• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I dont think people are saying no to Coutinhos talent. It's a combination of price/age/wages. That's where the problem lies.

If we can get him on loan for a year on relatively high wages I would be all over it.

However if it is a signing likely to cost us similar to what Pepe did then no. Why? Firstly it's a lot of money for us. And if we do manage to sign Thomas Partey I reckon that will be most of the budget gone.

Secondly do we want to go down the route of paying top dollar and wages for a 28 year old. By no means it's old but your talking getting 2 top years out if him then starting to decline. There would be little to no re sale value.

If Auba was 100% set to leave maybe a deal with Barcelona could be done. We would likely have to pay something on top but could be an idea.

I think at the minute though RB and CM are the main concerns for me. If we could get Aarons and Thomas for the price of selling Mustafi, Sokratis, Miki, and possibly Torreria that would be decent.

After that we need to address the Auba situation but I reckon he will go.

Thomas Xhaka
Pepe Coutinho Saka/Martinelli
Laca

Not a lover of Xhaka but Arteta is so he will be staying. Would prefer Auba than Laca but cant see Auba staying. Wouldnt be a bad front 4 and midfield.

The only issue with signing a player of Coutinho's ilk should be whether we could afford to spend so much when we have other areas of need and I accept that.

In the last week, I've saw cases against Coutinho, Willian and Dembele. Any of the 3 would be the best player in our team.

I could see Arteta being all over this signing.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Better than some of the midfield/attack Wenger put out during the Emirates era. You’re not telling me **** like Arteta/Ramsey/Cazorla/Walcott/Podolski/Giroud is better than that.
We had peak Özil and Sanchez as our main guys during those days.

I shouldn’t moan, it’s where we’re at, but it genuinely looks grim unless we can promote some youth who can blow up soon.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
You can't deny that if we were to sign Partey and Coutinho, we could have a really strong team if Arteta could make it work.

The steel of Partey with the creativity and spark of Coutinho (he would contribute goals from midfield which we've missed) would make our team much more effective and purpose built.

vs parked buses at the Emirates:
Partey Xhaka
Pepe Özil Coutinho
Auba
A lot of spark and magic in midfield, to break down low blocks (we missed that this season)

in bigger, more tough games which are more open:
Partey Xhaka
Pepe Coutinho Saka/Martinelli
Auba
Would give us more width

Could even do a 3 man midfield with Coutinho LW. We'd have a lot of flexibility.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
RowZinho is staying at Barca and will get a 2nd chance under Setien. This would be like making the Mkhi mistake all over again but actually spending a **** load of money on the player. Even a loan wouldn’t be worth it considering how much we’d have to pay in loan fees/salary.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Get Coutinho on a short term contract I'd be happy with him, our midfield especially centrally needs to be re-assessed completely, get in Partey & Coutinho would be a good start, we'd probably only go up from there.

Get him in for 2 years or so to start with then go from there. That will give Arteta time to look at younger players in Coutinhos bracket & we start fresh imo.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I seriously doubt anybody is paying that for him this summer. Barca make €160m per season from gate receipts and they more than likely won’t see a penny of that for the next year. A loan deal and getting his wages of the books for the year is better than nothing.
If no decent offer comes in fair enough, but it would be a massive L to take for the board. Shame Barca strayed from its course and is so ineptly run. It's just a silly club at the moment.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
It weren't that long ago that we were looking at Giroud, Welbeck, Walcott, Iwobi as support for Sanchez (top, top player).

Now people are finding reasons to complain about the likes of Coutinho, Dembele, Willian, Lemar and even Pepe to support our only world class player in Aubameyang.

We have a strange fan base. I don't care how dodgy the deal would need to be - Coutinho lifts us up a level finally past the likes of Everton and Wolves where we currently sit.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How do we accommodate Özil and coutinho financially and in our starting XI, if we can move Özil on then this would make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom