• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Petr Cech: Retiring at the end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stannis

great of the game

as others have mentioned he was brilliant overall that once season

I know we only saw the tail end, but I'm glad we have an association with him. Even at Chelsea, it was impossible to hate him.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Kind of strange, didn't he say he was willing to extend his contract just a short while ago? Ability wise based on what he showed earlier this season he still seems to have it, so it's kind of a shame. I assume maybe it's more due to the same family reason that kept him in London after Chelsea.

Last edited:

Stannis

Kind of stranger, didn't he say he was willing to extend his contract just a short while ago? Ability wise based on what he showed earlier this season he still seems to have it, so it's kind of a shame. I assume maybe it's more due to the same family reason that kept him in London after Chelsea.

obvious Leno has overtaken him and I doubt he wants to play for a small club in London

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Definitely a PL great and a great personality, shame his time here wasn't quite as successful as everyone had hoped.

Makes sense for him to retire and for the club as well, he is on massive wages for a back-up goalie.

ChefMan21

Shame, because I thought he had another season in him, but on the positive side it reduces our wage bill. Not sure what his plans are post-playing, but if he is keen and (most importantly) of high enough quality, I'd like to see him remain at the club in some capacity.

FinnGooner

Established Member
I think he's been a good servant to the club, despite not quite being able to reach the heights of his peak performances. However, it's nice to get his wages off the books since he probably wouldn't win back the no. 1 job anyway, at least not as long as Emery is coaching. Even if Emery got replaced, I think any modern coach prefers a GK with a good ball distribution qualities and Cech just simply isn't suited for that kind of approach. I'd be glad to keep him in the club in some capacity, though. The man is a top professional and a proven winner and has a remarkable CV to show for it.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
One of the greats!

Those fans who hated on him are the same sort who hated on Özil, Auba and Heccyy, that is people who are looking for something to hate

Shame. Feels like he is still the best keeper at the club. It will be interesting to see how we replace him in the summer. Will we spend money on at least some decent GK to start for us, we are lacking all over the pitch. I doubt we have money for that.

For GKs he was in some decline when he joined us but I still respect him here. Good GK and better than what we had before him. Think he liked it here and hopefully it isn't last we see from him in connection to our club!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Imagine if we didn't waste his time here by making him train with Gerry Peyton.

He had a great run overall in his career. Good luck to him.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Served the club well even though he had a few shockers over the last year. Best of luck to him.

Can Martinez make the stepup to being Leno's backup or will we need to look at goalkeepers for the summer? (Not ideal with a limited budget)

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Served the club well even though he had a few shockers over the last year. Best of luck to him.

Can Martinez make the stepup to being Leno's backup or will we need to look at goalkeepers for the summer? (Not ideal with a limited budget)
we could always hang on to Ospina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom