• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Mexès

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I think there's a decent chance of Mexes signing for us.......but as for when.....thats a totally different question.

Andrew

wellman69 said:
we don't need him, like we didn't need upson last season hey??

We don't. Kolo was never tried at centre back last season, so he is one extra centre back for us this season. And Cygan has improved significantly. Upson is a thing of the past.

Piston Broke

Selling Upson is a mistake of the past Don't You Mean Cygan is not getting Better just Average whilst i agree Kolo Is outstanding at the moment what happens when he gets hurt or Sol for that matter would you be happy having a Kolo/Cygan Partnership for say 6 weeks

Not likely i say Buy Mexe's in the january window we need all the cover we can get Losing Sol Last year Affected Us Bad we cant' let that happen again

wiltord11

i say we should get Mexes great cover for sol campbell has got international experience and hes good player and he young so one for the future :wink:

JGooner

we'll have to buy a new CB sometime soon. Keown is on his way to retirement and Cygan just ain't up to it. The credulity of some "fans" never ceases to stupefy me - a few non-disastrous games by cygan has persuaded some that he is a good enough player for arsenal. Even then, these performances have not actually been good. He was responsible for the Leicester equalisier and his aerial command has been pitiful for someone who is taller than everyone on the pitch. if the teams we have played recently had been better going forward (fulham, leicester, loko, etc don't represent the second coming of total football), he would have been responsible for more conceded goals. Not good enough. Never was.

A lot depends on Senderos. If he can remain fit, then he should become a regular in the first 16. We will then only need to buy one CB to replace Keown, so that we have four good CBs in the squad.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
JGooner said:
He was responsible for the Leicester equalisier and his aerial command has been pitiful for someone who is taller than everyone on the pitch

I'm glad someone else realised he was at fault for Leicester's equaliser. He's defending's still inept. We should try and swap him for Mexes. Auxerre need defenders and Cygan probably remains highly rated in his homeland.

A

Anonymous

unfortunaltely we have a coach who sees different

people are making wenger to be a world beater, but in my eyes some of his signings have been awful. He also continues to keep faith with players who should not be playing in the EPL

Cygan , Giberto are two of them

Cygan is to slow , and when we playing teams like united & liverpool, the pace will destroy him.

Giberto is another topic. useless player

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Overall Wenger's record in the transfer market is nothing short of phenomenal but of course he's not perfect and consequently has made a few blunders here and there.

satan_beckham

we should get him,cygan says he wanna moves back to france next season,keown retiring too means we need another centre back like mexes,but if mexes come,it means toure will be on bench or at the right.

A.Hussain

in terms of long term a lot of u have forgotten about senderos, i know we have not seen him so far but once he steps onto the pitch, we will be having a different scenario.... lot of good cbs

Andrew

Piston Broke said:
Selling Upson is a mistake of the past Don't You Mean Cygan is not getting Better just Average whilst i agree Kolo Is outstanding at the moment what happens when he gets hurt or Sol for that matter would you be happy having a Kolo/Cygan Partnership for say 6 weeks

Not likely i say Buy Mexe's in the january window we need all the cover we can get Losing Sol Last year Affected Us Bad we cant' let that happen again

Have you seen Cygan over the last few games? You obviously haven't or just really hate him. He has been excellent and was part of our pehnomenal 5-1 win against Inter. I am more than happy with him in the team. And don't forget we have Keown as well. Forget Mexes. We shouldn't waste our money on someone who we don't really need. We can't have all world class centre halfs as back-ups. Cygan and Keown are excellent back-ups... and we have a promising youngster in Senderos coming through. I think while we have new stadium being built we should be greatful for what we have and no greedy.

Feis-al

Actually, Cygan bailed out Sol twice in that Inter match and Loco. But if it come to Mexes, Why not if he is on the Cheap and Kolo to replace Lauren, If Mexes has a good left leg then Cover for Ashley improves by having Clichy and Mexes. I would still prefer Sol and Kolo in the middle while Lauren has to battle it out with the youngstars of Gilberto. Don't forget, Even Madrid wants Mexes while he rejected a chance with Manure

vin de guerre

henry_14 said:
unfortunaltely we have a coach who sees different

people are making wenger to be a world beater, but in my eyes some of his signings have been awful. He also continues to keep faith with players who should not be playing in the EPL

Cygan , Giberto are two of them

Cygan is to slow , and when we playing teams like united & liverpool, the pace will destroy him.

Giberto is another topic. useless player

yet another pearl _14! I dont know why Wenger doesnt just resign and let you of greater knowledge run the show. All we really need is a negative light to lead us on.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
IF ... he wants to join us I think we should get him. Toure is fantastic as a RB even more effective than CB. Lauren is not. I like Lauren but he is not as good as Toure.

Toure Mexes Campbell Cole ... wow what a stopper.

Get him and Reyes.

Alexone234

We only really have a first choice duo at CB, Cygan is a filler in, and Keown is growing too old. Serendos is going to have to mature before he becomes a real CB, so really, having Mexes is as vital as ever

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom