• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
We shipped over 50 goals with Kos as our best defender. Holding is injured and we just sold Kos. We have to get someone in and They have to be starting quality as it looks like Mustafi has lost all confidence and will be sold.
The bigger worry is........who....? Not many options it looks like.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Isn't this the same guy that wrote Emery's autobiography and is still in contact with the coaching staff today? He might know something.

Yes he is.
But he says he doesn't have any info about coutinho.

he just says he thinks it might be a move from his agent because he's been working on these super agents (and also Mendes, Raiola, Zahavi...) so he knows his stuff when it comes to how they operate.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Okay, confirmation. So we will sign a CB

It's not vital that we sign a CB. Holding was excellent prior to his injury last season and is now fit. Sokratis was one of best 5 players last season after an impressive first season with us. Chambers is a decent back up option with a young decent CB in Dino as fourth choice. We also have Saliba to come in next season.

Whilst at RB there are midtable teams with 2 RBs better than any of ours.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
It's not vital that we sign a CB. Holding was excellent prior to his injury last season and is now fit. Sokratis was one of best 5 players last season after an impressive first season with us. Chambers is a decent back up option with a young decent CB in Dino as fourth choice. We also have Saliba to come in next season.

Whilst at RB there are midtable teams with 2 RBs better than any of ours.
Who is Dino? Think we still need a starting quality CB because Kos came back and showed everyone up within a few games and he's gone. But yeah I'm worried about RB.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The bigger worry is........who....? Not many options it looks like.

The good thing is it's quiet. We have made it public we are after a centre back. We aren't given much away to the media. Leipzig may have leaked it from their end, but it doesn't seem to have blown up as they expected. So the discussions must be going on behind the scenes to get it done. It may also have been going on simutaneous to Pepe as why else would we be waiting on Tierney?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

All ITK's firmly in hiding again.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
More Catalan media saying Barca offered Coutinho but we not interested and we can't afford him.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
Bit surprising though that the L'Equipe journalist was so confident in this transfer and willing to put his credibility on the line like that.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Laurens just tweeted another article basically saying:

- we aren't interested in Coutinho
- Upamecano is no longer a option as the price is too high
- Rugani still an option following a meeting in London this week between Sanllehi and Juve director Fabio Paratici.

Good news, the limited matches I've seen of Upamecano in the unders 21s hes not as good as Sokratis or Holdini. I've always said Shootinho is overrated. I haven't seen any of Rugani last but when he first joined Juventus he really did impress me when I watched him.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
The good thing is it's quiet. We have made it public we are after a centre back. We aren't given much away to the media. Leipzig may have leaked it from their end, but it doesn't seem to have blown up as they expected. So the discussions must be going on behind the scenes to get it done. It may also have been going on simutaneous to Pepe as why else would we be waiting on Tierney?
Not good for our sanity though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom