• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PES 2017

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Used to absolutely love PES when I was young PES 2 through to PES 6 were absolutely awesome games. I honestly never really understand why some people played FIFA instead, PES was so far ahead at the team. Shame to see how it's never quite reached the heights of a decade.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Used to absolutely love PES when I was young PES 2 through to PES 6 were absolutely awesome games. I honestly never really understand why some people played FIFA instead, PES was so far ahead at the team. Shame to see how it's never quite reached the heights of a decade.

Same, PES was lghtyears ahead of FIFA back in the day. Think the switch started in 2007 with FIFA 08, and they really hit their heights with FIFA 11.

I still want PES to do well, competition is always good as I don't want FIFA to turn into Madden.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It will be nice to feel like PES is an option this year. Last year's demo was really promising but I just can't play a game where we're not properly branded and I don't have the strength to deal with the option files lol. I'll buy FIFA for sure like I do every year but this may be a purchase too if it's good.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In the trailer Kos passes it to Özil when his surrounded by three players :lol::lol:

The feel of the players in PES is always a refreshing change as the top players feel unique from each other but without licenses they still need some sort of gimmick that makes it worth buying.

Wish someone would bring back the deliberate dive/foul like in This is Football.

Prawn Sandwich

Been playing the Euros version of PES.

Simple download onto a usb-pen and plugged into the PS4 to add all the league logos and team kits. A bit annoying to do but worth it to make it basically FIFA realistic in terms of presentation.

So out of practice and too used to FIFA right now! The last PES I played had us licensed and at Highbury! :lol:

E

Enoch

I'm happy Arsenal are licensed in PES now, they have exclusive license of Camp Nou as well, so that won't be in FIFA.

GAMEPLAY

• Keepers have been dramatically improved. They're much more reactive and liable to get a hand or foot on the ball, and they aren't letting in the goals like they were last year. The new movements and animations are also quite lovely to watch. While they've gotten better at making the saves they should, it's not like they're iron walls, either, which is good.
  • Defenses in general are better, cutting down on the through ball in particular. No longer are there wide channels to put in through balls for a 1 v 1 with the keeper.
  • The fidelity of players' touch of the ball is remarkable. You can not only see how their foot receives the ball and passes it, but it feels nice being able to take a touch and do a move after. That being said, last year's work on physical play continues, and it's not like you can just dance around everyone. Ball control feels good, and does what you expect, but it's not overpowering.
  • Speaking of physical play, the refs are more likely to call fouls, give a card, let the advantage continue, or call for a free kick. If two years ago the refs were too touchy, and last year they looked the other way, then this year it feels just right. I definitely saw fouls that would have not been called last year.
  • Fatigue seems to be a little better. My players weren't on red or less by the 70th minute.
  • PES Productions says that the game has an adaptive A.I. that adjusts to your play. So if you keep feeding a certain player, it will make sure to double-team that guy as soon as he gets the ball. Similarly, if you keep trying to hoof the long-ball, it'll adjust. This is above and beyond the normal changes to the A.I. if they're behind, for instance.
TACTICS

• The new layer to the tactics system has a lot of options for offensive and defensive play (you can pick two for offense and defense). At first it makes your head spin a little, but I got used to calling them after a while. Off the top of my head, there were easily 10 or more on offense and six or seven on defense. Hug Touchline, Attacking Fullbacks, Wing Rotation, False 9, Tika-Taka, and Centering Target are just a few of the offensive ones. On defense, there are Gegenpress, Counter Target, Drop Back Defense, and more. Last year's tactical options are still there, and this year's are initiated by pressing left trigger and then the corresponding d-pad button.
  • You can also ask your keeper to come up for corners.
  • There will be tutorials for some if not all of the tactics.
  • For corners you can d-pad strategies like Dash, Train (where your guys get in a line), Far Post, and 6-Yard Box. Defenses can also arrange themselves in a zone or man marking.
DAY ONE UPDATE, MASTER LEAGUE & MORE

• Konami is promising a day-one roster update, and Adam Bhatti global product and brand manager for PES, says that last year's problem has been fixed and the team is committed to weekly updates. The updates will be online and offline.
  • Edit files to import real kits are now much easier. Fans can put up their creations as USB files which can be shared and uploaded. This is for PS4 only, Xbox One is not included.
  • Master League will have more drama for deadline day.
  • You can't tweak offer amounts for transfers.
  • Your Master League budget is now split between the money you have for player salaries, and the money you have for transfer fees.
  • Developing players via loaning is much bigger part of the experience, developing your players, and managing your roster.
  • There are now 22 roles for players.
  • The training system has been overhauled, including learning their positions and skills (which are also part of players' growth).
  • New stadiums will be announced at a later date.
  • MyClub now has a scout auction system. You still have scouts and agents, but by auctioning for specific scouts, you can get a specific player you want.
  • A MyClub pre-match analysis screen gives you some info about your opponent.

The man in charge of PES said they cant afford the leagues so they are looking to sign clubs directly to partnerships.

Stoneh

Feck... new Pes is awesome. Just been on demo.. how good is Özil?? They have increased his stats by quite a margain. The control and passing is majestic.

Love how bellerins stats have gone up by almost 10 points. Fastest fullback in game.

Cant wait for full version

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Not usually a fan of PES, but man this game is awesome. They've replicated Özil perfectly. The way he moves, dribbles, passes etc. When you do a fake shot / drag back / cruyf turn, he does it exactly how he does it in real life. Look at this pass:

The one thing I don't like is the 5 second pause between every replay and cut scene, that gets annoying after a while.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not usually a fan of PES, but man this game is awesome. They've replicated Özil perfectly. The way he moves, dribbles, passes etc. When you do a fake shot / drag back / cruyf turn, he does it exactly how he does it in real life. Look at this pass:

The one thing I don't like is the 5 second pause between every replay and cut scene, that gets annoying after a while.
dont give me clips man. I can;t afford to get into games again.

Axel_Gunner

is there any way to disable the replays/video sequences for every foul, goal, goal kick...... so annoying. (ps4)

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Anyone know what this will be like on PC based on past games? I don't have a PS4 and there's no way I will be able to play without downloading an option file for kits etc, which Xbox doesn't allow.

I've heard rumours that the PC version is like previous gen and nothing like the XB1/PS4 versions :(

E

Enoch

is there any way to disable the replays/video sequences for every foul, goal, goal kick...... so annoying. (ps4)

Don't think so mate, i agree it's annoying though, maybe on '17 they'll fix it?

Anyone know what this will be like on PC based on past games? I don't have a PS4 and there's no way I will be able to play without downloading an option file for kits etc, which Xbox doesn't allow.

I've heard rumours that the PC version is like previous gen and nothing like the XB1/PS4 versions :(

PES '17 on PC will not be PS4/X1 port unfortunately, due to many reasons, money, piracy issues etc.. so it will be PS3/X360 port. Though on PC there is a lot more freedom to tinker with the game as far as modding.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

drat. I was looking forward to it.

Don't think so mate, i agree it's annoying though, maybe on '17 they'll fix it?

PES '17 on PC will not be PS4/X1 port unfortunately, due to many reasons, money, piracy issues etc.. so it will be PS3/X360 port. Though on PC there is a lot more freedom to tinker with the game as far as modding.
That's a bummer. PC is the master race. We need our offerings :mad:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom