• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PES 2010

Rocafella

Established Member
The demo is out now, for the 360 at least. Nearly finished downloading it. It would be nice for PES to create a next-gen game which could challenge Fifa. Looking forward to playing it.

Rocafella

Established Member
First impressions are good. It's an improvement over both 08 and 09. It's slightly more realistic now. Still going to have to play a few more games to see which demo I prefer.

DREVAK

Established Member
I'm just hoping they don't forget the oldgen/PC version. For all its bad parts, extremely frustrating shooting inaccuracy, the hilarious ability to take on half a dozen opponents with a sufficiently skilled player and things like that PES6 remains unbeaten on the field of gameplay, sadly.

Rocafella

Established Member
After a few more matches, i'm slightly less enthusiatic than I was at the start. The camera angle when taking a penalty isn't very good. They still haven't sorted penalties out. There have been a few dodgy moments with AI, but hopefully they will iron these out before the final release.

Smartly Dressed Morris

10 seconds into my first game on the demo showed up how much Konami have lost the plot with this series, it just hasn't progressed where it really matters.

I played Winning Eleven exclusively for like 5-6 yrs straight but Fifa09/10 are where it's at right now, PES is pure pish.

It is a real shame but it's reality, apart from the non gaming types who like a quick game of footy after their 8 pints at the local i can't understand anybody preferring this over Fifa10.

Kilgallon

It's awful. Sad to see a legendary game series fall so far behind the competition.

It feels completely on-rails, as it has done for years now. Compared to the freedom you get in the FIFA10 demo, there's really no way I'm going to be buying this.

I'm the same as you Morris. Used to be PES player, switched to FIFA after PES6 and haven't looked back.

nazo

Established Member
I played a few games and i like some things in it but the balloon popping noise whenever you kick/pass/cross the ball does my head in. The robotic movement of the players is pathetic too (especially after playing a game of fifa 10 you can see the difference). The shooting mechanics overall are complete wack.

Looks like i'm not going to be touching pes this year (again) even though it has improved. Fifa just rose way above it.

go49oner

Established Member
Been playing it for the past hour and it's truly bad, I almost prefer last years version to this, and I couldn't stand that game.

Not a patch on FIFA '10 demo.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcutlKrJ7lA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcutlKrJ7lA</a>

:lol: :lol:

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
It's falling further and further behind. A shame really because 3 or 4 years ago it was unrivalled.

As I said elsewhere, the jump to next gen has destroyed it, it's just failed to make the progression.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
agree with others, ive tried the Demo and i think its not actually as good as PES 09, il try the FIFA10 when i get home later to see about the gaps in class. Ive been playing PES09 a bit recently and its not too bad, just cant see how its hard to improve on a game 1 year apart, or have i missed something ??

Kraig

Established Member
like many others i used to be an exclusive pro evo guy. those days appear long gone. i still love that on evo you can ping volleys alot easier though and score some absolute screamers!

air

I only tried the demo on PC. I don't know if everyone has a console but on the PC they haven't updated FIFA for several years but PES has seen at least a little improvement. Also, I prefer PES on the PC. The XBox, I think they make the game too fast although I haven't tried 2010.

My main gripe with PES 2010: it's still too friggin easy. You won't win every game on top player with a mid table team, but you know you'll be comfortable in a league. That's disappointing. You know one funny thing though, professional level is more difficult! Why, it's less responsive. It's so bad it's frustrating. Top player responds but it's too easy. At least on PC.

Everyone agrees FIFA is better and has been for a couple of years. FIFA really stepped it up after they were way behind in gameplay about five years ago. In fact I wondered if we should have a FIFA vs PES thread but perhaps I'll compare them here. I mean, FIFA, I just can't get used to it. The big difference for me is that in PES the teams move as a unit. Switching flanks will get you into space. I played FIFA 09 and it just felt like the opponent was static all the time. Another thing is the responsiveness and passing. Somehow the ball just feels light in FIFA. Seriously, it's hard to explain but I don't feel like I'm passing it.

number_0

Established Member
THe game play is so easy its embarrassing.
as soon as the ball lands on ronaldo/messi/torres you know its a goal.
how the gaints have fallen.

DREVAK

Established Member
I actually rate it a bit more than last year's version on the PC. Not that it's saying much but in general I'd say there has been some improvement. Mostly gone are the easy peasy runs with decent dribblers past five opposition players, the game feels slower, more passing oriented and looks better – not just graphics wise but also in terms of how the gameplay actually looks on the pitch.

However it's still plagued by bugs, new and old alike, the ball behaves strangely a lot of the time and so on and so forth. For me it's an okay game, much better than 08, slightly better or on par with 09, and worse than 6. Which ultimately shouldn't be enough after a couple of years of very little improvement but it doesn't detract from the entertainment. At least not too much.

Alfonso

Established Member
Im a PES fan boy so I dont even touch Fifa, regardless how good it is. Played the new PES on the weekend. First impressions was that it was really good, but after a few hours playing I discovered a few flaws. First of all, it is quite a scrappy game, very stop start, feels like you playing in Seria A with the ref blowing every other min. Also, the offside flag constantly going off is very annoying too.

Some aspects are better than last year, as Drevak said it is harder to dribble past x amount of players which is a good thing. Another good aspect is that is has the offical CL rights on it which adds significant value to the game.

Overall, its good, better than last years version but could be so much better if they take out the annoying details mentioned above.

patrick42uk

Established Member
I think its an improved game too and i'm enough of a fanboy to overlook the tiny flaws. I have fifa and played in the time between its release and pes' but it just didnt do it for me.

Top Bottom