wembley. He told me he’d be going to Islington - slap bang in the middle of Arsenal territory. I thought it was an odd choice as on a cup final day you tend to want to be around your own fans but his reasoning was that the pubs are great, he gets on with Arsenal fans, and while he’ll be paying London prices he won’t be paying the extortionate prices that the Wembley pubs charge.
You won't find me disagreeing about the spuds fans, I despise them mate.
I'll probably just go in the spoons outside Baker Street and have a late brekkie and a few ales, then straight up to Wembley. Did the same for the semi last season and had a good laugh in there with plenty of gooners, one started up the money stuff and was soon shouted down by his mates.

M18CTID

Sextrafficking? Heard and read about them being the prime providers of high end prostitutes in the form of sex slaves for the rich and powerful.

If that’s what he was implying then I highly doubt Hakkasan would be the place to do it. You and he do realise where Hakkasan is don’t you? It’s at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and is one of the highest profile nightclubs on the planet.

Sex trafficking in Hakkasan while Calvin Harris and Tiesto are playing a DJ set. FFS, I’ve heard it all now!

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
It does sound a bit stupid but they'll definitely have hookers in a Vegas nightclub. No clue where they come from and how they got there, but I wouldn't put it beyond these people (or any rich/powerful people) to basically use similar means to those they use with foreign construction workers, taking away passports and whatnot. I don't think Calvin Harris cares for what happens in VIP lounges or behind closed doors while he's DJing and gets a nice paycheck.
I actually think it's a bit too innocent to think nothing shady is going on, just because it's a known venue and some big names attend.

But that's just speculation and I don't want to go off on that. I was just asking on a hunch, was generelly interested in what he was alluding to regarding the club.

Let's not derail this thread further.

M18CTID

It does sound a bit stupid but they'll definitely have hookers in a Vegas nightclub. No clue where they come from and how they got there, but I wouldn't put it beyond these people (or any rich/powerful people) to basically use similar means to those they use with foreign construction workers, taking away passports and whatnot. I don't think Calvin Harris cares for what happens in VIP lounges or behind closed doors while he's DJing and gets a nice paycheck.
I actually think it's a bit too innocent to think nothing shady is going on, just because it's a known venue and some big names attend.

But that's just speculation and I don't want to go off on that. I was just asking on a hunch, was generelly interested in what he was alluding to regarding the club.

Let's not derail this thread further.

Oh, I don’t disagree that there are hookers all around the Vegas hotels. I’ve been to Vegas myself, stayed at The Bellagio, and they dish out flyers on The Strip proclaiming you can get a girl to your hotel room door within minutes. Can’t profess to having used that service though ;) And I’m sure there would be hookers in Hakkasan but that wouldn’t be the reason for purchasing a stake in the nightclub. My own thinking is that the poster genuinely didn’t know where Hakkasan was and that he assumed it might be a much more low profile, seedier place where one would have a far better chance of getting away with murky stuff like sex trafficking compared to a place populated by famous people, has the world’s most popular DJs performing there, and is often in the media spotlight due to that and it’s prominent location.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Oh, I don’t disagree that there are hookers all around the Vegas hotels. I’ve been to Vegas myself, stayed at The Bellagio, and they dish out flyers on The Strip proclaiming you can get a girl to your hotel room door within minutes. Can’t profess to having used that service though ;) And I’m sure there would be hookers in Hakkasan but that wouldn’t be the reason for purchasing a stake in the nightclub. My own thinking is that the poster genuinely didn’t know where Hakkasan was and that he assumed it might be a much more low profile, seedier place where one would have a far better chance of getting away with murky stuff like sex trafficking compared to a place populated by famous people, has the world’s most popular DJs performing there, and is often in the media spotlight due to that and it’s prominent location.
No, I know where the Hakkasan night club is located. Nice try, though.

al-Ustaadh

And that's not necessarily what I was referring to. It's more the culture of the Gulf and what is going on the region as it concerns music and artistic expression - ah, one of my PhDs coming into use here. But the sex trafficking is an interesting mention that I hadn't thought of. Wouldn't put it past them. The Club, though, mentions on their website that they're openly aware of these issues and are against it. Doesn't mean **** doesn't go on behind their backs - not saying that's linked to City, so don't get your panties in a bundle.

M18CTID

No, I know where the Hakkasan night club is located. Nice try, though.

Good man. You ever been in? I haven’t but I did see Black Sabbath at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in 2013 and Moby was playing a DJ set at Hakkasan that sane night, plus Calvin Harris had actually been at the hotel earlier in the day playing a set at a pool party.

al-Ustaadh

Good man. You ever been in? I haven’t but I did see Black Sabbath at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in 2013 and Moby was playing a DJ set at Hakkasan that sane night, plus Calvin Harris had actually been at the hotel earlier in the day playing a set at a pool party.
Nope.

M18CTID

And that's not necessarily what I was referring to. It's more the culture of the Gulf and what is going on the region as it concerns music and artistic expression - ah, one of my PhDs coming into use here. But the sex trafficking is an interesting mention that I hadn't thought of. Wouldn't put it past them. The Club, though, mentions on their website that they're openly aware of these issues and are against it. Doesn't mean **** doesn't go on behind their backs - not saying that's linked to City, so don't get your panties in a bundle.

You say it wasn’t what you were referring to but to be fair you liked the poster’s post when he asked you if it was exactly that and you didn’t correct him ;)

Don’t worry, I’m not getting my knickers in a twist.

al-Ustaadh

You say it wasn’t what you were referring to but to be fair you liked the poster’s post when he asked you if it was exactly that and you didn’t correct him ;)

Don’t worry, I’m not getting my knickers in a twist.
It's not an ostricizing punishment to like ideas. The Manc thought police running around here.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I'd be much more interested if it was Thai hookers :D

I got nothing against City if I'm being honest , I don't even mind they spend what they do on the team . In a way most of these issues wouldn't be brought to light as much as they have if they hadn't bought City so it's kind of blessing in disguise . Something has to be done about their humans rights issues though , starting with labour reform for migrant workers .

M18CTID

Barry Bennell has this afternoon been sentenced to 30 years: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43118069

Amongst other things, this sick bastard actually abused kids on the Maine Road pitch while they were sunbathing. Hopefully, this is the first of many such tough sentences for those who sexually abused budding young footballers. Worryingly, Bennell might well have been part of an organised network of * football coaches but either way it’s now clear that this is abuse on an industrial level: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_football_sexual_abuse_scandal

Last edited:

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Starting to view Kun Agüero as an all-time great. If he ever manages to get a Champions League under his belt and has a strong world cup he could be said to be one of the worlds greatest strikers. Ridiculously underrated on a global scale and even the league. His ratio and consistency is unmatched over the last 8 years in our league.

Starting to view Kun Agüero as an all-time great. If he ever manages to get a Champions League under his belt and has a strong world cup he could be said to be one of the worlds greatest strikers. Ridiculously underrated on a global scale and even the league. His ratio and consistency is unmatched over the last 8 years in our league.
I think, JMB, a lot of other fans are blinded by the finances surrounding City, and as such, are reluctant to give our players much credit.

I adore Aguero, he's incredible and the Premier League will be worse off for him departing, he's said he wants to stay until he wins a Champions League with us, not sure he'll still get in the side as a 49 year old :D

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

He has been crap for Argentina, no way is he an all time great. Sold his soul to a plastic club, no wonder nobody cares about him on a global or even European scale.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Not unless you cast the 'all time great' net out very wide. For me he probably makes the top 10 strikers of the premier league era, that's the best compliment I can give him. Henry, Bergkamp, Shearer surely ahead of him. Rooney, Van Nistelrooy, Drogba, Kane and Suarez were all more dominant strikers than him at their best. All of those guys bar Suarez and Kane have more accolades in England as well.

He's been remarkably consistent, particularly considering his injuries. I don't see how he can be considered an ATG though. That label's reserved for Ronaldo, Henry, Ronaldinho, and obviously Messi and Cristiano if we're talking the last 15-20 years.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I'd put Aguero over Drogba tbh, people might think it's bitterness due to the latter's performances against us but I've always thought he was overrated. If you look at his PL totals for each season:
04/05: 10 in 26
05/06: 12 in 29
06/07: 20 in 36
07/08: 8 in 19
08/09: 5 in 24
09/10: 29 in 32
10:/11: 11 in 36
11/12: 5 in 24
14/15: 4 in 28 *as a fringe player

Brilliant season to win Chelsea the double in 2010, but outside of that I wouldn't put him in the very top bracket. Suarez's peak was incredible but I might even put Aguero ahead of him just based on longevity. Looking at his record in the PL:
11/12: 23 in 34
12/13: 12 in 30
13/14: 17 in 23
14/15: 26 in 33
15/16: 24 in 30
16/17: 20 in 31
This season: 21 in 22

Apart from the 12/13 season in which he had 3 injury lay-offs, he's been the model of consistency. From 2013 to 2015 you could argue he could have scored even more if not for some niggling muscle injuries.

Latest posts

Top Bottom