• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What kind of profile is that? Hasn’t Aouar mostly played as right cm in a three? Would be happy with a switch to 4-3-3 and someone like Aouar for the long term but can’t see him getting us top 4 soon.
In terms of profile, younger players with big potential. Think we should develop players rather than keep taking punts on older guys who are costing a bomb anyway.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Loan with reasonable option to buy, lets say 50m would be good business. He knows the league, still has oodles of quality. He's the kind of player that needs to be the main man to shine, which is why he wasn't an unprecedented success at Barca/Bayern. He'll recapture his form at Arsenal.
You’ll want to pay 50M for a 29 year old? That’s how old he’ll be after a season loan.

Seems very expensive when you could put that towards a younger talent.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Can't remember the last player bar Auba or Lacazette that actually added a semi decent amount of G+A?

In his half season at Bayern he's already got 8 goals and 6 assists in the league.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can't remember the last player bar Auba or Lacazette that actually added a semi decent amount of G+A?

In his half season at Bayern he's already got 8 goals and 6 assists in the league.
His stats generally throughout his career aren’t great. You have to balance if he’s worth the fee Barcelona will ask compared to maybe signing a younger player.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

His stats generally throughout his career aren’t great. You have to balance if he’s worth the fee Barcelona will ask compared to maybe signing a younger player.

I am in no way talking about a permanent signing whatsoever.

Just been going through his stats now, while they're not near worth the money Barca paid, or someone may pay Barca, there's always some goals and assists. We relied on guys like Iwobi, Mhki, Özil etc last fews years who barely mustered up more than 10.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

In terms of profile, younger players with big potential. Think we should develop players rather than keep taking punts on older guys who are costing a bomb anyway.

Agree with this sentiment and would love to go the Dortmund route. I just think we need to be a cl club to be able to attract the top tier talents.

If we’re keeping/extending Auba we have to invest in short term success.BDon’t really see a lot of viable choices that gives us the immediate output Coutinho could provide. Kai Havertz would be a dream signing.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Don’t see how we can justify 40M plus for a 28 year old who is not great or doesn’t have great potential.
Whom do you want...I'm kidding. But saying he's not great is very subjective. He's a proven game changer for Liverpool, and arsenal right now is very close to how liverpool were when Coutinho left. If the commercials work out I'm convinced he could be very good for us. 50m for a 28 year old who could get us back into the top four is money well spent.

Burt Gold

If we are going after a Barcelona cast off it should be Dembele. He's young enough and potentially world class. Coutinho is too expensive and not young.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Knew we were going to be linked with another one of Kia’s bum players.

At least the Willian rumours are gone, for now.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
You cannot really say no or complain about a guy like Coutinho, but it's more the general expectation that such a move would be a classic Arsenal one where this guy gomes in INSTEAD of what we actually need rather than a +.

If you'd tell me Partey would come and another CB/RB as well and we were not to lose a major young talent to get some money for it, I'd welcome him with open arms though.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Was told this is Sanllehi’s Watch List for the transfer window:

2Munxcb.jpg

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Didn’t Barcelona set his price at 80M? Even half of that is a massive fee.

Aouar from Lyon, or that sort of profile.
Oh yeh I defo don’t want to sign Coutinho. I just think that we should loan him in if the transfer funds aren’t there for a new CAM/LW this summer.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Oh yeh I defo don’t want to sign Coutinho. I just think that we should loan him in if the transfer funds aren’t there for a new CAM/LW this summer.

Wouldn’t want to sign either, but can’t really see any CAM/LW that could potentially get us back in top 4 and that would join us atm, regardless if we had the funds. Do you have anyone in mind?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn’t want to sign either, but can’t really see any CAM/LW that could potentially get us back in top 4 and that would join us atm, regardless if we had the funds. Do you have anyone in mind?
As @GDeep™ mentioned someone like Auoar would be a fantastic signing, but he wouldn’t necessarily hit the ground running and get us into the top4.

In the short term I don’t see anyone feasible that would guarantee us anything, we have issues throughout the pitch. To get top4 Arteta needs to get a lot out of our players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom