• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Like I said in the other thread, I’m totally against this sort of transfer.

What’s the point in bringing in Coutinho when we’ve already got a similar player in Özil? I’d rather have players who can stand up in big home/away games and not go missing. He’s limited too, the Barca fans have been saying the same as above that he’s not good in a 4-3-3.

Coutinho is the epitome of a terrible transfer. Some people never learn and have a fetish for washed up players ffs. High wages and failed at two big clubs but we’re Arsenal so we can magically fix him.

3 year contract and 250k a week - Charity FC strikes again.

8 goals and 6 assists for Bayern in the league in 15 starts is failure? Interesting.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

8 goals and 6 assists for Bayern in the league in 15 starts is failure? Interesting.

Why didn’t Bayern take up the option of signing him then?

Coutinho scored a hattrick and got two assists against a relegation battling Bremen which makes his stats look better :facepalm:

https://understat.com/player/488

Look at those stats. Are those the stats of a 250k a week player?

:lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Why didn’t Bayern take up the option of signing him then?

Coutinho scored a hattrick and got two assists against a relegation battling Bremen which makes his stats look better :facepalm:

https://understat.com/player/488

Look at those stats. Are those the stats of a 250k a week player?

:lol:

In terms of goals and assists from midfield hes always very consistent regardless. He adds something we do not have, but people are turning it down.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
This is what Klopp said about him:

I didn't read that before, but I am glad that my analysis are in tune with that Kloop said. It means I am not so bad in reading football hahaha. But it's something you can watch, he isn't capable of defending, and 433 need that from CMs and even from wingers and strikers if the manager likes to press ala Kloop, Pep and now Arteta.

I see Coutinho playing outstanding in Wenger 4231 in 10 or LW because Wenger liked one Cam as winger and players moving around with freedom. He needs that.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

In terms of goals and assists from midfield hes always very consistent regardless. He adds something we do not have, but people are turning it down.

Özil > Coutinho

Özil adds plenty of assists. Why are we turning that down?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Özil > Coutinho

Özil adds plenty of assists. Why are we turning that down?

Not according to the site you keep referring to.

DC8-C4115-78-B8-485-A-895-E-DC37687-F6-C7-B.jpg

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Not according to the site you keep referring to.

DC8-C4115-78-B8-485-A-895-E-DC37687-F6-C7-B.jpg

Last seasons stats?

Both have been nothing players for a while. Compare their assists for the past 5 years and we’ll see who comes out on top.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Last seasons stats?

Both have been nothing players for a while. Compare their assists for the past 5 years and we’ll see who comes out on top.

That’s for the last two years. Why am I going to compare for the last 5 years when their form is at a completely different level? We’re talking about the here and now and that shows Coutinho is outperforming Özil in nearly every metric.

Now let’s compare Coutinho this season to some of the poster boys of AM, Maddison and Grealish.

33-C998-F7-3-B2-C-4-BB3-AFFC-1-E03-B9-D0-A085.jpg

C6-FDA780-3960-42-AC-8-B16-C5-D9-A5427-F3-C.jpg

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

@field442 @HairSprayGooners

Bring me a season like this that Coutinho has had.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...zil-tops-premier-league-assists-chart-with-19

Some people need to put respect on Özil’s name. He’s a finished player now but as is Coutinho who Barca are trying to flog around Europe.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Coutinho is more of a goalscoring midfielder @Troopz he isnt finished otherwise he wouldnt have scored and assisted multiple times for Bayern. Hes only 28 ffs.

28 but he’s being flogged around Europe as nobody wants him.

It will actually be interesting who picks up Coutinho hopefully it’s Sp**s and they’re stuck with his 250k a week wages.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
28 but he’s being flogged around Europe as nobody wants him.

It will actually be interesting who picks up Coutinho hopefully it’s Sp**s and they’re stuck with his 250k a week wages.

Its already been said that he would have to take a wage cut to join us, chill.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Coutinho is more of a goalscoring midfielder @Troopz he isnt finished otherwise he wouldnt have scored and assisted multiple times for Bayern. Hes only 28 ffs.

It's pretty easy to score and assist for Bayern in the Bundesliga. No surprise Bayern wasn't interested to sign him permanents and that's not only due to his fee or wage.

The most scorers are against bottom half teams.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not the direction I want us to go.

Think we really need to be recruiting in a different way.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That’s for the last two years. Why am I going to compare for the last 5 years when their form is at a completely different level? We’re talking about the here and now and that shows Coutinho is outperforming Özil in nearly every metric.

Now let’s compare Coutinho this season to some of the poster boys of AM, Maddison and Grealish.

33-C998-F7-3-B2-C-4-BB3-AFFC-1-E03-B9-D0-A085.jpg

C6-FDA780-3960-42-AC-8-B16-C5-D9-A5427-F3-C.jpg

Those comparison charts are a bit naughty.

Firstly two of the categories just show how his game is based around goals scoring which is hardly a secret. The knock has been he doesn’t offer you anything other than the occasional goal.

Also worryingly it seems to be implied from that chart that the only reason his G and xG are so much higher than the other two is because he takes almost double the shots. Not sure how shots per 90 is a category that proves he’s a better player.

Then on top of that Grealish outperforms him at key passes while he has similar xA numbers playing in a team of plumbers while Coutinho is serving up Lewandowski and Gnabry. The fact that Grealish is underperforming his xA is a speaks to this.

Coutinho meanwhile has a sample size less than half of Grealish that which is dodgy right off the bat but because he’s significantly outperforming his xA which also indicates the elite quality of his teammates, it suggests that if he played the same number of minutes that Grealish had he’d probably have far fewer assists per 90.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom