• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Petr Cech: Retiring at the end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
After achieving for years!!!

What a harsh post. Cech easily makes the top 5 list for keepers in the Premier League era.. No shame in getting older
Yes. He achieved a lot in Chelsea. I am just saying that by the time he was at Arsenal, he was mostly done. Henry is always an Arsenal legend. Do you think Barca fans gave a **** about him? I respect Cech's career. But he is nowhere close to the list of Arsenal legends. And if the news that he had discussions with Chelsea for a future post is true, I don't have any reason to respect his career at all.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yes. He achieved a lot in Chelsea. I am just saying that by the time he was at Arsenal, he was mostly done. Henry is always an Arsenal legend. Do you think Barca fans gave a **** about him? I respect Cech's career. But he is nowhere close to the list of Arsenal legends. And if the news that he had discussions with Chelsea for a future post is true, I don't have any reason to respect his career at all.
Oh, okay sorry I missed that. I don't consider him a legend of our club.

Lacaz1fan

Arsenal was just a few years stop gap for Cech. The whole club setting has really regressed and we're going back at alarming rate. The money we refused to spend will always come back to haunt us. Cech was free, but he's done more damage than any of our Polish goalies could have done. Fabianski or Szechny could have grown into that position.
Right now, we lack an identity. We have an Indian and Spanish at the head who always come across as being clueless. We have a manager who seems to be out of depth. We have a band of fans profitting from club losses. Winter is coming! And it will be worse.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is a man who deserves to be treated in a dignified manner and shown respect.

Yes, he may not have been the best with us, and beyond his peak years, but as a person, as a character, he showed complete respect to the club and its supporters.

Its the same ****ing **** that Eboue was subjected to while with us.

While Cech will not go down as a legend, but rather a worthy player to wear the shirt. He represents the type of character I want to see at Arsenal football club, in addition to playing ability.

Go well Petr, thank you for everything.

I still remember his performance in our 2-0 win over Bayern and will be forever thankful to him for that.

buji banton

Everybody knew Cech was finished long before the final. The club knew it hence they got Leno in, he knew it and that's why he announced retirement many months ago. His starting the Europa final can only be put on the manager.
He's been good at times, he's been trash on many more occasions. Can't save penalties, can't stop anything at his near post. His final performance was the best I've seen from him in years. But that's over now. Good luck to him in the future.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Arsenal was just a few years stop gap for Cech. The whole club setting has really regressed and we're going back at alarming rate. The money we refused to spend will always come back to haunt us. Cech was free, but he's done more damage than any of our Polish goalies could have done. Fabianski or Szechny could have grown into that position.
Right now, we lack an identity. We have an Indian and Spanish at the head who always come across as being clueless. We have a manager who seems to be out of depth. We have a band of fans profitting from club losses. Winter is coming! And it will be worse.

All those who cared about the club have left. Ramsey was the last.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

Was he free? I thought we paid a decent size fee for him

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I'll get this thread locked, embarrassing it wasn't locked the minute we lost the EL final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom