• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Mkhi out and Coutinho in would be a monstrous upgrade. Let Özil's contract run down and the likes of ESR, Saka and Nelson grow. Good times.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yh if the loan fee is crazy then I'm against the deal. But what do you mean by it costing the same as Partey's RC? Coutinho cost Bayern £40-50m altogether??

It was a 35m euro fee IIRC, plus I don't know how much of his wages had to be covered. It's a hefty chunck of change.

EDIT: got it from Barcas website https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/news/1313389/agreement-with-bayern-munich-for-philippe-coutinho-loan

FC Barcelona and Bayern Munich have reached an agreement for the loan of the player Philippe Coutinho to the German club for the 2019/20 season. Bayern Munich will pay 8.5 million euros and the player’s wages. The agreement also sees an option to buy for Bayern fixed at 120 million euros

He was on around 240k a week, if I'm not mistaken.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It was a 35m euro fee IIRC, plus I don't know how much of his wages had to be covered. It's a hefty chunck of change.

EDIT: got it from Barcas website https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/news/1313389/agreement-with-bayern-munich-for-philippe-coutinho-loan

FC Barcelona and Bayern Munich have reached an agreement for the loan of the player Philippe Coutinho to the German club for the 2019/20 season. Bayern Munich will pay 8.5 million euros and the player’s wages. The agreement also sees an option to buy for Bayern fixed at 120 million euros

He was on around 240k a week, if I'm not mistaken.

Would take him at an 8.5M loan fee.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Knew it was only a matter of time before we were linked, however tenuously. This kinda deal would have Raul's hands all over it.

On a wider note it seems to me that in general loan deals for big players between big clubs are becoming much more common and could become even more common post-covid, along with straight swaps.

Just looking at the footballing side of it, obviously he's not had a great time of it lately. But he's not quite in Mkhi/Alexis territory of being totally washed up. If the deal was financially viable then sure, why not.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Surely Coutinho's asking price has dropped? 2 years less on his contract and COVID wreaking havoc.

Willian is a much more likely option to cover CAM and WF, but Coutinho would be a better one. I still think he could play Pepe there up with the CF.

Let's not get anything twisted though, Coutinho is good enough to start at Barca so could easily stay. It's laughable that some Gooners are turning their nose up at him. Arteta would love to work with a player of this quality.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Also important to note that it would really piss off Liverpool fans if he came here and did well, and you can't put a price on that.

I think Liverpool fans are bit more focused on what their club are doing presently tbh..... like maybe if he scores a winner against them it'd boil their piss a bit but we won't even be competing with them anytime soon so can't really see why it'd bother them.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

A loan with option to buy like Bayern had would be excellent business imo. Even though he hasn’t hit quite the heights he did at Liverpool, he’s only really had one bad season when it comes to output.

Coutinho would give us a proven pl player that provides both output and creativity. He also allows for more tactical flexibility in that he can slot in as LW as well as AM, assuming Arteta continues with 4-2-3-1 in defense and 2-3-5/3-2-5 in attack. Not to mention his shot gives an extra threat to defend against, something we’re badly lacking today.

At LW he would allow for Auba up top while taking some pressure off Saka to perform. Assuming then Pepe would stay wide and Coutinho to drift in with Tierney pushing forward.

Tierney-Coutinho-Auba-Özil-Pepe
————Xhaka-CM-Bellerin————
——————Luiz-Saliba——————

Most ideal imo would be to play him as CAM, with Saka LW, Pepe RW and Auba CF. Saka keeps width and Pepe drifts in with RB pushing forward.

Saka-Coutinho-Auba-Pepe-Bellerin
————Tierney-Xhaka-CM————
——————Luiz-Saliba——————

If we could get Partey as CM and Coutinho I think we’d be a real force and should compete for top 4 again. Not convinced just getting Partey would be enough for that.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Last I read, Barcelona still owe Liverpool the bulk of the Coutinho fee. Crazy deal. He’s fallen out of favour before Barca even started paying his instalments.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Also it'd be nice to have someone tw*tting them in from 30 yards. Pepe could also start tw*tting them in, Partey and Xhaka occasionally tw*tting them in. We'd be tw*tting them in like there's no tomorrow.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can anyone argue he’s had more than 1-2 good seasons in the whole of his career? We used to diss him on here until he finally had that great season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Don’t see how we can justify 40M plus for a 28 year old who is not great or doesn’t have great potential.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Didn’t Barcelona set his price at 80M? Even half of that is a massive fee.

Aouar from Lyon, or that sort of profile.

What kind of profile is that? Hasn’t Aouar mostly played as right cm in a three? Would be happy with a switch to 4-3-3 and someone like Aouar for the long term but can’t see him getting us top 4 soon.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Loan with reasonable option to buy, lets say 50m would be good business. He knows the league, still has oodles of quality. He's the kind of player that needs to be the main man to shine, which is why he wasn't an unprecedented success at Barca/Bayern. He'll recapture his form at Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom