• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PFA Awards

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Very strong YPOTY nominees this season. You can easily see 2-3 of those becoming world class players.

Normally I think they get the POTY and YPOTY nominees completely wrong but it's hard to argue this years choices that seem to be spot on.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

My revised TOTY.

Courtois
Azpiliceuta Luiz Alderweireld
Walker Kante Dele Alli Rose
Mane Alexis Hazard
POTY = Hazard

YPOTY = Alli

say yes

forum master baiter
POTY: Kante
YPOTY: Alli

Alli should 100% be up for the main award, Ibra is only there because he's a United player.

POTY is tough on the basis of this season but add in last (the people who vote will) and Kante walks it.

N

NotAUserName

Apparently you can't have certain players with the BBC team selection tool:

Courtois
Valencia Van Dijk Vertonghen Rose
Herrera Dembele
Sanchez Eriksen Hazard
Kane​

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Kante has to be nailed on for POTY after he was overlooked last year.

Don't really like double winners for the YPOTY but it's hard to look past Alli.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Schmeichel

Walker Van Dijk Vertonghen

Kanté

Pogba Alli

Hazard Sanchez

Lukaku​

Team is ridiculously strong this year compared to last year. With my team you still have guys like Coutinho, Kane, Eriksen, Dembele, Alli, De Bruyne, Noble, Mane, Alderweireld, Courtois, Lloris, Azpilicueta, Costa, Herrera, Henderson etc. not even making it into the starting XI.

The league overall is looking very promising talent wise for sure.

Mitch

My team has changed a lot since December team when I created the thread.

GK:Courtois
CB: Azpilicueta
CB: Vertonghen
CB: Alderweireld
CM: Kante
CM: Lallana
CM: Alli
RW: Mane
LW: Hazard
CF: Lukaku
CF: Alexis

Honourable mentions to the likes of Pickford, Schmeichel, Foster, Keane, Koscieny, Gibson, van dijk, Xhaka, Gueye, Dembele, Herrera, Son, Eriksen, Zaha, Kane and Costa have all played very well this season.

I feel filthy and I am disgusted with myself including so many Sp**s players.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
4 Sp**s, 4 Chelsea, 1 Pool, 1 Everton and 1 United player.

POTY will defo go to Kante.

Mitch

No Alexis this season and no Özil last season, criminal. PFA & media hate Arsenal.

No Lallana? Really?

Last edited:

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
You can't have Mane ahead of Sanchez.

On individual performance alone, definitely not, but there's a narrative around Mané that's easy to support. New signing, instant impact, media's favourite club, general feel-good atmosphere surrounding Liverpool atm etc.

These awards are always just emotional subjective BS. There's seemingly not a single person excited about Arsenal right now, so no one wants to push for an Arsenal player to win anything.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Mane 13G 5A
Hazard 14G 5A
Sanchez 19G 9A

How Sway?
It's just odd that Alexis is ahead of Mane in the POTY nominations but not in the TOTY. Doesn't make much sense. It's not the same as Ibrahimovic not being in there because Kane and Lukaku were nominated for the main award as well.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

There is no case to be made for any other Arsenal player in the squad except Alexis. And probably you could argue that someone like Sane could be in there as well.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Not close at all for me, looking at the phenomenal numbers posted by Alli.

Alli certainly has better numbers but performance wise I'd say there's little between them. It's Sane's first season in England too, reckon he's been a revelation.

Top Bottom