• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PES 2009.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Two completely different opinions... I guess it will be a love it or hate game.

Or, DREVAK is a die hard fan

DREVAK

Established Member
Not really, the thing is I have played PES6 and not 2008 over the past few weeks or maybe even months, so my memories of 2008 are a bit hazy. I do remember it being very awkward and perhaps too action filled in that you could score ten goals easily yet almost always conceded, and it had incredibly bad goalkeepers.

Which are things I have not yet encountered in the demo. While a few minor details like ball interception have felt right or better or whatever when playing the game. Hence my positive impression. Which could of course change as I play more and more of it – only a few matches under my belt so far – and with the full game.

Jameel46

Established Member
much, much better than last year. and having played both the fifa and PES demos i have to say that i prefer PES. it does look as if konami may have learnt and taken a few things from FIFA08 but it does have the feel of the good old PS2 Pro Evo days.

nazo

Established Member
Better than last years and has some nice stuff here and there but fifa is better imo.

morpho

Established Member
after playing both demos (ps3), i am sad to admit that EA is going to get a share of my money this year...

Jameel46

Established Member
really? i think PES is better but i have been a PES fan from the PS2 days and it does have that same feel about it again.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Seems alot better this year then the previous incarnations (judging by the Demo) but is it something im going to buy on the streght of the Demo. No way, it feels ok but i got other things (inc Xbox games) that are so much further up my list then this.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Iv heard so many ****ty reviews from people who have only played the demo :(

Come on PES! Prove everyone wrong!

nazo

Established Member
I got the pc version just to try it out but haven't had the time to play it. For anyone that got the ps3/360 version is it any better than the demo? If not, i'm not getting it.

Jameel46

Established Member
won the CL with Arsenal, wooooo!!! playing CL mode, become a legend, caning my brother since yesterday. gotta get started on my ML team though.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I got my copy today :)

Haven't played it yet, waiting for the lads to come round and give it a run later.

Mostarac

Established Member
Have received my copy and I am loving it so far. Konami have taken gameplay back to basic(very remniscient of legendary PES5) while even the graphics have gotten an nice upgrade. In my opinion bes PES since PES5. However, the thing which is disappointing is the lacking Champions League Mode(whats the point of acquiring the Champions League licence if you do not have ALL the teams in it licensed) and the fact that they lost almost the complete Spanish league. Apart from that, its a great game and those who want graphics ahead of substance within the gameplay should stick to FIFA.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Alfonso said:
Anyone played this? Is it as bad as everyone has made out?
Seriously, hand on heart- it is not the pile of **** everyone is making it out to be. Im convinced that a lot of the people who put it down have not even played it.

I was playing this till 4 in the morning with my boys on friday night. Its not perfect no, but its very enjoyable and much better than the previous installment. My opinion anyways.

The shoddy goal keeping, dodgy defense, ridiculous pinball pace of the game and not to mention the super human players is all a thing of the past.

Admittedly, it does lack the glitz and glam of fifa with the lack of licensing and stuff but other than that I love it.

The way people are hyping it up though , I still might get fifa. Maybe the demo wasn't that good and I migh like the actual game.

DREVAK

Established Member
Got it on the PC and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised. I liked the first few moments of the demo but then was seriously disappointed by it. So I approached the full game with caution. But it turned out to be pretty good. I would go as far as to agree with what Mostarac about it being a very reminiscent game to PES5, and a good game overall.

Although when you think about it, it's not really such a great thing. They added or removed a few mostly minor things, and kept the gameplay the way it used to be a few years ago. And while I have nothing against that and I enjoy the game very much, it does not exactly live up to the 'evolution' part of the series' name, does it.

As I said I'm not personally calling for huge overhauls and major changes. It's just that from a development viewpoint, it is a slight disappointment and there can be no denying that. But for someone who enjoyed PES6 a lot, and who hated the bad things about 2008, it's a superb game.

And with a fan made patch or two already made, one can easily look past the missing clubs or names or whatever. Again, the game being in need of such help is obviously not a good thing, but for a normal guy like me who just wants to enjoy his football game, it's fine.

What I do miss terribly is the International Challenge. I'm not sure but I think it was gone from 2008 already, so it shouldn't be a big surprise. Still, I loved it. Rummaging through the players of an obscure nation, picking the best eleven, and winning the World Cup, oh yeah.

nidza7

Established Member
played it today,not bad,not bad.I`ll give it more time.

Still sticking with pes6 on my pc though.

Jameel46

Established Member
everyone bad mouthing it are the converts, it is back to it's enjoyable best from the PS2 days. it may not have the added touches that FIFA has but the gameplay is what has always made people choose PES over FIFA, and the gameplay is once again won by PES.

Lukazan

Established Member
It's got a good base but still too many flaws. The AI only ever score the same type of goals, most of the animations are crap and I'm still not happy with the shooting or passing.

Top Bottom