• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PES 2019

Bergkamp1988

I noticed there was a PES 16 and 17 thread but no 19. So there it is.

It's my first PES since 2007 probably.
I moved to Fifa in 2010 because it clearly was a better game. It was quite amazing at the time. Pes was an 'arcade' game and fifa was the closest thing to a simulation.

Fifa has been on the downfall since 2014/15. Got more and more 'arcady', the gameplay has become a nightmare. No respect for build up play. Just counter over counter, way too fast (especially on FUT) . No wonder kids get ADD. Play Fifa with a bowl of Fruit Loops, you'll be Tweeking in no time.

I went back to PES thinking '' might as well''. And I am quite baffled actually.
Haven't enjoyed a football game so much since fifa 12 I'd say.

Of course the content isn't that great but what is the point of having content if the actual game is all screwed up.

Any PES players and Fifa dissidents ?
I am curious of your experience with the game.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I noticed there was a PES 16 and 17 thread but no 19. So there it is.

It's my first PES since 2007 probably.
I moved to Fifa in 2010 because it clearly was a better game. It was quite amazing at the time. Pes was an 'arcade' game and fifa was the closest thing to a simulation.

Fifa has been on the downfall since 2014/15. Got more and more 'arcady', the gameplay has become a nightmare. No respect for build up play. Just counter over counter, way too fast (especially on FUT) . No wonder kids get ADD. Play Fifa with a bowl of Fruit Loops, you'll be Tweeking in no time.

I went back to PES thinking '' might as well''. And I am quite baffled actually.
Haven't enjoyed a football game so much since fifa 12 I'd say.

Of course the content isn't that great but what is the point of having content if the actual game is all screwed up.

Any PES players and Fifa dissidents ?
I am curious of your experience with the game.
I switched to PES19 after having FIFA18 because FIFA19 is **** and I wanted something new. After installing the kits/logos/etc. so far so good, I don't like some things about the UI, but the gameplay feels much better.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I've loved PES since a long time.

But had access to FIFA on a friends PS. FIFA is much much better experience wrt User Interface.

But once the game starts, it's PES all the way. Shooting, passing feels much more natural. Become a Legend mode is awesomer than the FIFA counterpart.

Also PES has a rocking playlist

Bergkamp1988

I've loved PES since a long time.

But had access to FIFA on a friends PS. FIFA is much much better experience wrt User Interface.

But once the game starts, it's PES all the way. Shooting, passing feels much more natural. Become a Legend mode is awesomer than the FIFA counterpart.

Also PES has a rocking playlist

Ah man, much agreed. Haven't tried the become a legend yet. It's a mode that I enjoyed on fifa, knowing that it's even better here is good news.
Fine Playlist indeed. Fifa used to be awesome in 98-2000. Blurr fat boy slim etc. Now it's a mix of bad taste music from every genre. Even Italian rap ffs.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ah man, much agreed. Haven't tried the become a legend yet. It's a mode that I enjoyed on fifa, knowing that it's even better here is good news.
Fine Playlist indeed. Fifa used to be awesome in 98-2000. Blurr fat boy slim etc. Now it's a mix of bad taste music from every genre. Even Italian rap ffs.
Great spot.

I remember they even had Robbie Williams around that time. Used to keep mucking around in the menus to hear that song.

Didn't have any easy access to that song so the only way to hear it was to keep it in the menu and hope it would play my song.

Then I downloaded it from Napster iirc and killed the song forever . I digress too much

Edit: it was "its only us"

TheEconomist

Established Member
I invested a lot of time in FIFA 19 this year. Built up a really strong FUT squad , and as you progress through the divisions I completely agree that it's all about counter attacking, speed, and the quality of your squad. The game isn't made for passing, tactical football.

That being said I've been let down too many times by PES to trust them again. They're a bit like Arsenal in that way

Bergkamp1988

I invested a lot of time in FIFA 19 this year. Built up a really strong FUT squad , and as you progress through the divisions I completely agree that it's all about counter attacking, speed, and the quality of your squad. The game isn't made for passing, tactical football.

That being said I've been let down too many times by PES to trust them again. They're a bit like Arsenal in that way

Haha PES is a bit like arsenal indeed. Trying to be fair, to be '' the good guy'' but ends up not being that efficient.

That being said. I did have a go at pes 2016 (I think it was), was somewhat disappointed as well.

But 2019 truly is amazing. It' s only been a couple of weeks, the only mode I'm playing is classic online divisions. The gameplay really is damn fine.

There's a lot to be said about the '' realisticness'' of the gameplay (its slower for example and there's more natural mistakes in the passing, no laser pass bs.).
But mostly.. Although I tend to lose more at pes than at fifa, when I do lose or win, in know / understand why. There is none or very little of that '' momentum'' bs where you completely lose the control of the game / your players... This was the most frustrating thing in fifa (that started to get worse when FUT appeared around 2014..).

So.. Yeah.. Pes all the way. It's about the gameplay (although it's far from perfect) not so much the '' content'' imo.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Haha PES is a bit like arsenal indeed. Trying to be fair, to be '' the good guy'' but ends up not being that efficient.

That being said. I did have a go at pes 2016 (I think it was), was somewhat disappointed as well.

But 2019 truly is amazing. It' s only been a couple of weeks, the only mode I'm playing is classic online divisions. The gameplay really is damn fine.

There's a lot to be said about the '' realisticness'' of the gameplay (its slower for example and there's more natural mistakes in the passing, no laser pass bs.).
But mostly.. Although I tend to lose more at pes than at fifa, when I do lose or win, in know / understand why. There is none or very little of that '' momentum'' bs where you completely lose the control of the game / your players... This was the most frustrating thing in fifa (that started to get worse when FUT appeared around 2014..).

So.. Yeah.. Pes all the way. It's about the gameplay (although it's far from perfect) not so much the '' content'' imo.

I've always been a PES player since ISS Pro 98. I played ever game on the ps2. I stopped when it was the game where all of their shirts were permanently tucked in and the edit function had gone. I picked it up again a few years back and 2019 is by far the best.

I would say it's better than Fifa but I play against the CPU and there are so many flaws. Top player is the highest difficulty where there is no scripting, but I find that too easy now. Stepped it up to Superstar and although I can win, the scripting is evident and ruins the experience.

Major issues are:

passing - You may have completely ripped the cpu apart requiring only one through ball to be played, but the ball will purposely be played to the wrong player. I am talking about a 2 on 1 situation where a simple pass somehow ends up being played to a player 10 yards behind the one you want to play it to.

Your players noticeable are fatigued to an insane extent when you are leading at half time. Players take ages to turn and do simple things yet the opposition have infinite energy to gegenpress the whole half.

Set pieces are really hard to defend as sometimes your best header of the ball may be positioned randomly before the corner. They should be in the same place each time like real life.

On the whole most of the scripting doesn't bother me. What annoys me is that it is present to make the game harder when they could do it in different ways. For example, they try and score the same way all the time. cut backs with first time passes around the corner to someone behind them to finish with a tap in. That pass doesn't occur in football. It shouldnt happen repeatedly in a simulation.

There are enough in game tactics for the CPU to have different styles. They don't really apply them. Teams with target men don't knock it long and hold up the ball. I want a game where I am forced to adjust how I play depending on the opposition.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Just got PES 20 for cheap to try it out the gameplay look good but very slow players are very slow the master league look bit improved but i don't know why Arsenal start in CL qualification and not in europa league :lol:

Bergkamp1988

Just got PES 20 for cheap to try it out the gameplay look good but very slow players are very slow the master league look bit improved but i don't know why Arsenal start in CL qualification and not in europa league :lol:

My next buy ;)

You tried online seasons yet?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom