• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PES 2017

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Yeah very confusing, read reviews from some of the more popular gaming sites which seem to firmly place PES ahead in terms of game play. Probably going to have to go with fifa again though mainly due to ease of competitive mp.
I always wonder how much game time the reviews actually give the game before they write a review. I always find PES initially comes off as light years ahead of FIFA in terms of game play, player movements, and animations. But after a few weeks or months with the game, it becomes almost unplayable due to all the quirks you figure out with the game play. PES 4 (IMO the greatest football game of all time) was the only release where I don't think this applies. Just my experience with the series though...

Godwin1

Very well-known
I always wonder how much game time the reviews actually give the game before they write a review. I always find PES initially comes off as light years ahead of FIFA in terms of game play, player movements, and animations. But after a few weeks or months with the game, it becomes almost unplayable due to all the quirks you figure out with the game play. PES 4 (IMO the greatest football game of all time) was the only release where I don't think this applies. Just my experience with the series though...
Yeah same applies to fifa competitive online play. The higher you get the more you see people using the same things to get cheap goals Agree with PES 4 though GOAT.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is it really not that great? The demo seems very good from what I've played.

But then I loved the PES 2016 demo and found that the actual game was not quite as good as I had hoped. Not bad at all, and better than the recent Fifas, but still too many annoyances to keep me interested for very long. Maybe the same thing with this iteration. Definitely not getting it at full price.

Is 2016 that bad?
I recently started playing PES again and yesterday I had a match 13 shots on target at half time with about 4 or 5 one on one s ****ing Torres just can't seem to score. Drew 1-1 in the end, Gabi long shot for me and Ibrahimovic header. Overall over 2 hours I lost tho...only won once.
Thinking of getting a PS4 for Christmas, is it worth it for PES/FIFA

blaze_of_glory

Is 2016 that bad?
I recently started playing PES again and yesterday I had a match 13 shots on target at half time with about 4 or 5 one on one s ****ing Torres just can't seem to score. Drew 1-1 in the end, Gabi long shot for me and Ibrahimovic header. Overall over 2 hours I lost tho...only won once.
Thinking of getting a PS4 for Christmas, is it worth it for PES/FIFA
No, its not that bad. Just not as good as I hoped it was going to be after playing the demo last year.

blaze_of_glory

Is the problem the AI? cause I mainly only play PES for versus
Yeah just little annoying things with the AI, and also that the gameplay is a bit more run and gun than it seemed in the demo. I liked the slower more methodical gameplay that the demo had, and that I think PES 2017 has now.

Polar Bear

Picked up a copy of this on wednesday for Xbox One and loving it so far, very good game. Much better than PES 2016.. many improvements. I'm liking it a lot, online is very smooth too. I'd give it 9/10.

Lollipoppins

AM's Chef de Cuisine
Picked up a copy of this on wednesday for Xbox One and loving it so far, very good game. Much better than PES 2016.. many improvements. I'm liking it a lot, online is very smooth too. I'd give it 9/10.
Finally a really positive review. Hopefully the longer you play it, that won't change :confused:

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Downloaded the demos for this and Fifa 17 the other day (I only bought a PS4 about a month ago). I thought the gameplay on PES was easily better than Fifa's. Player models were definitely better on PES. Fifa may have the edge on replays/animations but I couldn't care less about any of that. Fifa feels clunky and heavy in comparison to this. I will most likely just wait to buy PES 2018 since it should be out in a couple of months, right?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Downloaded the demos for this and Fifa 17 the other day (I only bought a PS4 about a month ago). I thought the gameplay on PES was easily better than Fifa's. Player models were definitely better on PES. Fifa may have the edge on replays/animations but I couldn't care less about any of that. Fifa feels clunky and heavy in comparison to this. I will most likely just wait to buy PES 2018 since it should be out in a couple of months, right?
i think September.

blaze_of_glory

Both this and Fifa 17 are on sale now for PS4 digital.

PES is $19.99 CAN, and Fifa is $15.99. Sale ends June 13. I'm on the fence, don't know if I can be bothered doing the whole option file thing for PES again.

really enjoy pes 17, much more enjoyable game play than fifa. Fifa may be more realistic and in depth but pro evo is far more enjoyable gaming experience. definitely the hipsters game

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Both this and Fifa 17 are on sale now for PS4 digital.

PES is $19.99 CAN, and Fifa is $15.99. Sale ends June 13. I'm on the fence, don't know if I can be bothered doing the whole option file thing for PES again.
buy PES for the soundtrack. I had PES 2013(?) and it had an awesome soundtrack.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom