• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PES 2017

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
PES '17 on PC will not be PS4/X1 port unfortunately, due to many reasons, money, piracy issues etc.. so it will be PS3/X360 port. Though on PC there is a lot more freedom to tinker with the game as far as modding.
Absolute bummer, that. Will probably still get it, download the kits etc and just hope for the best.

The lack of ability to download option files for Xbox is a deal breaker for me, can't be playing without any proper kits or even the entire Bundesliga ffs.

E

Enoch

Reviews are out for PES '17 and nothing but great news, some giving it a 9.5/10 and 4.5/5.0, not surprising since it's the superior game. Shame that it doesn't get the respect it deserves just because it's not flashy.

thierrytheking14

I had high hopes for this game, I really did. Read the reviews, saw the clips n bought into the whole 'hype' about it being superior to fifa.

Bought it Friday and all Friday night was enjoying it. Downloaded the option file and it was ready to go. The ball physics are fantastic, sharp graphics and scored a few worldies.

The more I played it the less I liked it though. Shouted out loud in frustration a number of times when in possession I pressed the pass button, it took the guy so long to actually release the pass, I got stripped of it. With relative ease as well trying to shield the ball with Giroud wasnt good. Small defenders were ripping the ball off him and the 'auto shield feature' seems very hit and miss. Master League isn't great either. I know FIFAs career mode has its faults but master league was poor.

I dunno, I'll give it more hours of play but I've pre-ordered FIFA as I just don't see it having any longevity with me personally.

Which kinda sucks cos I've done nothing for the last 2 months but big it up to my FIFA playing mates!

Lollipoppins

AM's Chef de Cuisine
I had high hopes for this game, I really did. Read the reviews, saw the clips n bought into the whole 'hype' about it being superior to fifa.

Bought it Friday and all Friday night was enjoying it. Downloaded the option file and it was ready to go. The ball physics are fantastic, sharp graphics and scored a few worldies.

The more I played it the less I liked it though. Shouted out loud in frustration a number of times when in possession I pressed the pass button, it took the guy so long to actually release the pass, I got stripped of it. With relative ease as well trying to shield the ball with Giroud wasnt good. Small defenders were ripping the ball off him and the 'auto shield feature' seems very hit and miss. Master League isn't great either. I know FIFAs career mode has its faults but master league was poor.

I dunno, I'll give it more hours of play but I've pre-ordered FIFA as I just don't see it having any longevity with me personally.

Which kinda sucks cos I've done nothing for the last 2 months but big it up to my FIFA playing mates!
I can live with all the bare annoyances ye mentioned but not Master League! :confused:Whats the problem with it? cause that is a make or break for me :(

Last edited:

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Bought the game on Friday, first PES since 2010. Got it on Xbox and will just learn to live with the fact there's no licences.

Unfortunately, it's not good news. The game seems completely broken to me, it's far far far too easy. I'm not even that good, yet I've bumped the difficulty up to Super Star and I'm still winning every game. The AI is seriously some of the worst I've ever seen in a football game, it is completely broken tbh, FIFA 2001 had better AI than this. No matter who I play against, they never score and hardly have any shots. Every game finishes 1, 2 or 3-0 to me, with the AI team either having 0 shots at all, or 2-3 maximum. Played about 30 games in total and have only conceded about 2 goals from open play, no lie.

Tried playing the become a legend mode which I enjoyed when I last played PES years ago, and it's simply unplayable. Every single match finishes 0-0 because the AI simply cannot attack and you never get the ball.

This is actually sad.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Won't be buying it but I thought it definitely had some advantages over FIFA. Attacks seems more realistic as compared to FIFA17, where off the ball runs happen way to frequently.

Only played on the lower settings while I was getting used to get but the AI seems more intelligent at that level compared to FIFA. Was caught on the counter so tried bringing the keeper out and they just easily shot from distance, wouldn't of happened in FIFA.

The cut scenes are spectacular though, however even when skipping them it takes way too long to get back to playing.

Lollipoppins

AM's Chef de Cuisine
So much contrasting opinions. After reading so many reviews I'm more confused than ever. :confused:The AI though seemed to have been received favourably in comparison.

thierrytheking14

I can live with all the bare annoyances ye mentioned but not Master League! :confused:Whats the problem with it? cause that is a make or break for me :(
The master league just isn't great. The youth team is just the same players every time no matter what team your with. As far as I know it's not like FIFA whereby you have any scouting opportunities for youth players...they just pre-populate in there. Not a fan.

The transfer system is poor too. From what I can see you just 'bid' on a player with no actual control over it. After negotiations open you can attempt to reduce transfer fee but again it's done for you. I like to be able to bid on players what I want to bid. Not a fan.

Like I said I know FIFAs management career has it's flaws but I'd take it over the master league any dau of the week.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Not liking what I'm seeing and reading about the new PES.

Its the kind of game that seems amazing when you first see it and play it, but the more you play it, the more holes you realize the gameplay has. Delayed reactions, bad defending, horrible AI, poor game modes, etc... The game has no long term playability IMO.

Lollipoppins

AM's Chef de Cuisine
Ahh bollix. Right so, guess it's off the xmas list :confused:. I will get it, but on a used deal next year sometime or borrow it from someone. :eek:ops: can't part with €60 for something that's going to annoy me, esp the ML.

thierrytheking14

Not liking what I'm seeing and reading about the new PES.

Its the kind of game that seems amazing when you first see it and play it, but the more you play it, the more holes you realize the gameplay has. Delayed reactions, bad defending, horrible AI, poor game modes, etc... The game has no long term playability IMO.

Couldn't have said it better myself man. The longer I played it last weekend the less I liked it. I never had that with Fifa. The shine of PES soon wore off for me and I felt a bit disappointed. Roll on fifa next Friday.

Thst being said I'll play PES this weekend to see if my mind can be changed but I very much doubt it will be.

Lollipoppins

AM's Chef de Cuisine
Couldn't have said it better myself man. The longer I played it last weekend the less I liked it. I never had that with Fifa. The shine of PES soon wore off for me and I felt a bit disappointed. Roll on fifa next Friday.

Thst being said I'll play PES this weekend to see if my mind can be changed but I very much doubt it will be.
Report back. :p

thierrytheking14

Report back. :p
I will do Lolli!

Don't mean to burst your bubble in regards to pes tho...it's just my opinion. I love my footy games so was hoping for big things from it but a bit underwhelmed.

Fifa has neglected the career mode a bit in favour of the ultimate team cash cow so was hoping pes would take me away from it. Not this year tho - unless fifa 17s final release is complete horses**t haha

Lollipoppins

AM's Chef de Cuisine
I will do Lolli!

Don't mean to burst your bubble in regards to pes tho...it's just my opinion. I love my footy games so was hoping for big things from it but a bit underwhelmed.

Fifa has neglected the career mode a bit in favour of the ultimate team cash cow so was hoping pes would take me away from it. Not this year tho - unless fifa 17s final release is complete horses**t haha
:lol:

blaze_of_glory

Is it really not that great? The demo seems very good from what I've played.

But then I loved the PES 2016 demo and found that the actual game was not quite as good as I had hoped. Not bad at all, and better than the recent Fifas, but still too many annoyances to keep me interested for very long. Maybe the same thing with this iteration. Definitely not getting it at full price.

Lollipoppins

AM's Chef de Cuisine
Is it really not that great? The demo seems very good from what I've played.

But then I loved the PES 2016 demo and found that the actual game was not quite as good as I had hoped. Not bad at all, and better than the recent Fifas, but still too many annoyances to keep me interested for very long. Maybe the same thing with this iteration. Definitely not getting it at full price.
Exactly. The demo seemed smooth and responsive, thought it all looked good too. But then again, guess most demos do don't they. Pity, i really had my heart set on this latest installment. Played 16 and really liked it. Hopefully @thierrytheking14 comes back after the weekend with a more favourable feedback.

Stoneh

I dont understand, i thought the master league was very good this year. Players have roles which offer bonuses on and off the pitch. Its very hard to start with squad but with time spent and correct training given you can develop young stars.

The game is slightly different from demo which is annoying. Thing is... havinh played both demos pes played much better than Fifa. I guess the final versions are ones that count. Im still getting fifa because of the new story mode and online clubs... which is a laugh playing with 7 mates in same team.

Lollipoppins

AM's Chef de Cuisine
I dont understand, i thought the master league was very good this year. Players have roles which offer bonuses on and off the pitch. Its very hard to start with squad but with time spent and correct training given you can develop young stars.

The game is slightly different from demo which is annoying. Thing is... havinh played both demos pes played much better than Fifa. I guess the final versions are ones that count. Im still getting fifa because of the new story mode and online clubs... which is a laugh playing with 7 mates in same team.
.... So many contrasting opinions. But good to know :) read a direct comparison there only a couple days and they reckon the AI rendering was much better in Pes than Fifa :confused: i dunno anymore cause seems the overall consensus is that there is no overall winner. Yet. Think its looking ever more likely that it'll be Pes for me, just maybe not full price. Which means playing it when pes 18 comes out :lol:

Godwin1

Very well-known
.... So many contrasting opinions. But good to know :) read a direct comparison there only a couple days and they reckon the AI rendering was much better in Pes than Fifa :confused: i dunno anymore cause seems the overall consensus is that there is no overall winner. Yet. Think its looking ever more likely that it'll be Pes for me, just maybe not full price. Which means playing it when pes 18 comes out :lol:
Yeah very confusing, read reviews from some of the more popular gaming sites which seem to firmly place PES ahead in terms of game play. Probably going to have to go with fifa again though mainly due to ease of competitive mp.

Top Bottom