• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PFA Awards

Malky

Established Member
Even the selection of Luiz and Cahill is an odd one. Individual performances they've hardly been outstanding but as part of the defensive unit along with Azpilicueta they've been brilliant! So how can they take two CB's from a back 3, leaving out Azpilicueta and use them in a back 4? They were **** in a back four at the start of the season, hence the reason they now play 3 at the back. If they were selecting CB's for a back 4 then why has Alderweireld, Vertonghen or Van Dijk been over looked?

As for leaving out Sanchez, what the **** are they thinking? Surprised they haven't included Pogba, just for laughs.

OG J0E

Sane didn't do a lot in the first part of the season (though nor tbf did Alli), and Alli has got a lot more goals/assists since.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's voted by the players isn't it? I suspect most of them are led my what they hear in the media e.g Hazard, Mane and the two Chelsea CBs.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Alli's been a game changer in so many important games for Sp**s, his inclusion shouldn't really be questioned, though it does highlight that maybe there isn't a great deal of quality competition for the midfield spots. Xhaka hasn't really been more than a 6 out of 10 this season, Matic has been decent at best, Cesc rarely picked, Pogba poor start and has only came good in recent months, Herrera mediocre, Henderson decent, Dembele been good but not exactly top class, Wanyama has done a decent job. It's a far cry from when Vieira, Cesc, Scholes, Gerrard, Keane, Lampard, Makalele, Essien, Gilberto, etc were all in the league at roughly the same time (or a couple of years apart at most). Probably telling how English sides we constantly in CL semi-finals at the time and now English sides look a long way off.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Kante is the player of the season.

I've just watched a Messi masterclass, meanwhile back in the premier league N'Golo ****ing Kante is apparently the best player in the league this season. Never compare these two leagues ever again. :lol:

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
Kante is very nice, humble and drives a Mini to training. Therefore he deserves the award, or something like that.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I think if you lean towards Alli, you have to include Eriksen as well. Those two have worked together brilliantly, with Eriksen arguably quietly having a better season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Kane deserved after 2 great seasons. Will be interesting to see what he'll do against top midfielder in Europe next season

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Also alli deserve it he been fantastic but seriously need to stop diving he better than that

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Kante is the player of the season.

I've just watched a Messi masterclass, meanwhile back in the premier league N'Golo ****ing Kante is apparently the best player in the league this season. Never compare these two leagues ever again. :lol:
We haven't got a Messi and they haven't got a Kante.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Why they put same player in both awards. This Just awful.

Anyway Salah and sane my choices

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
If Kane is eligible for YPOTY there's no way you can't vote for him. Pretty dumb that he is there though.

De Bruyne or Salah for POTY. Toss up, really. Both are having GOAT worthy seasons for their positions. Would probably lean Salah as he isn't tainted by slave labour.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Sane is sensational but I think Sterling has had a better season, weird how the latter only gets the nod for the young player award.

Shows just how good Sessegnon is that he’s made it, first time I’ve seen a championship player in this list that I can remember. Unfortunately Kane being in there means it defaults to him. He must have just squeezed past the cut off.

Salah for POTY, it’s not really close for me.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

According to Twitter the season officially starts on the 1st July.

Kane was 23 or under at this date and so qualifies for YPOTY.

Top Bottom