• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Petr Cech (Out)

samshere

Why so serieuse?
We've got our money's worth out of Cech. Wouldn't mind if he's let go on loan. Personally I don't think that his level has dropped that much over the previous years, our mess last season was a combination of the gk and defense. But obviously he can be improved upon and I'm happy that the club bit the bullet and got a replacement in. I remember Almunia hanging around much longer than he should've and this proactive work by the team should be appreciated.

Stannis

Don’t want cech to leave. I hope he stays as a 2 for a couple more seasons. In that time hopefully Virginia can then take over as the next number 2

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Cech was dreadful this year, and even tailend of the season before that, signs were there that he's past it. I wouldn't say his entire period here was bad though, he started off dreadfully but was class for an year.

I'd keep Ospina as backup, rather than Cech.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Don’t want cech to leave. I hope he stays as a 2 for a couple more seasons. In that time hopefully Virginia can then take over as the next number 2

I wouldn't say more seasons, but next one at least.
Imagine a injury for Leno or he will not settle well here - i still would prefer to see Cech in goal than Ospina.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Cech is a smart guy.

Sure he will sit down look at Lenos history, level & stats.

Realise his own in a down year compare very favourably & get ready for a pre season battle.

His rival is not Courtois level jetting in from a huge season with Altetico.

Only makes sense to go if a major European club offers a 2 or 3 year deal.

Stannis

I wouldn't say more seasons, but next one at least.
Imagine a injury for Leno or he will not settle well here - i still would prefer to see Cech in goal than Ospina.

After this deal is up I wouldn’t mind him signing a Lichtensteiner like contract ( 1 + 1 )

We actually have a good goalkeeping coaching setup now.
I’m hopeful that we can get a couple more seasons out of cech

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Cech is a smart guy.

Sure he will sit down look at Lenos history, level & stats.

Realise his own in a down year compare very favourably & get ready for a pre season battle.

His rival is not Courtois level jetting in from a huge season with Altetico.

Only makes sense to go if a major European club offers a 2 or 3 year deal.
I agree with this. Also worth noting he is a natural leader and may see his life after his career in coaching or something similar. Sticking around allows him more experience in that regard. He also has his whole life in London and has done for years.

Zaza

Nope. We need leaders in the dressing room and Cech is one. Besides I'm honestly not convinced by Leno. Haven't watched him that much but it's like Sven signed him based on his potential despite being average for two seasons now. Need Cech to serve as a guide and push him

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Nope. We need leaders in the dressing room and Cech is one. Besides I'm honestly not convinced by Leno. Haven't watched him that much but it's like Sven signed him based on his potential despite being average for two seasons now. Need Cech to serve as a guide and push him
Sometimes a youngster just needs a change. Look at Sterling. Lad was starting to plateau at Pool. Moved to city had one slump season and then bam, madness on a stick figure.

lucky7

Cech has lost all agility, speed and decisiveness. No coming back from that. Sell ASAP.
Going to be tricky to find a club willing to pay him 100k. Remember also that he wants to stay in London for his family. West Ham just signed Fabianski. Crystal Palace aren't looking. None of the Czech clubs can even remotely afford him.

Fullham?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Really hope that Cech becomes the Cup/EL keeper now.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Surely with Leno confirmed that now means he's on the way out?

nah rather see Ospina leave

Cech is more of a rolemodel for the youngsters to look up to

Cech gotta see that he at this point in his career he isn't a starter and I value his professionalism more than Ospinas (who should be wanting to start more)

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I really don't see him going anywhere. He's at the point in his career where family life is more important than his career. How many years has he been in London? I don't see that changing!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom